Goodreads Choice Awards Book Club discussion

Archive > Audiobooks on a great deal!

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) | 8 comments Audible.com is having a great audiobooks deal. 158 books are on sale for $6.95/each. The sale ends Halloween evening.

GCAC-2014 books on the list:
NOS4A2 by Joe Hill Night Film by Marisha Pessl The Shining Girls by Lauren Beukes

The entire list can be found here: http://www.audible.com/mt/Thrills-and...

message 3: by Alycia (new)

Alycia (bookhound18) | 814 comments I got Battle Royale by Koushun Takami from that sale...there's a few more I'm thinking about still.

message 4: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Kristie | 5881 comments Mod
I have 9 books in my cart that I'm interested in and I've been trying to narrow it down. Even at 6.95, nine books gets a little costly. I'm looking at:

Dorothy Must Die (Dorothy Must Die, #1) by Danielle Paige The Winter People by Jennifer McMahon Horns by Joe Hill Night Film by Marisha Pessl NOS4A2 by Joe Hill Pride and Prejudice and Zombies Dawn of the Dreadfuls by Steve Hockensmith The Restorer (Graveyard Queen, #1) by Amanda Stevens A Tale Dark & Grimm (A Tale Dark & Grimm, #1) by Adam Gidwitz Everlost (Skinjacker, #1) by Neal Shusterman

message 5: by Nick (new)

Nick (fire69) | 150 comments Kristie,

I rated both The Winter People and Night Film 5 stars.

I just finished Horns and gave it 3 stars. I have NOS4A2 on my shelf but haven't gotten to it yet. Hope that helps.

message 6: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) | 8 comments Kristie wrote: "I have 9 books in my cart that I'm interested in and I've been trying to narrow it down. Even at 6.95, nine books gets a little costly. I'm looking at:

Dorothy Must Die (Dorothy Must Die, #1) by Danielle Paige [book..."

LOL! I always have that problem with their sales. I usually limit myself to $20 for each sale. I'm "lucky" this time in that I don't have ANY money to spend 'til the first Tuesday of the month. Even then, it's getting to be that time of year where I have to budget for Christmas.

What with 2 brothers, 1 sister, a niece (and her boyfriend), and a pregnant sister-in-law... and all that on a fixed income... it can get pretty nasty on my bank account.

message 7: by Anima (new)

Anima Miejska | 1698 comments I read NOS4A2 and I really liked it. I rated The Restorer three stars, somehow I didn't like it, or didn't get into it. Others are in a range of my interests, but I haven't got time to get to them yet.

message 8: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Kristie | 5881 comments Mod
Nick - Thanks for the recommendations! I'm leaning towards The Winter People and Night Film. I've heard good things about them.

Kirsten - I completely understand. That's why I haven't ordered. I'm trying to limit myself. I've been spending way too much on Audible lately.

Anima - Thanks for your thoughts. Someone recently said that they liked the audio of The Restorer better than the book. I'm curious about that one.

message 9: by Anima (new)

Anima Miejska | 1698 comments That may be the true. If performed well, it will definitely add to the story line, which isn't bad, but is not excellent ;)