The Hopefuls discussion

Support > NaNoWriMo 2014

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Miru (new)

Miru Is anybody doing NaNoWriMo this year?

(and freaking out like me because - 4 days left!!!)

message 2: by Ella (new)

Ella | 84 comments I didn't know what it was but I just looked at their website and it looks amazing

message 3: by kai (new)

kai (t0xicf0x) | 22 comments I am! I don't really know how to use the website but my name is Greigh Pine.
I'm really looking forward to it!

message 4: by Ash (new)

Ash (ashiew) Yes, I am doing NaNoWriMo :) I am a bit nervous since I haven't planned my novel. I am not even sure what I want to write about. But last year all I had was an idea and I just wrote without an outline and I won so maybe I don't need to worry about planning or anything? Idk. I am super excited though.

message 5: by Milan (new)

Milan (thehopelesspizza) | 17 comments Yeah I'm in but I have no idea what to write about!

message 6: by Miru (new)

Miru Ella: it is! It is also stressful, but sooo much fun!

Chloe: Good luck! Once it's november, on the top right corner of the front page, a small box will appear where you can update your word count.
My NaNoWriMo -> My Novels: Here you can create your novel and check your stats :)

Ashley: Good luck! If not really planning anything works for you, than you should definitely do that! :D For me, the more I planned in advance, the better. Otherwise I would go crazy :D

Milan: Good luck! Maybe you can find some ideas here: http://nanowrimo.org/forums/reference...

Marklessgirl: Same here -.- There is so much to do this November and I am not as prepared as I wanted to be, but yes I will try and hopefully win :) Good luck!

message 7: by Maria (new)

Maria I'm also going to try it out! Good luck everyone :D

message 8: by Miru (new)

Miru Good luck to you, too! :)

message 9: by Erin (new)

Erin Finlen I'm trying it! This is my first year! I'm a little nervous as my husband says he is going to annoy me everyday until it's done haha

message 10: by Miru (new)

Miru Good luck, Erin! :D

message 11: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Davidson Third year doing it, never won but still loving it! Good luck guys! ♥️

message 12: by Ash (new)

Ash (ashiew) Okay like I am so nervous! Last year I had no time to be nervous since I decided on November 1 I was going to do NaNoWriMo. But now I have had months to just think about it and now that it is down to the wire I am so nervous! I have almost no clue what to write about. I have a couple of ideas but I have no clue how I am going to actually write them. Ahh! So tonight I am just going to sit with a notebook and a pen until I have a list of ideas scrawled onto my paper. I am just so lost as to what to write. I am excited to write but am clueless :/

message 13: by Ella (new)

Ella | 84 comments I started my novel this evening. I've only done 298 words but it's a start I guess

message 14: by Miru (new)

Miru Yeah! It IS a start :)

How is everybody else doing?

message 15: by Ash (new)

Ash (ashiew) A start is a start and that is awesome! :)

I have written 700 words so far. I went into this year with no idea or plan but it is going well. Apparently my brain decided it wanted to write a depressing dark novel so that is what is going to happen I guess this month. We shall see I guess. I am still really apprehensive though. I feel like this year I may not be able to win but so far it is fun so that is all I care about.

message 16: by Ella (new)

Ella | 84 comments What's the prize? I read it but I can't remember ahaha

message 17: by Ash (last edited Nov 01, 2014 01:54PM) (new)

Ash (ashiew) Ella: Bragging rights xD. Discounts and special offers from some cool websites and such(example would be scivner I don't remember the other places but I am sure the site has it listed somewhere). You can print off a nifty certificate. And I mean you would have written a novel so that is a pretty good prize xD

message 18: by Beth (new)

Beth Joy (bethjoy) | 7 comments I'm participating this year and it's my first year. I hope I can keep up. I'm not really expecting to finish but I'm going to try to get as far into my novel as possible

message 19: by Miru (new)

Miru SOOOO….

the first week of NaNoWriMo is over - how many words have you written so far?

:)

message 20: by Ella (new)

Ella | 84 comments 1,018...I don't know what to write. It sucks

message 21: by Ash (new)

Ash (ashiew) I am so behind. I have like 8,500 words? I am just so disappointed in myself. I have no inspiration to write. :(

message 22: by Beth (new)

Beth Joy (bethjoy) | 7 comments Ashley wrote: "I am so behind. I have like 8,500 words? I am just so disappointed in myself. I have no inspiration to write. :("

You're doing much, much better than I am. I literally only have 458 words... and I've probably sat in front of my word document a good 8 hours and that's all I have to show for it

message 23: by Miru (new)

Miru 8500 is a lot! so don't stop now, Ashley! :)

Ella, Beth: you can still do it! :)

Good luck for the second week :)

message 24: by kai (new)

kai (t0xicf0x) | 22 comments I only just have 5k but I am eager to catch up

message 25: by Ella (new)

Ella | 84 comments I think I've given up, I just don't know what to write or where I want the story to go

message 26: by Tania (new)

Tania | 7 comments I have just under 9k but I've had a really busy couple of days... No clue how I'm going to catch up, but determined to try! :P

message 27: by Miru (new)

Miru Yesterday was half time! -> 25000 words

How is everybody doing?

message 28: by Ash (new)

Ash (ashiew) Miru wrote: "Yesterday was half time! -> 25000 words

How is everybody doing?"

I'm over 10,000 words behind but I am proud of myself for writing like 11,000-ish words this year. I hope I can catch up but I am happy with what I have written. How is your word goal so far? :)

message 29: by Miru (new)

Miru 11 000 is a lot! and there are still 14 days left.

I haven't said my word count so far because I am surprisingly far this year and as you all are "struggling", it makes me feel bad :(
so yeah, right now, I have 37109 words.

but YOU CAN DO IT TOO!!!

message 30: by Ash (new)

Ash (ashiew) Miru wrote: "11 000 is a lot! and there are still 14 days left.

I haven't said my word count so far because I am surprisingly far this year and as you all are "struggling", it makes me feel bad :(
so yeah, ri..."

Hey no need to feel bad. We are proud of you! :D That is so amazing! Scream your word goal from the top of a mountain and hey maybe even I'll join you in shouting with my word goal :) No need to hide it :) And thank you! I am planning on writing some more tonight :)

message 31: by Miru (new)

Miru Yes, we can shout together :D

good luck with writing tonight :)

message 32: by Ash (new)

Ash (ashiew) Miru wrote: "Yes, we can shout together :D

good luck with writing tonight :)"

message 33: by kai (new)

kai (t0xicf0x) | 22 comments Just wondering how everyone got along?

message 34: by Miru (new)

Miru I got 50 095 words :)