Fringe Fiction Unlimited discussion

Need your opinion of my covers

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by R. (new)

R. Marquez | 6 comments Readers and writers out there, I need your opinion. Some folks like my e-book covers, others, not so much. Before I go through the trouble and expense of making a change, I'm trying to get as much feedback as possible. If this helps, my books are humorous cozies--though some folks also tell me they're a little too edgy to be cozies. Thanks to all of you who care to respond.

Here is a link to my Amazon Author Page which shows them all.

my link text

message 2: by S.T. (new)

S.T. King | 22 comments Considering the reader you seem to be trying to target -- the one that desires to laugh and have fun with the reading. I would say your cover looks just fine.

Naturally its not my type of genre so maybe others can give you more feedback on that. I will say though I generally like covers to be more dynamic.

But really I think that applies more to the horror/dark fiction I like to read.

message 3: by R. (new)

R. Marquez | 6 comments Tk wrote: "Considering the reader you seem to be trying to target -- the one that desires to laugh and have fun with the reading. I would say your cover looks just fine.

Naturally its not my type of genre so..."

Thanks, Tk. I appreciate the input.

message 4: by Lily (new)

Lily Vagabond (lilyauthor) Hi R, I've moved this to Cover Critiques. Hopefully you'll get more feedback in that folder.

message 5: by R. (new)

R. Marquez | 6 comments Lily wrote: "Hi R, I've moved this to Cover Critiques. Hopefully you'll get more feedback in that folder."

Thank you! I didn't even know there was a topic for this.

message 6: by Lily (new)

Lily Vagabond (lilyauthor) Glad to help :)

message 7: by Gregory (new)

Gregory Mayflower | 4 comments R. wrote: "Readers and writers out there, I need your opinion. Some folks like my e-book covers, others, not so much. Before I go through the trouble and expense of making a change, I'm trying to get as much ..."

Tk, I think that the covers look fine. They are consistent and seem to fit your genre well.

message 8: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Lyles (gobbledygook) | 80 comments I like the covers except for the green color. Does that color have something to do with the books?

message 9: by R. (new)

R. Marquez | 6 comments Amanda wrote: "I like the covers except for the green color. Does that color have something to do with the books?"

Thanks for taking the time to give me your opinion. I appreciate it. The books are set in the Pacific Northwest and the color should give you a feel for the place; however, I've definitely been getting push back on the color from many people.

message 10: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Lyles (gobbledygook) | 80 comments I have nothing against green but that particular shade makes me think of sick people for some reason. I lived in Washington state for a while and it while it was very green they were darker greens. Maybe making it darker would help.

message 11: by R. (new)

R. Marquez | 6 comments Hi, Amanda. I was thinking the same. Darn that graphic artist.

message 12: by William (new)

William Galaini (williamgalaini) | 11 comments I'm colorblind, so I didn't catch the green element there, but I really like the uniformity for the sake of your readership. I find them charming and they remind me of some of the background from the covers of Agatha Christie novels.

message 13: by Yolanda (new)

Yolanda Ramos (yramosseventhsentinel) I think your cover is fine, maybe change the font, but I like it.

message 14: by R. (new)

R. Marquez | 6 comments I appreciate everyone's input. I did end up getting professional covers and the link shows those now. Most folks seem to like these.

Thanks for the input.

message 15: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Wells | 1826 comments Mod
The font, also, for me. It doesn't grab me since it just looks too casua/cheapl - like a jotted note.

It doesn't jump out in a good way.

message 16: by Anna (new)

Anna Runes | 6 comments I am comfortably late to the party, but my opinion might have as much value as has month-old lettuce.

I owned a series of Classics, the covers of which were all the same except for the title and author. The books looked so good on my shelves that I never had to read any of them.

I like the marketing aspect of your covers--that they, like my collection of Classics, are all the same--but I don't FEEL anything from them. I wonder if the view out the window could connect to characters in the stories? Alternatively, perhaps the magnifying glass and it's focused message (very clever) could be smaller, allowing room for a quote designating that the content is funny. (If you wish, you can quote me: "Geez-o-pizza! This is a funny book!)

I know that other aspects of your marketing address the humor, but a top-1000 Amazon reviewer wrote that a book's cover is 90% of the sale to new buyers. Stephen King can publish books with blank covers and sell 7.2 billion copies, but I want a cover to cue me as to what I'll find inside.