BookTube: Creative Nonfiction! discussion

Book Tags > TAG: Reading Habits

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Isabela (last edited Oct 26, 2014 06:35PM) (new)

Isabela (isi13) Hey, guys! I thought this tag would be a fun little way for us to get to know each other and share our reading habits. These are some the questions booktubers usually answer, but feel free to add questions if you want :) Let's do this!

1. Where do you like to read?
2. Bookmark or Random piece of paper?
3. Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter or # pages?
4. Do you eat or drink while you reading?
5. Do you watch tv or listen to music while reading?
6. One book at a time or several at once?
7. Reading at home or everywhere?
8. Reading out loud or silently in your head?
9. Do you ever read ahead or skip pages?
10. Breaking the spine or keeping it like new?

message 2: by Isabela (new)

Isabela (isi13) 1. I know it's kind of funny, but I really enjoy reading on the bus and on the subway.
2. Bookmark, I have a bunch of those around the house.
3. Usually I stop reading at the of a chapter or, if that's not possible, at least I try to end the page.
4. Not really, I can't do both things at the same time...
5. No TV. But sometimes I listen to classical music while reading to block out the noise around me.
6. I tend to read only one book at a time.
7. Everywhere... But there's nothing like reading before bed while having a cup of tea :)
8. Silently, always.
9. No!! And I hate when I accidentally read a sentence or a word that could spoil what's coming.
10. Keeping it like new, broken spines kind of freak me out.

message 3: by Sara Marie (new)

Sara Marie (noodlebamboo) | 2 comments 1. Anywhere! Especially outdoors though.
2. Both. Whatever is handy. Sometimes I'll even use a paper clip (in textbooks).
3. It's one of those things where I wish I did it differently than I actually do it. I would prefer to stop at a chapter break, but I usually just stop when I have to or don't feel like reading anymore.
4. I find it difficult to multitask like that. Sometimes I'll try to drink something while I'm reading, but I'll usually either forget about the drink or not get much reading done.
5. Instrumental music, MAYBE. Preferably just the "white noise" of life around me.
6. I'm always reading several books - at any time I'll have an audiobook I'm working on, and I'll always be reading both non-fiction and fiction, and usually something in Norwegian and something in English.
7. Everywhere!
8. Silently, unless I'm alone and the language is so beautiful that I can't help myself. Sometimes it's nice to "taste" the words.
9. I used to, but no. Not in fiction, at least.
10. Depends on the book. I have some books that I consider spine-breakable, annotatable, worth wearing out and like I can't interact with them any other way. Others, especially if they are particularly pretty or expensive, I'll try to keep like new.

message 4: by Lindsay's Lovely Library (last edited Oct 30, 2014 11:35PM) (new)

Lindsay's Lovely Library | 9 comments Mod
1.) In my room. I wish I could read outdoors, but I'm easily distracted by the weather and cute furry animals.
2.) Random piece of paper. Usually I tear out a page from a journal or my binder. (I do like my bookmarks, though!)
3.) I usually always have to find the end of a chapter to end on in order to put the book down. It's hard to do with cliffhanger-filled books!
4.) Before bed, I usually read a few chapters of a book with a cup of hot cocoa.
5.) No. Easily distracted. ("Squirrel!")
6.) Several at once. I'm an English major, so usually I have to read my leisure book at the same time I'm reading books for class.
7.) Everywhere, but I agree with you Isabela! Nothing like reading at home.
8.) Silently.
9.) Not anymore. In high school, I had a horrible habit of reading the last page first. I couldn't resist. But now, for the sake of the reading experience, I refuse.
10.) Like new, though it's hard to do!

Thanks, guys! This was a really fun tag. :)

message 5: by Leah (new)

Leah Frazier | 1 comments 1. My room and if I am on the go or waiting for something.
2. Either, depends whatever is closer.
3. I can just stop reading, but I would like to finish a whole chapter instead.
4. Yes, Both.
5. Listen to music.
6. One book at a time.
7. Both.
8. Silently in my head.
9. No.
10. Depends on if its paperback or hardcover. But usually breaking it.

message 6: by Black Sun (new)

Black Sun | 2 comments 1. bed, treadmill, mcdonald's
2. both
3. I can just stop
4. no
5. sometimes
6. several at once
7. everywhere
8. silently in my head
9. no
10. breaking the spine.