All About YA discussion

Books > Book Suggestions

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Audryaunna (new)

Audryaunna | 119 comments I have no clue if I am posting this in the correct section or not, so if I am in the wrong section please let me know. I am looking for books. So please suggest any books or series. I looking to broaden by reading comfort zone. Thank you in advance.

message 2: by Nicola (new)

Nicola Dorrington (nsdorrington) | 42 comments What kind of thing do you like to read?

message 3: by Tommy (new)

Tommy Hancock (tommyhancock) | 318 comments Here are some book ones from series I've enjoyed a lot(or enjoyed as far in as I've gotten, anyway):

Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1) by Marissa Meyer
Under the Never Sky (Under the Never Sky, #1) by Veronica Rossi
The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater
The Vengekeep Prophecies by Brian Farrey
The Journal of Curious Letters (The 13th Reality, #1) by James Dashner (just finished it. Really cool))

That's all off the top of my head, I'm sure I'll think of more and come back later.

message 4: by Jess (new)

Jess The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden, #1) by Julie Kagawa Also Known As (Also Known As, #1) by Robin Benway Virals (Virals, #1) by Kathy Reichs Dark Visions (Dark Visions, #1-3) by L.J. Smith When Lightning Strikes (1-800-Where-R-You, #1) by Meg Cabot The Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1) by Julie Kagawa

Books I thought were very good.

message 5: by Erin Lynn (new)

Erin Lynn | 2727 comments Mod
I don't know what you've read, but I'll add some of my recent reads and favorites.

Delirium (Delirium, #1) by Lauren Oliver Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1) by Marissa Meyer Panic by Lauren Oliver The 5th Wave (The Fifth Wave, #1) by Rick Yancey Damsel Distressed by Kelsey Macke It's Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky

message 6: by Audryaunna (new)

Audryaunna | 119 comments Nicola wrote: "What kind of thing do you like to read?"

I mostly stick to YA Contemporay. I have read the Hunger Games, did not them. I loved Divergent Series. I like about anything. I really like John Green, and David Levinthan. So my comy zone is limited.

message 7: by Audryaunna (new)

Audryaunna | 119 comments Jess♥ wrote: "The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden, #1) by Julie Kagawa Also Known As (Also Known As, #1) by Robin Benway Virals (Virals, #1) by Kathy Reichs Dark Visions (Dark Visions, #1-3) by L.J. Smith When Lightning Strikes (1-800-Where-R-You, #1) by Meg Cabot [bookcover:The Iron ..."
Oh Erin and your The Fifth Wave. LOL That has been on my to read shelf for like ever. Maybe I just need to pick it up and read it.

message 8: by Erin Lynn (new)

Audryaunna wrote: "Jess♥ wrote: "The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden, #1) by Julie Kagawa Also Known As (Also Known As, #1) by Robin Benway Virals (Virals, #1) by Kathy Reichs Dark Visions (Dark Visions, #1-3) by L.J. Smith When Lightning Strikes (1-800-Where-R-You, #1) by Meg Cabot [bookc..."

It's our November BOTM. lol

message 9: by Audryaunna (new)

Audryaunna | 119 comments LOL. Well I better get to reading it. Thank you Erin

message 10: by Erin Lynn (new)

Audryaunna wrote: "LOL. Well I better get to reading it. Thank you Erin"

Haha. No problem. :)

I hope you find that some of the suggestions that everyone left will help you in your search to find new books! :)

message 11: by Audryaunna (new)

Audryaunna | 119 comments They have, and now my to read shelf is full. :)

message 12: by Nicholette (new)

Nicholette Campbell (lovingmylife-goodreadscom) | 8 comments You may or may not like my book, it's a little dark for YA but the story is powerful and emotional.
If you get a chance, take a look.

Thanks,
Nicholette

Soul Chaser Volume #1 by Nicholette Campbell

message 13: by Kate (new)

Kate (kaitlins16) Loop (Loop #1) by Karen Akins is a really good YA time travel book.

message 14: by Kay (new)

Kay Causer (kaycauser) | 14 comments Audryaunna wrote: "They have, and now my to read shelf is full. :)"
That's great. I'm glad you found so much. Come back next time you need some more recs. Ii'm sure I can think of a few ;-)

message 15: by Ashton (new)

Ashton Borden One of my favorite books of all time is Fat Cat by Robin Brande. It's about a girl named Cat who takes on a science project that will transform her life and body. There's romance, self-discovery, and friendship. It's very interesting and I had a lot of fun reading it. It makes you feel inspired to be healthier for sure!

message 16: by C.E. (new)

C.E. Self | 2 comments If I may do a little shameless self promotion, I am letting everyone know that the first book of my Finding the Sky series has now been published for Kindle and is also available in print from Amazon.
In the book, an American high school senior travels to Japan for his final year of high school. Seeking a quiet place to work through some of his problems, he encounters girls anxious to get to know him, and others who want nothing more than for him to leave. As his days grow into the ones he wasn't expecting, he only has one question to answer. Was coming to Japan a terrible mistake?

These Violent Delights (Robin) | 1221 comments Mod
Definitely try Tiger's Curse (The Tiger Saga, #1) by Colleen Houck Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) by Sarah J. Maas Raised by Wolves (Raised by Wolves, #1) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes Wildefire (Wildefire, #1) by Karsten Knight Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1) by Marissa Meyer Nightshade (Nightshade, #1) by Andrea Cremer

message 18: by Merrill (new)

Merrill | 1 comments hi, I was wondering if you guys could Suggestions any YA book that has zombies. I read warm bodies and it's my top 10 favorites books. pleas and thank you

-mimi

message 19: by Karleigh (new)

Karleigh (karleighreads) | 62 comments I'm not sure if this belongs here but I'm looking for some advice. I keep hearing about Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell and I'm kind of interested in it but I hate contemporary books, if that's the case will this book end up being not interesting to me or do you suggest I pick it up?

message 20: by Karleigh (new)

Karleigh (karleighreads) | 62 comments Merrill wrote: "hi, I was wondering if you guys could Suggestions any YA book that has zombies. I read warm bodies and it's my top 10 favorites books. pleas and thank you

-mimi"

Try
This is Not a Test (This is Not a Test #1) by Courtney Summers Zom-B Underground (Zom-B, #2) by Darren Shan

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Anyone know of any good ya vampire books? I've already read Immortal Rules, Twilight, some of Vampire Academy (I do need to read this series) and I have House of Night novels but haven't read them yet.

message 22: by Erin Lynn (new)

Karleigh at wrote: "I'm not sure if this belongs here but I'm looking for some advice. I keep hearing about Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell and I'm kind of interested in it but I hate contemporary books, if that's the ca..."

Hmmm... it's definitely contemporary, but the main character loves all things fantasy and is obsessed with a book series similar to Harry Potter.

It's definitely not my favorite contemporary, but mostly because Cath reminded me too much of myself. I criticized myself so much after reading it.

The characters are older, like first year of college, so if you like books about older teens/college aged kids, I'd give it a try. I'd just borrow it in case you end up hating it.

message 23: by Erin Lynn (new)

Ash wrote: "Anyone know of any good ya vampire books? I've already read Immortal Rules, Twilight, some of Vampire Academy (I do need to read this series) and I have House of Night novels but haven't read them ..."

I don't read books about vampires, but I've heard about the Blue Bloods series.

I also found a list that might help you make your choice. :)

https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/1...

message 24: by Erin Lynn (new)

Merrill wrote: "hi, I was wondering if you guys could Suggestions any YA book that has zombies. I read warm bodies and it's my top 10 favorites books. pleas and thank you

-mimi"

Zombies are another kind of book I haven't gotten into, but I found this list that might help you. It has over 200 books.

https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/5...

message 25: by Shelby (last edited Jul 05, 2015 07:05AM) (new)

Shelby | 8 comments Here are some books I have really enjoyed and recommend:

Something Witchy This Way Comes (Something Witchy, #1) by Veronica Blade Captured (The Captive, #1) by Erica Stevens Prince of Wolves (The Grey Wolves, #1) by Quinn Loftis White Hot Kiss (The Dark Elements, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Tall, Dark & Lonely (Pyte/Sentinel, #1) by R.L. Mathewson My Wolf's Bane (Shapes of Autumn, #1) by Veronica Blade Half-Blood (Covenant, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1) by Susan Ee Lovely Vicious (Lovely Vicious, #1) by Sara Wolf The Boy Who Sneaks in My Bedroom Window by Kirsty Moseley Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful, #1) by Jamie McGuire Bound (The Crystor, #1) by C.K. Bryant

I hope you find something you like!

These Violent Delights (Robin) | 1221 comments Mod
Karleigh.Reads wrote: "I'm not sure if this belongs here but I'm looking for some advice. I keep hearing about Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell and I'm kind of interested in it but I hate contemporary books, if that's the ca..."

Karleigh, I don't read contemporary too. Every contemporary book I've tried to read (If I Stay, Fangirl, Eleanor & Park, etc.) I've tried to like but I hated (contemporary lovers, please don't hate me! Sorry!).