I love Alpha Male books club discussion

All about our books > Recommend your favorite protective alpha male book to me!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 72 (72 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Oct 26, 2014 01:17AM) (new)

So next week when I get paid I am going to go on a book rampage for my new kindle. I already have a few books lined up I need to buy, but recently I have really been in the mood for some protective alphas. I don't mean just generic protective nature, I think most alphas have that. I am talking about a relationship and plot based around their protective instincts. I have read just about all of Julie Garwood's books, and absolutely loved them. I have also loved J.R. Ward.

If you have one that includes a strong D/s element too I would adore that.

So come on, what are your favorites? Make me a happy reader!

message 2: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 165 comments Melly wrote: "So next week when I get paid I am going to go on a book rampage for my new kindle. I already have a few books lined up I need to buy, but recently I have really been in the mood for some protective..."

I always recommend Kristen Ashley books...can never go wrong w/ her..

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I will get one of her books, thanks!

message 4: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 165 comments Melly wrote: "I will get one of her books, thanks!"

The Will (Magdalene, #1) by Kristen Ashley

Play It Safe by Kristen Ashley

message 5: by Sivutha (new)

Sivutha (sivy) | 133 comments Ruth wrote: "Melly wrote: "So next week when I get paid I am going to go on a book rampage for my new kindle. I already have a few books lined up I need to buy, but recently I have really been in the mood for s..."

Def all of Kristen Ashley books. I only have 3 or 4 books left that I haven't read and the rest are all 4.5 to 5 stars read.

message 6: by Lorena (new)

Lorena Tucholke | 22 comments Ruth wrote: "Melly wrote: "So next week when I get paid I am going to go on a book rampage for my new kindle. I already have a few books lined up I need to buy, but recently I have really been in the mood for s..."

This serie is awesome!! You should try it!!
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

message 7: by Mary (new)

Mary | -56 comments Anything Kristin Ashley! Cage (Corps Security, #2) by Harper Sloan and Until Series (Until, #1-4) by Aurora Rose Reynolds all have protective alphas.

message 8: by Wendy (new)

Wendy (wmaresca) I loved the This Man seriesThis Mandefinitely my Alpha Male

message 9: by Sweet Daisey (new)

Sweet Daisey (daisey12) | 14 comments Lynda Chance writes great stories about very protective and possessive alpha males. Rule's Obsession (The House of Rule, #1) by Lynda Chance , Marco's Redemption by Lynda Chance and Pursuit by Lynda Chance are some of my favorites.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Ty for the recommend, Wendy:)
Sweet Daisey - I actually picked up a few Lynda Chance books in the last week based off a recommendation from someone else. Rules Obsession, Rules Property, and Marco's Redemption. I didn't care for the first two, but I liked the third one.

message 11: by Mary (new)

Mary | -56 comments Sweet Daisey wrote: "Lynda Chance writes great stories about very protective and possessive alpha males. Rule's Obsession (The House of Rule, #1) by Lynda Chance, Marco's Redemption by Lynda Chance and Pursuit by Lynda Chance a..."

LOVE Lynda Chance!

Deanna #Ineedanotherread (onto_the_next) | 15 comments Raw by Belle Aurora is a must, but be prepared for a major hangover.

message 13: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | -17 comments Katy Evans Real (Real, #1) by Katy Evans and Mine (Real, #2) by Katy Evans Remy (Real, #3) by Katy Evans or This Man (This Man, #1) by Jodi Ellen Malpas was great.. these are two of my favorites

message 14: by Erika (new)

Erika | 12 comments I love the KA alpha's, Harper Sloan's alphas are amazing and I love Remy, but this one alpha has been underestimated. He's amazing More than Meets the Ink (Bowen, #1) by Elle Aycart

message 15: by Julie (last edited Nov 19, 2014 07:24PM) (new)

Julie Raust | 44 comments Not sure if you are interested in anything paranormal, but Laurann Dohner writes about great alpha heroes in her Species series.

This is the first book and it's still my favorite!
Fury (New Species, #1) by Laurann Dohner

Oh and definitely TA Grey's books. Breeding Cycle (The Kategan Alphas, #1) by T.A. Grey is the first in the series.

message 16: by Wendy (new)

Wendy (wmaresca) Right now loving Cameron of The Story of Us (Carnage, #1) by Lesley Jones

message 17: by Lakeasha (new)

Lakeasha | 4 comments Erika wrote: "I love the KA alpha's, Harper Sloan's alphas are amazing and I love Remy, but this one alpha has been underestimated. He's amazing More than Meets the Ink (Bowen, #1) by Elle Aycart"

i must agree w/Erika on this one. That's an awesome series, can't wait to read more from Elle Aycart

message 18: by Mariya (new)

Mariya | 4 comments Hi Please can you suggest other books. I like erotic books with an alpha male multimillionaire or billionaire type guys. Lots of sex but with a story behind it as well. I'm always reading books with the hero that's traumatised but would like one with the heroine traumatised. Oh and I also like the books if they are trilogies and with nice endings like children in there and maybe one book with pregnancy or miscarriage or something.
I have read:
Fifty shades trilogy
Crossfire series
Blacks tone affair
This man series
Promised denied-Jodie series
Up in the air series
Claimed series/release me-stark trilogy
Knights queen , mistress series
Fallen I think it was called a girl called Evelyn scouts
Fuelled driven series
Gabriel inferno
I have most of the harqueline books
Treasure your love
Beauty from pain series
Forever black series-loved it
That's all I can thing of atm
I don't like paranormal ones
And I would prefer if the author has written all the book to the series and also if the trilogy is of the same people not like about different friends in different series ..
Thank you for all of your input in advance x

message 19: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | -17 comments Mariya wrote: "Hi Please can you suggest other books. I like erotic books with an alpha male multimillionaire or billionaire type guys. Lots of sex but with a story behind it as well. I'm always reading books wit..."

have u tried the Knight & Play (Knight, #1) by Kitty French their are several books to it..

message 20: by Mariya (new)

Mariya | 4 comments Yeah I have could you suggest any others

message 21: by Ashlie (new)

Ashlie L (kiknash) | 12 comments Marco's Redemption by Lynda Chance This one was HAWT!! The main guy is Crazy Possessive and I LOVED IT!!!!

message 22: by Ashlie (new)

Ashlie L (kiknash) | 12 comments These books are super good as well. Ate em up over a weekend. Disastrous (Disastrous, #1) by E.L. Montes and Cautious (Disastrous, #2) by E.L. Montes

message 23: by Lenor (last edited Nov 24, 2014 09:16AM) (new)

Lenor | 5 comments Mariya wrote: "Hi Please can you suggest other books. I like erotic books with an alpha male multimillionaire or billionaire type guys. Lots of sex but with a story behind it as well. I'm always reading books wit..."

Hi, did you read the entire series of Up in The air, including Tristan and Danika? Bad Things (Tristan & Danika, #1) by R.K. Lilley Lovely Trigger (Tristan & Danika #3) by R.K. Lilley Rock Bottom (Tristan & Danika, #2) by R.K. Lilley if not, you´ll die to read this one, I just put themo on my fav list!!

message 24: by Mariya (new)

Mariya | 4 comments Oooo I'll give it a try :) any trilogies you can suggest also
No rockstars I prefer ceo alpha males :)

message 25: by Lenor (new)

Lenor | 5 comments Mariya wrote: "Oooo I'll give it a try :) any trilogies you can suggest also
No rockstars I prefer ceo alpha males :)"

OMG you have to read Wherever You Will Go (Try Again, #1) by Stephanie Smith or you can start with sexy fighters, I wasn´t sure either with this ones but they are really good: Real (Real, #1) by Katy Evans Mine (Real, #2) by Katy Evans Remy (Real, #3) by Katy Evans

message 26: by Mariya (new)

Mariya | 4 comments Rchl is Tristan a rock star what is he?

ZARIA (Sheldon Cooper lover) (zaria27) | 6 comments Mariya wrote: "Hi Please can you suggest other books. I like erotic books with an alpha male multimillionaire or billionaire type guys. Lots of sex but with a story behind it as well. I'm always reading books wit..."
oldie but goodies
Black Ice (Ice, #1) by Anne Stuart
Cold As Ice (Ice, #2) by Anne Stuart
Ice Blue (Ice, #3) by Anne Stuart
Ice Storm (Ice, #4) by Anne Stuart
On Thin Ice (Ice, #6) by Anne Stuart
Into the Fire by Anne Stuart Nightfall by Anne Stuart
Ritual Sins by Anne Stuart
Moonrise by Anne Stuart

Stuart's heroes are pure gamma male, an anti hero that you love and hate at the same time. Suspenseful, though not super dark. I love it....

message 28: by Natasha (new)

Natasha | 41 comments just finished Road to Desire by Piper Davenport... i am sure you will love it

message 29: by Steph (new)

Steph (sparklestoo) | 12 comments Lorena wrote: "Ruth wrote: "Melly wrote: "So next week when I get paid I am going to go on a book rampage for my new kindle. I already have a few books lined up I need to buy, but recently I have really been in t..."

Love this series as well. ;)

message 30: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | -17 comments Just finished Shade's Fall (The Last Riders, #4) by Jamie Begley of the last riders and it was great he is one protective alpha male..

message 31: by McGee Magoo (new)

McGee Magoo All of Roxie Rivera's books have very protective, Alpha-type heroes

message 32: by Bee'sBooks (new)

Bee'sBooks | 14 comments Definitely the boys from the Russian Protector Series from Roxie Rivera, actually all of her books have an Alpha-Male theme and some D/s/Bondage themes in the book Dimitri.

The Beast Boxed Set http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I... by Jaden Wilkes. which for a super limited time is 99 cents on Amazon for all three books is good. So, jump on it the author said deal is for a limited time as, I stated and won't happen again.

I don't know if anyone likes Alpha males in paranormal romance, but Blood Avenged by Gabrielle Bissethttp://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I... is pretty good and it is still free I believe on Amazon.

Fugitives MChttp://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I... by Daphne Loveling is free right now at Amazon.

message 33: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lc93tjmsncom) | 4 comments Melly wrote: "I will get one of her books, thanks!"

I agree with Ruth can't go wrong with KA her best ones are the Rock Chicks very cool Alphs. Happy reading

message 34: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lc93tjmsncom) | 4 comments Mariya wrote: "Hi Please can you suggest other books. I like erotic books with an alpha male multimillionaire or billionaire type guys. Lots of sex but with a story behind it as well. I'm always reading books wit..."

Hi Mariya, Some of my favorite Alpha male books are: Masters and Mercenaries, men with military training and Doms lots of danger and submission. Men in Blue, put the cuffs on and take me away ;). and Riding the Line, Men on motorcycles need I say more. Hope this helps.

message 35: by Peacock (new)

Peacock | 14 comments I'm a huge fan of Julie Ann Walker. Ex- military and motorcycles. I find her books captivating. Hawt!

message 36: by Steph (new)

Steph (sparklestoo) | 12 comments Cara wrote: "I'm a huge fan of Julie Ann Walker. Ex- military and motorcycles. I find her books captivating. Hawt!"

I so love theses books. Thanks for the heads up about the new one.

message 37: by Sanja (new)

Sanja (nanavk) | 44 comments Two words..Kristen Ashley!!!! Her alpha guys are one of the kind!

message 38: by Steph (last edited Dec 04, 2014 10:42PM) (new)

Steph (sparklestoo) | 12 comments Mary wrote: "Anything Kristin Ashley! Cage (Corps Security, #2) by Harper Sloan and Until Series (Until, #1-4) by Aurora Rose Reynolds all have protective alphas."

thank you for recommending Cage- I have read all the books and WOW love them. A new favourite author to add to the list- Harper Sloan. Harper Sloan

and there is a new one next year about their kids.........can't wait

message 39: by Jan (new)

Jan  (harttoread) | 4 comments Michelle wrote: "Katy Evans Real (Real, #1) by Katy Evans and Mine (Real, #2) by Katy EvansRemy (Real, #3) by Katy Evans or This Man (This Man, #1) by Jodi Ellen Malpas was great.. these are two of my favorites"

I agree with these love them :-)

message 40: by Bee'sBooks (new)

Bee'sBooks | 14 comments Janice wrote: "Michelle wrote: "Katy Evans Real (Real, #1) by Katy Evans and Mine (Real, #2) by Katy EvansRemy (Real, #3) by Katy Evans or This Man (This Man, #1) by Jodi Ellen Malpas was great.. these are two of my favorites"

I agree wit..."

Gotta check these out.

message 41: by Hana ♡ (new)

Hana ♡ (hannadean12) | 1 comments Insufferable Proximity by Z. Stefani has a major OTP swoon worhty POSSESIVE, JELOUS, Alpha Male <3
love love love the hero :)

Insufferable Proximity

message 42: by Hannah (new)

Hannah Gittins | 5 comments Sweet Dreams (Colorado Mountain, #2) by Kristen Ashley
I need say no more!
TATE is the book man for me!

message 43: by Bee'sBooks (new)

Bee'sBooks | 14 comments Hannah wrote: "Sweet Dreams (Colorado Mountain, #2) by Kristen Ashley
I need say no more!
TATE is the book man for me!"

Ooh you have me excited to check it out now. Thanks Hannah!

message 44: by Mags (new)

Mags Timmons | 20 comments Check out my book, Finding Love In New York (Book 1) a hot and steamy contemporary romance with a hot alpha protective male, on sale at 99 cents from the 9th of December but the price increases through to the 16th of December.

http://www.amazon.com/Finding-love-Ne...

message 45: by Hannah (new)

Hannah Gittins | 5 comments Bee'sBooks wrote: "Hannah wrote: "Sweet Dreams (Colorado Mountain, #2) by Kristen Ashley
I need say no more!

Ooh you have me excited to check it out now. Thanks Hannah!"

Sweet Dreams was the best book of KA's I have ever read. It honestly makes me warm inside plus it was the first of her's I came upon and that was me hooked for life. It's my bday on the 14th of December and he is getting me a signed copy for it. (He is got himself the best thank you coming his way :) )
You have to let me know if you liked it or not! :)

message 46: by Bee'sBooks (new)

Bee'sBooks | 14 comments Hannah wrote: "Bee'sBooks wrote: "Hannah wrote: "Sweet Dreams (Colorado Mountain, #2) by Kristen Ashley
I need say no more!

Aww that sounds awesome and Happy Early Birthday!!! I will definitely let you know I just downloaded the series last night.

Sweet Dr..."</i>

<i>Hannah wrote: "Bee'sBooks wrote: "Hannah wrote: "[bookcover:Sweet Dreams

I need say no more!

[book:Sweet Dr..."

message 47: by Bee'sBooks (new)

Bee'sBooks | 14 comments Mags wrote: "Check out my book, Finding Love In New York (Book 1) a hot and steamy contemporary romance with a hot alpha protective male, on sale at 99 cents from the 9th of December but the price increases thr..."

Will do! Good Luck with the book!

message 48: by Mags (new)

Mags Timmons | 20 comments Bee'sBooks wrote: "Mags wrote: "Check out my book, Finding Love In New York (Book 1) a hot and steamy contemporary romance with a hot alpha protective male, on sale at 99 cents from the 9th of December but the price ..."

Thanks

message 49: by Aimee (new)

Aimee Coo | 1 comments try the hacker series of meredith wild :)

message 50: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 26 comments I just finished the Surrender Series, Falling In (The Surrender Trilogy, #1) by Lydia Michaels , Breaking Out (The Surrender Trilogy, #2) by Lydia Michaels and Coming Home (The Surrender Trilogy, #3) by Lydia Michaels . I absolutely love Lucian. He'll forever be on my top 10 list.

« previous 1