Fans of Interracial Romance discussion

Color Blind
This topic is about Color Blind
Book of the Month Archive > Nov 2014- Color Blind by Michelle Lindo-Rice

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (last edited Oct 25, 2014 07:09PM) (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3396 comments Mod
I think this one is only available in ebook format. Here's the synopsis from Goodreads:

"God had to blind him for him to truly see.

An accident has robbed Saul Sweeterman of his sight. Angry at the world, Aniyah ‘Annie’ Hays is the only person who can reach him. Her voice draws him like a siren. Saul falls for Annie hard and fast, not knowing that she’s of a different race.

As a physical therapist, Annie prides herself on her professionalism. But one glance into Saul’s deep blue eyes and she’s a goner. She’s falling in love and loving it, until she learns Saul opposes interracial relationships.

Since her heart refuses to cooperate, Annie wonders, Will Saul reject her because of the color of her skin? Loosely based on the story of Saul and the prophet Ananias, Color Blind promises to answer the question, Can you tell your heart who to love?

**** Sweet, Slight sizzle. Christian fiction read."

message 2: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Jackson (paperbackdiva) | 335 comments It looks good. Amazon is selling a print copy.

Meka♥books (book143er) | 403 comments Color Blind is available for Kindle users by Amazon. The price is $2.99. See the below link:

http://www.amazon.com/Michelle-Lindo-...

message 4: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3396 comments Mod
Thanks Andrea and Meka!

message 5: by Britni (new)

Britni Danielle (britnidanielle) | 18 comments I've been seeing this book around a lot. I'll definitely check it out!

Bibliophilic (thelovelybibliophilic) | 69 comments This book has been on my wishlist for a few months. So I'm in.

A.W. I enjoyed this book very much. Although it is a story based on Christian values and beliefs anyone can relate to it. I love to read stories that are well written about people who has one way of thinking and living their life and then Love creeps in and changes everything. Saul losing his sight taught him the true lesson of Love something he would have never learned if he had still been able to see.

Meka♥books (book143er) | 403 comments Totally agree with you A-W. I love stories where the heart wins in the end. The Christian element was done well and just enough. Saul's viewpoint then change kept the story interesting for me.

Kandyce (kaydgee73) | 6 comments I love a good romance book but the writing for me was juvenile and the characters were underdeveloped. The dialogue was not written as one would speak, but how someone would write so it made it kind of corny and unrealistic. The story line is written to follow Christian principles which I like, but it doesn't mean that the story line should be dumbed down and overly preachy which this story is in my opinion.

message 10: by Sue (new) - added it

Sue | 4 comments I am part way through the novel and am quite enjoying it. I like the premise of the story. I am wondering how bad Saul's reaction is going to be once he finds out that Annie is a non white person.

message 11: by A.W. (new) - rated it 4 stars

A.W. Sue I really enjoyed it. I actually read it a second time.

message 12: by Connie (last edited Nov 20, 2014 02:59PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Connie | 761 comments I enjoyed the story for the most part myself. I didn't care for the ending (not there was anything wrong with it, in and of itself) I just think it would have been more interesting if (view spoiler)

message 13: by Sue (last edited Nov 25, 2014 09:32AM) (new) - added it

Sue | 4 comments I have finished the novel and rated it 3 stars because I was entertained, touched by the premise of the storyline and the story itself.

Someone mentioned that the writing appeared juvenile and I can see what they mean. When I was in secondary school, we were asked to write a story based on the 'Good Samaritain' principle. Others in my class obviously understood what the teacher wanted and wrote about an unexpected source giving help and assistance. Where as I brought the story up-to-date having someone knocked down by a car, a nurse and doctor pass by but don't really offer that much assistance has they have other things on their minds exams, start of shifts etc and in my case the tattooed, bearded, leather-up pierced, motorcycled biker guy offers the most assistance!