Forever Young Adult Book Club - Columbus, Ohio discussion

The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Monthly Meetings > November and December

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Brooke | 86 comments Mod
Just starting a topic for November - the book is The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender by Leslye Walton. I'd like to keep us far away from Thanksgiving week and focus possible meeting dates in the 2nd week or early 3rd week of the month. I'll set up a Doodle poll in a bit, but please let us know if you have a preference for which of the 2 weeks we pick!

Lori (loriwritingmyownfairytale) | 26 comments Mod
Thanks for getting this started! November is a really busy month for us, but I'm sure that's true for most people. I'd prefer the second week but could do early in the third week as well. Thanks

Lindsay Collett November ismy busiest time at work, so I'll have to skip. :(

message 4: by Janelle (new)

Janelle Fila (janellefila) | 13 comments I will be at school from the 14th-23rd. Even if you had the meeting prior to the 14th, I don't think that leaves me enough time to read the book...with all the last minute school reading I have to get done! AHHH!!! I promise to get to one of these meetings...one of these days???

Brooke | 86 comments Mod
Lori had a great idea tonight - since November and December are hectic times of the year, what would everyone think of doing a combined Nov/Dec meeting at the beginning of December? If you only had time to get to one of the books, that's fine, or if you were able to read both, that's fine too. Or if you just wanted to come socialize, Lori and Rachel have been awesome to spend time with!

message 6: by Janelle (new)

Janelle Fila (janellefila) | 13 comments I like that idea! Even if I don't have time to read the books, I promise to come socialize! If I could just get one of the books to count as school credit...

Lindsay Collett I like the combo November/December plan!

Brooke | 86 comments Mod
Awesome! Does the first week of December work for everyone, or would pushing it to the 2nd week work better? I'm inclined to say the earlier the better, but let me know.

Lindsay Collett Right now, my evening calendar is open either week!

Brooke | 86 comments Mod
Alrighty, here's the Doodle link to indicate the days you'd prefer having the meeting. If something that isn't an option works better, just comment in this thread!

http://doodle.com/bqt6fyzqxm4vhqni

Brooke | 86 comments Mod
I just used an all-group message for the first time, hopefully that worked! I will leave the Doodle poll open until the end of Sunday, and then pick the date we are all available for.

message 12: by Melissa (new) - added it

Melissa Adams-Hunt Hello everyone I'm new to the group so I'm playing catch up... I just started the November book...what is our December book? I should be able to make the Nov/dec meeting as long as it's not on a Tuesday... I can't wait to meet everyone

Brooke | 86 comments Mod
Hi, Melissa! The December book is Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins. A list of the upcoming books through April is available here:

http://foreveryoungadult.com/fya-book...

And on our group bookshelves:

https://www.goodreads.com/group/books...

Based on the Doodle poll, as well as Melissa's response, it appears that Sunday, December 7 works best for everyone.

Brooke | 86 comments Mod
Hopefully we'll see you all tonight! Here's one last link for the event listing, with the address and time.

https://www.goodreads.com/event/show/...

message 15: by Melissa (last edited Dec 09, 2014 05:31AM) (new) - added it

Melissa Adams-Hunt I have to cancel coming tonight ladies my daughter has been sick all weekend... and I am physically and mentally drained...I hate not being able to make her feel better. I can't wait to meet everyone in the New Year =)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.