Love Inspired Heartsong Presents discussion

Stagecoach Bride
This topic is about Stagecoach Bride
LI Heartsong Presents Author Q&A > October 27-29 Q&A with Darlene Mindrup

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Narelle (new)

Narelle (narelle_atkins) | 264 comments Welcome to our author Q&A with Darlene Mindrup.

Darlene Mindrup has always had a love of writing and an active imagination. Years of journalism classes and homeschooling her children gave her the tools to make her writing better and more professional (and with fewer errors). She has a love of history that comes through in her novels, especially Bible history and World War II.

Darlene’s latest book, Stagecoach Bride, is an October 2014 release.

Stagecoach Bride by Darlene Mindrup

Stagecoach Driver Adam Clark Is Used to Surprises

But he never thought he'd find his childhood friend Amanda Ross applying for a dangerous driver's job. Now Adam's "little bundle of dynamite" is all grown up…and sparking feelings that are anything but brotherly. If he can't talk her out of her crazy scheme to assert her independence, he'll just have to protect her.

Amanda's fiery personality dwarfs her small stature, but their journey westward tests even her indomitable spirit. And she learns she can trust Adam to keep her safe in the swirl of danger that surrounds them. Can these two old friends survive a treacherous trip…and open their hearts to one another before it's too late?

Welcome, Darlene! I’m going to open the floor for our readers to ask questions and start our discussion.

message 2: by Darlene (last edited Oct 27, 2014 05:52AM) (new)

Darlene Mindrup | 96 comments Thanks, Narelle. By the way, it's good to see that you are doing better.

message 3: by June (new)

June | 213 comments Hi Darlene,

Sadly I am behind in my reading and haven't gotten this one read yet, but it looks great. I glanced at your list of publications and you are all over the place with genre's. Contemporary, Roman, Western. My question is about how you handle writing a book. Do you only work on one book at a time or are you doing research and writing for multiple books at the same time? How do you keep your mind from getting muddled in the middle of it all? (I'm afraid I'd slip a Roman on the stagecoach and wouldn't know how to get him back off ;) ) What is the hardest part of writing multiple genre's for you?

Love the cover too!

message 4: by Narelle (new)

Narelle (narelle_atkins) | 264 comments Darlene wrote: "Thanks, Narelle. By the way, it's good to see that you are doing better."

Thanks, Darlene :) I'm doing much better and took my last antibiotic pill this morning -yay!

June, I'm way behind on my reading, too. Unfortunately being sick didn't provide me with any extra reading time :(

message 5: by Narelle (last edited Oct 28, 2014 04:00AM) (new)

Narelle (narelle_atkins) | 264 comments If we have any Aust/NZ readers in the group who buy the epub version of our books, you'll be interesting in knowing that Mills and Boon Australia has a 50% off RRP of all their books until the end of the month. That reduces our Heartsong books, including Darlene's book and the October releases, to $4 each (Australian dollars). The promo code is oct50 and I've pasted the link below to the Digital Editions on their site.

http://www.millsandboon.com.au/produc...

message 6: by Darlene (new)

Darlene Mindrup | 96 comments June wrote: "Hi Darlene,

Sadly I am behind in my reading and haven't gotten this one read yet, but it looks great. I glanced at your list of publications and you are all over the place with genre's. Contempora..."

Hi June,
In my mind I'm usually working on two or three books at the same time, but on paper I only work on 1. I keep notebooks all over the place to jot down notes I think of while watching tv, sewing, cooking, even reading. I even have a little hand held recorder that goes everywhere with me. I don't have a problem getting confused because I love history and become totally absorbed in the research I do for the story I am writing. The hardest part about writing multiple genres is leaving one and going to another.

message 7: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Sparkes (wendysparkes) | 71 comments Oh, sounds like a fun ride!

I have great admiration for Stagecoach drivers. They were just sitting ducks during a hold-up, or shoot-out.

message 8: by Darlene (new)

Darlene Mindrup | 96 comments This story is about the Butterfield Stage line, which was not as well known as the Wells Fargo, although Wells Fargo eventually took it over. It's hard to imagine traveling 2700 miles by stagecoach in just 21 days. You are right. Robbers, Indians, floods, ice storms, etc. It took a hardy breed of men to face such! (Or in this case, woman.) ;)