Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Ugly Love
This topic is about Ugly Love
Previous BRs - Authors; E - H > Hoover, Colleen- Ugly Love: Relaxed Buddy Read; Start date November 15, 2014

Comments Showing 1-50 of 128 (128 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 30933 comments Mod
This topic is open for discussion about Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover.

Book Synopsis:
When Tate Collins meets airline pilot Miles Archer, she knows it isn’t love at first sight. They wouldn’t even go so far as to consider themselves friends. The only thing Tate and Miles have in common is an undeniable mutual attraction. Once their desires are out in the open, they realize they have the perfect set-up. He doesn’t want love, she doesn’t have time for love, so that just leaves the sex. Their arrangement could be surprisingly seamless, as long as Tate can stick to the only two rules Miles has for her.

Never ask about the past.
Don’t expect a future.

They think they can handle it, but realize almost immediately they can’t handle it at all.

Hearts get infiltrated.
Promises get broken.
Rules get shattered.
Love gets ugly.

message 2: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Reserved

message 3: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Reserved

Ezinwanyi Chinyere So excited, I downloaded Ugly Love...I dont know if I can wait for November to read this one.

Beth  (jasonverlander) | 1490 comments I know! I got it for my birthday last month and about three times a week I go to my bookshelf just to look at it and hold it. And now I have to wait until November to read it!? I feel like I'm abandoning it.

Have you read anything else by her? What are your favourites?

Sophie (thebookmermaid) I'll be doing this! I read Slammed and Maybe Someday by her so far and i've loved both of those so I'm sure this is gonna be awesome as well! November 15th will be fun!

Stacie (cowmingo) | 4769 comments Should I? Hmmmm

Ezinwanyi Chinyere Beth (Ducky) wrote: "I know! I got it for my birthday last month and about three times a week I go to my bookshelf just to look at it and hold it. And now I have to wait until November to read it!? I feel like I'm aban..."

I have read everything by her that has come out already. My favorite was Losing Hope (Hopeless, #2) by Colleen Hoover . Now I normally hate those POV sequels, but this one was way better than book 1 and didn't rehash stuff.

But I haven't read anything by her that wasn't top quality!

Beth  (jasonverlander) | 1490 comments I loved Maybe Someday so much that I read it twice in one month and I own it on my Kindle and a physical copy. I've read everything by her and she's a definite auto-buy author for me. Love her!

Ezinwanyi Chinyere Beth (Ducky) wrote: "I loved Maybe Someday so much that I read it twice in one month and I own it on my Kindle and a physical copy. I've read everything by her and she's a definite auto-buy author for me. Love her!"

She's coming to dallas next week, I have all her books on audio and ebooks, but I will need a physical copy for her to sign

Sophie (thebookmermaid) Beth (Ducky) wrote: "I loved Maybe Someday so much that I read it twice in one month and I own it on my Kindle and a physical copy. I've read everything by her and she's a definite auto-buy author for me. Love her!"

she's becoming an auto-buy for me and I have so many books to buy from her. the not being extremely rich life sucks

Beth  (jasonverlander) | 1490 comments Ezinwanyi~the Troublemaker wrote: "Beth (Ducky) wrote: "I loved Maybe Someday so much that I read it twice in one month and I own it on my Kindle and a physical copy. I've read everything by her and she's a definite auto-buy author ..."

I hope she comes to Michigan one of these days. Would love to meet her

Skandia (sfgirl) | 1724 comments First of all I like her writing. It's very very good and sometimes a little lyrical, which I adore.

My favorite is Slammed and I must say I didn't care much about Hopeless . I thought it was so over the top all sorts of drama crammed into one book.

I don't usually read the books where the same story is told from the different POV. It has become somewhat a trend in NA literature lately and I just don't see the point to read the same story written a little differently all over again. I'm not very big on re-reads in general. There are too many new and fresh stories to read ...

I'll look forward to reading Ugly Love. All my friends that read NA have loved it! So, the great expectations and anticipation - book, you better not let me down!

Ezinwanyi Chinyere @Skandia, that's exactly my point. Losing Hope wasn't a retelling of Hopeless. It was Holden's story but not a rehash. It was much better than Hopeless.

Ezinwanyi Chinyere Ummm, don't know if I can wait until 11/15 :D

message 16: by ✿~Danielle~✿ (last edited Oct 30, 2014 01:05PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

✿~Danielle~✿ (dmh1) | 4308 comments Ezinwanyi~the Troublemaker wrote: "Ummm, don't know if I can wait until 11/15 :D"

If you're really wanting to read now...well then, don't wait

Skandia (sfgirl) | 1724 comments Ezinwanyi~the Troublemaker wrote: "Ummm, don't know if I can wait until 11/15 :D"

Yes, Ezi, you can! You have tons of other books to read before :P

Ezinwanyi Chinyere Skandia wrote: "Ezinwanyi~the Troublemaker wrote: "Ummm, don't know if I can wait until 11/15 :D"

Yes, Ezi, you can! You have tons of other books to read before :P"

stop peaking at my starter plan :D
Colleen Hoover is coming to Dallas on 12/6. I have all her books on audio, I may need to go to buy some tree books for her to sign

Tara Bieck | 1259 comments marking this as a maybe for December...I won't be able to join in at the start, but might be able to join a few weeks after.

Renee (reneeconoulty) | 3309 comments I haven't read anything by this author but you guys have me all excited. I put on a request at my library and they are going to buy it for me. Will join in when they get it.

message 21: by Kristie (new) - added it

Kristie | 3231 comments This is another one that I really want to read, but don't know if I will get to it in time for the buddy read. There are so many in November and December that I want to join!

Beth  (jasonverlander) | 1490 comments Is everyone starting this today?

Skandia (sfgirl) | 1724 comments I'm finishing the book I'm reading now and Ugly Love is up next. Starting tomorrow, I suppose.
Really looking forward reading it!

Beth  (jasonverlander) | 1490 comments Skandia wrote: "I'm finishing the book I'm reading now and Ugly Love is up next. Starting tomorrow, I suppose.
Really looking forward reading it!"

I was going to do that but I'm so excited to start it that I couldn't wait :D I may just read like 50 pages of it tonight but knowing how I feel about CoHo's books, I may end up reading it in one sitting!

Beth  (jasonverlander) | 1490 comments Up to chapter 8

(view spoiler)

✿~Danielle~✿ (dmh1) | 4308 comments I'm hoping to start today, but I have a book I must read first for SSS. Tomorrow at the latest.

Beth  (jasonverlander) | 1490 comments Up to chapter 27

(view spoiler)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere I think I will start this one tomorrow or Monday

Beth  (jasonverlander) | 1490 comments I can't wait to see your thoughts on it! I loved this one

Ezinwanyi Chinyere Beth (Ducky) wrote: "I can't wait to see your thoughts on it! I loved this one"

Honestly, I love ALL her work

Beth  (jasonverlander) | 1490 comments Just be prepared for her to ruin your life all over again and she's known to do. I love her so much. She's so talented

Ezinwanyi Chinyere Beth (Ducky) wrote: "Just be prepared for her to ruin your life all over again and she's known to do. I love her so much. She's so talented"

I am supposed to go to her book signing on Dec. 6, but my husband's cousin has planned an impromptu wedding (I bet her ass is pregnant) so she is picking Dec. 6 and I am trying so hard to bite my tongue. But she is pissing me off with her quickie event

Beth  (jasonverlander) | 1490 comments Is this a close cousin? Because if not, just fake sick or something and go meet CoHo. Because this is Colleen Hoover we're talking about!!!

Ezinwanyi Chinyere Beth (Ducky) wrote: "Is this a close cousin? Because if not, just fake sick or something and go meet CoHo. Because this is Colleen Hoover we're talking about!!!"

Close cousin. I am not happy about her pending nuptials. She better be pregnant. LOL. Seriously, that's the weekend before my birthday, and a bookclub get together was going to be one of my treats to myself.

Beth  (jasonverlander) | 1490 comments And also WHY get married in December when it's cold and everything has to be held indoors? This sounds like weird planning haha.

Skandia (sfgirl) | 1724 comments I'm starting today! Great expectations and yada, yada ....
I'm so hoping it's not over the top drama. That I don't want right now.

Skandia (sfgirl) | 1724 comments I'm few chapters in and, oh boy, this woman can write! I'm enjoying the Miles chapters very much.

(view spoiler)

So beautiful :)

message 38: by Kari (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kari | 107 comments I'm thinking of starting this book soon. I've never read Colleen Hoover before but I've had her on my TBR for a while. Looks like this story is not connected to any of her previous ones and can work as stand-alone.

Beth  (jasonverlander) | 1490 comments Kari wrote: "I'm thinking of starting this book soon. I've never read Colleen Hoover before but I've had her on my TBR for a while. Looks like this story is not connected to any of her previous ones and can wor..."

Yep, you'll be good. It has no mention of previous books or characters. I hope you like it

Beth  (jasonverlander) | 1490 comments Skandia wrote: "I'm few chapters in and, oh boy, this woman can write! I'm enjoying the Miles chapters very much.

[spoilers removed]

So beautiful :)"

that line made me so sad but it doesn't even compare to how I felt about later parts. Where are you at now?

Skandia (sfgirl) | 1724 comments I'm at chapter 8 now. I hope to get more reading done today.

So far I really like Miles, the silent broody type, yumm, and he hasn't pissed me off yet.
Not sure about Tate yet.

Beth  (jasonverlander) | 1490 comments Skandia wrote: "I'm at chapter 8 now. I hope to get more reading done today.

So far I really like Miles, the silent broody type, yumm, and he hasn't pissed me off yet.
Not sure about Tate yet."

I loved Miles from the beginning. I think he's perfect

✿~Danielle~✿ (dmh1) | 4308 comments This is my first Colleen Hoover book and I've only read the first chapter, but I want to read more.

(view spoiler)

Sonia (darktalynn) | 10180 comments Is it too late to join? :)

*downloading book*

Sonia (darktalynn) | 10180 comments ✼Danielle✼ wrote: "This is my first Colleen Hoover book and I've only read the first chapter, but I want to read more.

[spoilers removed]"

I'm right there with you Danielle. Only chapter one read, and I'm looking at the clock and thinking that lunch hour is over, I need to get back to work but noooooooooo, is Miles's chapter, I want to know more.

Seriously, I have a soft spot for angst and suffering men.

Btw, this is my first Colleen Hoover book. Should I be worried?

Sonia (darktalynn) | 10180 comments *finishes chapter #4*

I'm not sure if I'm liking the changes between Tate's POV and Miles yet. But, at the same time, I think the whole book by Tate's perspective wouldn't be as much interesting. Although I would love to see their interaction by Miles's eyes.

message 47: by Kari (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kari | 107 comments Downloaded and ready to go, arghh, couldn't resist :P!

message 48: by Joi (new) - added it

Joi | 663 comments I am about to start this book right now.

Sophie (thebookmermaid) About to start reading!

message 50: by ✿~Danielle~✿ (last edited Nov 17, 2014 06:29AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

✿~Danielle~✿ (dmh1) | 4308 comments Finished chapter 6

I'm not really liking the changes of POV. I would much prefer if Miles POV was of now, not six years ago.

« previous 1 3