What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. western romance, hero got shot

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bettina (new)

Bettina | 8 comments Hello,

i am looking for a book i´ve read about 2 or 3 years ago, i am not sure when the book was published, so it could be a bit older or not.
I think the story began with the hero (a lawman, marshal or bounty hunter or something) is cought up in something and wants to leave the town with the heroine without much fuss, he thinks it is critical that the leave without further notice. While leaving (on foot or horseback i don´t know) the hero gets shot (1 or mulptiple times) but he doesn´t let it stop him as he wants to get to safety.
The the story really begins but i can´t remember much more, just the beginning a bit. I think they hide first because of his wounds and then the want to catch somebody?

I think the story plays in the past, in the wild west, there´s probably a saloon mentioned.

I hope somebody knows that book and please do not mind my terrible english as i am german.

greetings

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32045 comments Mod
Bettina, here are a few guesses.

The Touch of Fire by Linda Howard? A man wounded by a bounty hunter makes a female doctor escape with him into the Arizona mountains.

A Place Called Harmony by Jodi Thomas? One Amazon reviewer says an ex-Texas Ranger leaves town to escape his abusive father, and takes his neighbour's daughter as a bride.

Chasing Rainbows by Victoria Lynne? A female bandit it about to the hanged, but is rescued by a stranger and they ride out of town.

message 3: by Bettina (new)

Bettina | 8 comments hello,
unfortunately not :-(, but thank you kris for your effort.
i hope somebody else has some ideas

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37536 comments Mod
Bettina, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 5: by Bobbi (new)

Bobbi (blafferty) | 76 comments This sounds a lot like The Hard Pursued by Norman A. Fox. Goodreads doesn't have a description. The main character is named Ry Buckner.

message 6: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32045 comments Mod
The Hard Pursued by Norman A. Fox - Bobbi's suggestion

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37536 comments Mod
Lobstergirl wrote: "Bettina, are you still looking for this or did you find it?"

No response in 2 years. Moving to Abandoned.