What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Short story about elderly woman who thought her family was trying to kill her. Her dog had gone missing and she thought they had killed it.

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mary (last edited Oct 26, 2014 02:24PM) (new)

Mary (earth2res) | 81 comments I read it about 30-35 years ago and it had been recently published. It involved an elderly woman who thought her family was trying to kill her. Her dog had gone missing and she thought they had killed it. Then they told her that her doctor was out of town and she thought they were lying so they could bring in a new doctor who could help put her in a home. I think she may have killed one of them. Then her doctor returned and he had been on vacation.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38282 comments Mod
Where did you read it? In an anthology, or in a book of stories all by the same writer, or in a magazine? Etc.

message 3: by Mary (new)

Mary (earth2res) | 81 comments I do not remember where I read it, but I think it might have been in a magazine.

message 4: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (drokka) | 211 comments Some of this resonated with me, but I read it 30-ish years ago and I think in this she imagines killing one of her kids (I believe she suffers from dimentia) The Stone Angel

Caveat: When I read it, English wasn't my primary language and quite frankly, I was bored by it. So, it may not be the book

message 5: by Mary (new)

Mary (earth2res) | 81 comments Thanks but that is not it.

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Mary left the group. Moving to Abandoned.

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Mary is back in the group, and recently active. Moving back to Unsolved.