2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2014 > TBR Twins, November

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kara (last edited Oct 26, 2014 05:07PM) (new)

Kara (karaayako) | 3978 comments Sorry for the delay, all! Here are November's twins. I did my best to pair everyone with a twin who answered similarly, but I also didn't want to pair anyone with someone he or she had previously twinned with, so I needed to make some leaps. Hope it works out!

Please reach out to your twin to decide on what to read. Once you decide, post it here, and then come back when you've finished to let us know what you thought of it.

If you message your twin and don't hear back at all, please let me know.

-----

Theresa~OctoberLae
Jessica

Emmy
Leslee

Ariana
Karin

Sherry
Jenna

Kathleen
Fiona (Titch)

Mahsa
Talia

Jacqueline
Ashley

Dominique
June

QueenAmidala28
Londa

Caro
Claire P

Karina
Elizabeth Dearie

message 2: by Kathleen (last edited Oct 27, 2014 04:25PM) (new)

Kathleen Alexander | 159 comments Fiona and I are going to read The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty

message 3: by Caro (new)

Caro (karopi) | 992 comments Claire and I decide to readMy Whispers of Horror: Letters Telling Women's True Tales from Ex-USSR Nations We did not have any TBR books (despite the fact that Clare has over 1000 books in her TBR list) so I decide to read one of her TBR. It sounds very interesting, and hard reading.

message 4: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Jacqueline and I are going to read Where She Went by Gayle Forman. We want to see where this 2nd book takes us in this series.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Ashley wrote: "Jacqueline and I are going to read Where She Went by Gayle Forman. We want to see where this 2nd book takes us in this series."

I read the first book this month, so I'll be interested in seeing how you like the second book.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Mahsa and I will be reading Emma.

Theresa~OctoberLace (octoberlace) | 773 comments Jessica and I had no books in common, but came up with some possibilities. The one that we were both able to get for a November start is Delirium by Lauren Oliver.

message 8: by Tawallah (new)

Tawallah | 195 comments Dominique and i are reading
Legend (Legend, #1) by Marie Lu
Starting this week.

message 9: by Kara (new)

Kara (karaayako) | 3978 comments June, can't wait to hear what the two of you think of that one! I've had it on my TBR.

message 10: by Tawallah (new)

Tawallah | 195 comments Dominque and I have finished Legend by Marie Lu. It's worth the hype. We both loved it and gave it 4/5 stars each. We are thinking of reading the rest of the trilogy together.

Go ahead, Kara. My GR friends have given 4 stars as the lowest star. You will definitely enjoy.

message 11: by Karin (new)

Karin (karindem55) Ariana and I will be reading Dash & Lily's Book of Dares

message 12: by Sherry (new)

Sherry (lilsherry) | 699 comments Jenna and I decided on Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell and both of us are almost done with it so we can begin our discussions.

message 13: by Claire (new)

Claire  (claire6452) | 713 comments Caro and I finished our book, My Whispers of Horror Letters Telling Women's True Tales from Ex-USSR Nations by Olga Brine

We both rated it 4 stars. The book is a series of letters from women who have suffered a variety of forms of abuse. Some have been beaten by their husbands, some simply forced to support their families by men who refuse to work and spend all their money on alcohol and/or prostitutes, one was from a woman who was promised a job in the US, only to be held captive and forced into prostitution. All of them have compelling stories to tell, and the couple who compiled the letters are actively seeking to help these women and others caught in a culture that doesn't value them.

Caro and I both felt that their stories are important, and while it wasn't a "happy" read, we're both glad we read it!

Theresa~OctoberLace (octoberlace) | 773 comments Jessica and I finished Delirium by Lauren Oliver but have been busy and just getting back to report.

I think both of us thought the story was good, but the characters still had far to go in terms of development. We also debated whether this was truly original or just riding on the popular dystopian genre wave. This is the first of a series, and the end was certainly geared to draw you to read the second.

I have quite some longer series I'm working on now, so it may be a while before I follow up on this one, if I do. Jessica says she always finishes the series she starts, so I'll watch for her posts on this one.