#72HourReadathon discussion

Read-a-thon #1 > Day 3 update

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (itsjustmesamantha) We're almost done, so read your butt off! You can do it!
Here you can let us know how much you have read overall :)

message 2: by Yaëlle (new)

Yaëlle (livelovereadx) I read 62 pages today. That's not as much as day 1 and 2, but I had very many classes at school and not much time to read. When I finish this chapter (and the 62 pages) day 3 will have already ended but who cares ;)

message 3: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (itsjustmesamantha) Unfortunately yesterday I became plagued with that terrible thing we all know and hate: a reading slump. So I wasn't feeling terribly motivated to read today. On top of this, I had a 3 and a half hour aptitude test this morning (nowhere near as fun as it looked in Divergent) and my computer died meaning that I have lost a lot of videos and can no longer edit videos. So yeah, today was a horrible day! But I did manage to read 60 pages of The Shadowhunter's Codex, so that's something! This brings my total for the 3 days to 453 pages. That's not too bad, but I could've done better!

Thank you for participating everyone. For those who are in a different time zone and are still going, keep on reading!

The next 72-hour read-a-thon will most likely be in December, so I look forward to hosting this again for you guys then! Next time we'll be more organised and maybe have video challenges, if that is something people are interested in?
Anyway, that's all from me for now!

message 4: by Jo (new)

Jo Lisa (jolisa) | 12 comments Today I completed the last 266 pages of We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves by Karen Joy Fowler.. I have a few hours left, so I may add to this before midnight!

message 5: by Christine (new)

Christine | 8 comments I think I was a bit too ambitious with my TBR haha. I haven't even finished my second book for the readathon D: but hopefully, I'll do better next time~

Anna (Unquenchable Reads) (unquenchablereads) I finished The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer and read some in Days of Blood and Starlight

message 7: by Christine (new)

Christine | 8 comments Anna (Unquenchable Reads) wrote: "I finished The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer and read some in Days of Blood and Starlight"

Oooh, how did you like The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer?

message 8: by Lance (new)

Lance I am 40 pages from the end of Cinder. I slacked off and played video games my two days off. Lol

message 9: by Kaojoua (new)

Kaojoua (juniebooks) I finished Blood of Olympus (finally)! And I started reading a bit of Radiant by Christina Daley and Without a summer by Mary Robinette Kowal. So I didn't get as much done as I wanted, but it feels good to finish a book.

message 10: by Kristian (new)

Kristian (anerdwithcaffeine) | 4 comments I'm currently on around page 120 in Cinder (loving it by the way!), so I read about 80 pages today. Not that much, but school has been keeping me pretty busy. All together, I probably read about 200 or so pages the whole 3 days. Not an excessive amount but it definitely helped me get out of my little reading slump. So yay! Success!

message 11: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) I read a total of 104 pages today. Not as much as I would have liked, but good enough. :)

message 12: by Aileen (new)

Aileen I read 245 pages of Isla today, which is pretty good considering I had a bunch of thins to do today. I'll do a full wrapup tomorrow since I'm on my phone and it isn't convenient to do that right now.

Anna (Unquenchable Reads) (unquenchablereads) @Christine I loved it! It was a reread for me because I'm trying to get caught up for Retribution

message 14: by Christine (new)

Christine | 8 comments Anna (Unquenchable Reads) wrote: "@Christine I loved it! It was a reread for me because I'm trying to get caught up for Retribution"

Me too! It's definitely one of my favourite teen series! The second book is even better than the first! :D

Anna (Unquenchable Reads) (unquenchablereads) I can't wait to start it then! :)

message 16: by Jo (new)

Jo Lisa (jolisa) | 12 comments I made a video giving my total number of pages for the Read-A-Thon AND a book review of one of the books that I read. It is a book that I think all of you should give a try. It was fantastic! Check out the video if you are interested..Thanks! I loved being part of the Read-A-Thon and look forward to our next one in December! Thanks to Samantha and Ivy for keeping us going! http://youtu.be/jH8KwcHdSQU

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Agh! I failed