What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Sorcery Rising (Fool's Gold, #1)
This topic is about Sorcery Rising
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Fantasy - possibly young adult. Redhead female lead, climbs sacred rock [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Louise (new)

Louise Drury | 3 comments Hey, I've been going out of my mind trying to remember the name of this book.

The parts I remember: There is an old man, possibly a sorcerer, who is keeping a young, beautiful woman captive. She is so beautiful that any man who lays eyes on her falls in love.

The main character is a red head woman/young adult, and she makes swords and daggers. She loves climing, and is part of some travelling market thing. I believe her father is in charge of it. The place they are in has a sacred rock, which she climbs, and is caught.
As the rock is sacred, and she is a woman, the natives of the land are looking for her to put her to death. She befriends a native boy/young man.

She also knows the leader of I think a performing troupe, and has relations with him, but I'm not sure where in the timeline. I remember that they were both on a ship together at one point that sinks.

I'm sorry to say that I can't remember when I might have read this, or even what prompted me to remember it. I want to say that it's part of a trilogy, but again I'm not so sure.

Many cookies for the person who can help me out with this!

Louise

message 2: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4839 comments how many years ago did you read this?
anything about the cover?

message 3: by Louise (new)

Louise Drury | 3 comments Hey. I'm not sure when I read this. I'm guessing around 5-7 years.
I can't remember anything about the cover unfortunately

Aerulan | 1180 comments Maybe Sorcery Rising by Jude Fisher?

message 5: by Louise (new)

Louise Drury | 3 comments Oh my god that's it! Thank you so much! Days of searching, then then I post on this forum and get an answer within a day!

Aerulan | 1180 comments Louise wrote: "Oh my god that's it! Thank you so much! Days of searching, then then I post on this forum and get an answer within a day!"

You're very welcome! I'm glad it was the right book. :)

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37538 comments Mod
Ann definitely has to read this now as it's been requested four times.