Bisky's Twitterling's Scribbles! discussion

All Things Writing > NaNoWriMo 2014

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bisky (new)

Bisky Scribbles (bisky_scribbles) | 2536 comments Mod
Who is doing it this year? :]

message 2: by J. David (new)

J. David Clarke (clarketacular) | 418 comments I wasn't sure if I could do it this year, but i'm going to attempt it with my WiP. I'm already about 30k words in, but I figure I'll just go 50k from there and work my way to 80k by the end of the month. I needed something to kick start me, I've been taking far too long with it.

message 3: by J.D. (new)

J.D. Selmser (JDSelmser) | 3 comments I am doing this year. I love the challenge of it

message 4: by Phillip (new)

Phillip (broofee) I have a similar idea like J. David. Similar word counts, as well! Well, I'll give it a try :)

message 5: by P.D. (new)

P.D. Workman (pdworkman) Surprise, surprise--I am!

Outlined and ready to go. Counting down the days to November 1. (I'm a little ticked off that I have two meetings to go that day on opposite ends of the city, but I'll get my words in!)

I generally do 100,000 words rather than 50,000 for NaNo, because 50,000 is just too short for a full-fledged novel. Looking at my outline, I might be closer to 115,000-125,000 this month.

Buddy me!

http://nanowrimo.org/participants/pdw

message 6: by Dionne (new)

Dionne | 68 comments okay buddy.

message 7: by Shannon (new)

Shannon Pemrick I'm opting out. I'm in the middle of editing the second book of my trilogy so it's a bad time for me (I don't work on more than one work at a time) and I just don't have the time to dedicate to writing that many words in a month. If I did I'd do it all the time.

message 9: by Ty (new)

Ty (tyunglebo) I'm going to be a rebel this year and so short stories instead of a novel. But I am doing it.

message 10: by Brian (new)

Brian S. Creek I'll be there.

Everything all planned out on Scrivener and ready to go. Aiming to beat my record from last year (no constraints as my project has an open ended episodic structure).

message 11: by Dawn (new)

Dawn J Stevens (dawnjstevens) | 51 comments Sitting out this year. Just no time to commit to the word count, plus in the middle of a few other projects. Maybe next year.

Wishing all those in good luck!

message 12: by J. David (new)

J. David Clarke (clarketacular) | 418 comments If anyone wants to add me as a NaNo writing buddy: http://nanowrimo.org/participants/cla...

message 13: by R. (new)

R. Jackson-Lawrence | 54 comments I really wanted to, until I learned Assassins Creed Unity comes out on 11th November...

I know I won't get any writing done for a week or two at least (at least I'm honest with myself)!

message 14: by Neil (new)

Neil Bursnoll | 109 comments I'm going to do it again, however I keep changing my mind about which book to write!

message 15: by Nadia (new)

Nadia (nadiajwriter) | 8 comments I am

message 16: by E.A. (new)

E.A. Lake (ealake) | 17 comments I've got one to write (or should I say rough out). I just need to finish this novella I'm working on before that...or perhaps, set it aside.

message 17: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra Lawson | 91 comments I really wanted to, but the timing isn't working for me this year.

message 18: by P.D. (new)

P.D. Workman (pdworkman) Come on, guys! You can do it. Less than 24 hours to start!

message 19: by Cem (new)

Cem Bilici (cembilici) I am, under my real name. Day 3 is off to a slow start, *sigh*. Only 500 words done so far and it's 1pm. I wanted to at least get my 5k badge by now :P

message 20: by Brian (new)

Brian S. Creek Nearly on 7000.

message 21: by Brian (new)

Brian S. Creek Nearly on 7000.

message 22: by P.D. (new)

P.D. Workman (pdworkman) I'm up to 17,652. But of course the site is down so I can't update properly...

message 23: by Emma (new)

Emma Lindhagen (emmalindhagen) Wow, PD, that's a great word count!

I'm aiming to reach 10k this evening after work.

message 24: by E.A. (new)

E.A. Lake (ealake) | 17 comments Im at about 3,500 for the month thus far. Some of it's pretty good, and seemingly always followed by much that is pretty bad!

message 25: by Ty (new)

Ty (tyunglebo) I am keeping up with the word count so far. But I am actually finding short stories, (I am a rebel this year) more difficult to do in this early stages than a novel. I think it's because you have less time with a short story to meander and explore. You have to "get to the goods" faster.

message 26: by Peggy (new)

Peggy Chambers (peggychambers) | 1 comments 3334 so far, but I do better on the weekends.

message 27: by P.D. (new)

P.D. Workman (pdworkman) That's only 1875 per day to complete. You can do that!

message 28: by Emma (new)

Emma Lindhagen (emmalindhagen) I passed 16k earlier today, and have managed a bit over 2k every day. I find it encouraging that I'm managing such a regular pace.

message 29: by S.R. (new)

S.R. Hughes (thesrhughes) Whew, you all must have blinding fusion engines sparking away inside of you...
I plan to participate, but I find it doubtful that I should finish. Watching everyone else's progress has been fun, though!

message 30: by Kevin (new)

Kevin Moore (kevmoorewrites) | 63 comments Man, I wish had time to NaNoWriMo this year!! It's just too busy of a semester :( Next time!

message 31: by Joel (new)

Joel Gun (joelhuntergun) | 6 comments Oh, how I wish I could. I will be editing a short story and a novel this time around. I am excited to see those who are able and willing to participate, however, and I wish you the very best! :-)

message 32: by Joel (new)

Joel Gun (joelhuntergun) | 6 comments Emma wrote: "I passed 16k earlier today, and have managed a bit over 2k every day. I find it encouraging that I'm managing such a regular pace."

Wow! I wish you the best, to keep that fire going!

message 33: by N.L. (new)

N.L. Shompole (nlshompole) | 12 comments Great seeing so many people doing this. Started late, over the weekend but up to 10k. Hoping to get caught up this week. Good luck everyone!!