UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

General Chat - anything Goes > Kay's cast signing thread! Let's get her giggling!

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Our lovely Kay has fallen over and broken her wrist. :(

So, I thought it'd be nice for the group to virtually sign her cast with little messages and jokes and such. Laughter is the best medicine, after all.

Feel better, Kay!

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Hmmm.

So I guess I'm the casting director. ;)

message 3: by David (new)

David Manuel | 1147 comments Aw, Kay, don't think of it as a cast. Think of it as a plaster gauntlet that will make all who know you fear your punishing backhand to the chin.

message 4: by B J (new)

B J Burton (bjburton) | 2914 comments "Whenever I'm doing something outrageously erotic my wrist always breaks."

message 5: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25093 comments Oh, BJ - you are a one!
Just let people help you, Kay. With luck, they might get used to it!

xxx

Rosemary (grooving with the Picts) (nosemanny) | 9111 comments "you should see the other guy"

message 7: by D.D. Chant (last edited Oct 26, 2014 02:42AM) (new)

D.D. Chant (DDChant) | 7680 comments "Prescription: one dose of peace and quiet, three doses of pamper and a dose an a half of reading, to be administered hourly."

;-P

message 8: by B J (new)

B J Burton (bjburton) | 2914 comments "Aw, come on - gimme a break!"

Lynne (Tigger's Mum) | 5862 comments Here's a knitting needle for when it itches.XX

message 10: by David (new)

David Staniforth (davidstaniforth) | 7939 comments We don't want anyone casting aspersions.

message 11: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Hill | 1603 comments At least it got you out of that skydiving you had coming up, Kay. ;)

Get well soon x

message 12: by B J (new)

B J Burton (bjburton) | 2914 comments "So I said to the driver, if you don't brake, I will."

message 13: by Richard (new)

Richard Martinus | 646 comments "My other orthosis is a body brace"?

Hope you're soon on the mend, Kay.

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments "This is what happens when you turn over a new leaf??!

message 15: by Tim (new)

Tim | 9478 comments "Gauntlet of Power"

message 16: by Philip (sarah) (new)

Philip (sarah) Willis | 5174 comments " HOPE YOU'RE OH KAY!"

So sorry to hear your news Kay, do take care. Have sent a PM. (HUGS)

Vanessa (aka Dumbo) (vanessaakadumbo) | 8703 comments "I said I needed a Break!"

Hope you're on the mend Kay XX

message 18: by Marc (new)

Marc Nash (sulci) | 7481 comments Wristy business that skydiving

get well soon xx

Kay (Golden Girl) | 2286 comments Thanks folk you all did make me giggle ,very funny ,doing not too bad still painful ,hoping to get a decent cast on when go back to hospital on Friday . super,duper forum this is ,thanks xx

message 20: by Loretta (new)

Loretta (lorettalivingstone) | 461 comments Kay (Golden Girl) wrote: "Thanks folk you all did make me giggle ,very funny ,doing not too bad still painful ,hoping to get a decent cast on when go back to hospital on Friday . super,duper forum this is ,thanks xx"

Will they give you one of those trendy new things? Casts ain't what they used to be from what I hear. They seem to be fancy plastic with holes and stuff, a bit like thick, lacey, solid gloves.

Kay (Golden Girl) | 2286 comments Hi Loretta,haven,t heard of these new casts ,mine is just a normal cast ,only difference you get to chose what colour ,mine is purple .It is 2weeks tomorrow since I did it ,but feel hit digging into my wrist and thumb in certain places ,can't wait for the next few weeks to pass and can have it off x

message 22: by Loretta (new)

Loretta (lorettalivingstone) | 461 comments Kay (Golden Girl) wrote: "Hi Loretta,haven,t heard of these new casts ,mine is just a normal cast ,only difference you get to chose what colour ,mine is purple .It is 2weeks tomorrow since I did it ,but feel hit digging int..."

Ouch. Sounds very uncomfy - although I suppose broken wrists aren't particulary designed for comfort. Purple sounds nice though. Hope it heals up soon. I've read about the new ones in magazines and things. Haven't actually seen any around yet though. They look as comfy as you can expect really, but the people who wrote about them also raved about them. x