Axis Mundi X discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by J (new)

J I know some of you have traveled quite a bit. My friend and I have just one afternoon and one night in Dublin. Any suggestions?

Servius  Heiner  | 1980 comments Mod
I have been all around the world J but I have not been to Ireland. I can tell you that Rhoades Greece was awesome. I hope to go back for a longer visit someday.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

ask seek

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Go to a pub and ask for Bangers and Mash! It's really good!

message 5: by Tim (last edited Mar 16, 2008 11:57AM) (new)

Tim Depends what ye enjoy and wish to experience.. with time limited I tend to like a tour which takes in as much as possible of the location while learning a bit about the history. One popular way of doing this is on the "1916 Rebellion Walking Tour". The only thing is it is only once a day at 11.30am for a couple of hours. That may be too early fer ye.

Otherwise perhaps the Christ Church Cathedral or St Paddy's Cathedral if ye like architecture. Most people like to visit the Guinness factory. Then of course the Temple Bar area and The Long Hall bar are very popular in the evenings.

message 6: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony J, are you stopping there on the way to somewhere else?

message 7: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Assuming it is similar to the UK, Dublin (being a larger city), will have tour buses. Take an hour to ride one, and note the things you wish to go back and see more closely. That way you see pretty much everything and get the general story, but then go back and really get a good look at the things that interrested you.

message 8: by Paul (new)

Paul Bryant Find a pub with a session going in, in the evening. Can't beat that. Don't forget to check out the floozy in the jacuzzi too.

message 9: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Oh, and find out if there is a "ghost walk" the night you are there...that was such fun in York!

message 10: by J (new)

J Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

We have a long layover on our way home from Scotland. I've been to Ireland twice before but saw nothing of Dublin. The one time I flew in there we were meeting friends for dinner on the west coast. So all I saw was the map in front of my face.

I wish we'd be there early enough to catch the Rebellion Walking Tour. We're both interested in history and architecture. And music. I wrote down the names of a couple pubs in the Temple Bar area but lost the scrap of paper. A pub with a session is a must!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.