NaNoWriMo discussion

NaNoWriMo > Nanowrimo Advice for the first timer

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Any advice for the nanowrimo first timer?

message 2: by Jessika (new)

Jessika (jessika_56) Don't be scared to make mistakes. The whole idea behind Nano is to just get it down on paper (or computer, whatever). If the story isn't going where you want it to go, it's ok! Just get all your ideas down and then edit when November is over.

Oh, and try to stay on top of your daily word count (1667) because I find that if I fall behind, it's very difficult to catch up.

message 3: by Erin (new)

Erin Germain (demiguise) | 7 comments Just keep writing, even if it feels like you aren't getting anywhere. It really does all pull together and make for a finished story.

message 4: by Grace (new)

Grace Anthony (AnthonyBooks) I just heard of Nano and I think it's a great idea...but I do have a few questions. Like is there any particular month where everybody writes a book or is it just whatever month they feel like it? And who started Nano? Oh, and can the book be more or less then 50,000 words?
I'd really appreciate an answer.
Thanks!

message 5: by ella (new)

ella (sprinkycat) | 1 comments Grace wrote: "I just heard of Nano and I think it's a great idea...but I do have a few questions. Like is there any particular month where everybody writes a book or is it just whatever month they feel like it? ..."

Nano takes place within the month of November, though there is also a Camp Nano event (which is basically the same thing, on a smaller scale and you can choose your goal) during April and July (I think). I'm not actually sure who started Nano, but the book should reach at least 50,000 words. However, the book can be less and you can declare yourself a 'Nano rebel' and write two books to reach the 50,000 goal instead.

message 6: by Grace (new)

Grace Anthony (AnthonyBooks) Cool!! I can't wait to start, except now I have to wait until next year :( And I can't wait to meet more Nano authors!