Curvy Girls Rock! discussion

Member Topics > New Adult

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Pauline (new)

Pauline Allan (paulineallan) | 547 comments Mod
Have any of you read anything from this hot new genre? I read a New Adult not realizing it was in that category. The heat level was off the charts and I loved the deep characterization in the story. I was surprised to find it in this category. I started researching and found out these stories have characters between the ages of 17-26. If you've ready anything in this genre please share what books you found and your take on this sensation.

message 2: by McGee Magoo (new)

McGee Magoo I'm not sure if this counts, but I read Archer's Voice not too long ago and loved it. Toni Aleo writes her Assassin series and has made a N/A spinoff called Boarded by Love. Hockey. Drama. Sex. I try to avoid the youngsters if I can but every now and then a goodie pops up.

message 3: by Angela (new)

Angela Verdenius (angelacatlover) | 160 comments Never tried New Adult. I guess I first thought Twilight kind of thing (don't get me wrong, I have all the Twilight movies and read the whole series and loved it!). I think I need to give this new genre a go...

message 4: by Pauline (new)

oh Angela...it's so romantic, SEXY TENSION, and strong but broken heroes. I love it! This aint' your momma's Twilight! You get to sit ringside for the naughty fun. ;)

message 5: by Angela (new)

Angela Verdenius (angelacatlover) | 160 comments What do you suggest I start with?

Cripes, it'll be in line with the other 500+ on my kindle! this place is deadly for bookworms LOL, my TBR list is staggering since I joined Goodreads!

message 6: by Pauline (new)

Stepbrother Dearest and Easy were very good!

Midniteillusion (Desiree) (midniteillusion) | 3 comments I just finished Stepbrother Dearest and I totally second your recommendation for it.

message 8: by Sophia (new)

Sophia | 25 comments Pauline, if you mean Easy by Tammara Webber, I loved it! In the other hand about Stepbrother Dearest, I loved the first part of the book but the other half of the book it was a disappointment for me..... I was expecting something else... I would recommended to you, Colleen Hoover and Jessica Sorensen books! They are two of my favourite writers in new adult genres!!

message 9: by Pauline (new)

I liked Easy as well. I'll check out those authors. I've also fallen in love with a book called Torren and Wes.

message 10: by Hayden (new)

Hayden S. I lie this group!

message 11: by Pauline (new)

Hayden wrote: "I lie this group!"

Welcome, Hayden! Can you tell us what type of books you like to read? I noticed on your profile you're a member of several LGBT community groups. Yay!! We love all types of readers in this group. Please share any titles you've enjoyed in any category.

message 12: by Meghan (new)

Meghan Anderson | 1 comments Penelope Douglas is a very good writer in the New Adult genre as well. I have read Rival which is the second book in her Fall Away series several times.