Beta Reader Group discussion

Critique Partners and Swaps > Women's Fiction with Southern Gothic flavors for a swap

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Eliza (new)

Eliza Maxwell Hi everyone,

I have a completed novel (4th, 5th draft...? I've gotten lost in the rewriting abyss) at about 73K that needs fresh eyes after the last round of edits.

The blurb for The Grave Tender:

At ten years old, Bailey Dixon's life was irrevocably thrown off course. Since those few tragic weeks, she's tried to bury her past, but old bones have a way of rising up.

Grown now, with a daughter of her own, Bailey can't hide any longer.

Haunted by a boy who never made it home, a damaged woman who sings in moonlight and dances in flame, and the strange, scarred recluse who watches it all from the shadows of the pines, the time has come for Bailey to answer for her sins.

They say the truth will set you free, but sometimes it extracts a terrible price along the way. Is that a price Bailey's willing to pay?

I'm looking for general impressions. Does it feel light in places, does it need more anywhere, any lingering questions, or parts that don't feel like they work.

I'm available to beta swap anything, though I'm not well versed in Christian fiction. Not that I wouldn't give it a shot, just a heads up.

Thanks so much!
Amber

message 2: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn Kisak | 9 comments Hi Amber,

I'd love to beta swap with you. I have a 95,000 word legal thriller that echoes some of your themes: past sins, facing the truth, paying a price. If you like, we could swap the first couple chapters.

message 3: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen Wheeler (kathleen_h_wheeler) | 5 comments Elizabeth,
If you are still in need of a beta reader, I would be up for a chapter swap with my 80,000-word women's fiction/family saga. Just let me know!