What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

In This Skin
This topic is about In This Skin
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Man & Pregnant Woman living in abandoned theater (horror) [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kelly (new) - added it

Kelly Lawrence | 5 comments The book I'm looking for is about a man and his pregnant girlfriend, they were living in (and renovating, I think) an abandoned theater. It may have been an abandoned hotel, but I'm pretty sure it was a theater. A faceless creature also lived in the theater, and after the woman gave birth it tried to take her baby. I think the story takes place in Chicago. The cover had a faceless creature on it, very Silent Hill-ish.

I may have some details wrong, it's been about 12 or 13 years since I've read it. I'm dying to get my hands on it again. Some one please help!

message 2: by Kelly (new) - added it

Kelly Lawrence | 5 comments I'm sorry, I didn't post in the right place.

message 3: by Holly (new)

message 4: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Kelly--what made your pick up that particular book and read it? Was it recommended to you by a friend? A librarian, was it on the Our Staff Recommends shelf in a bookstore or the library? Did you see a review of it? Or were you in a rush and just grabbed the closest book to hand?

Where did you find the book--bookstore, thrift/charity shop, grocers, drugstore/chemists?

message 5: by Kelly (new) - added it

Kelly Lawrence | 5 comments Holly wrote: "Anything on this list? https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/7..."

Unfortunately, it's not on that list :(.

message 6: by Kelly (new) - added it

Kelly Lawrence | 5 comments Ann aka Iftcan wrote: "Kelly--what made your pick up that particular book and read it? Was it recommended to you by a friend? A librarian, was it on the Our Staff Recommends shelf in a bookstore or the library? Did you s..."

The book was an impulse buy at a grocery store, of all places. I wish it had been recommended by someone, maybe that would have made it easier to find.

message 7: by Kelly (new) - added it

Kelly Lawrence | 5 comments I figured out what the book was! It was In This Skin by Simon Clark. Apparently I was wrong about it being a theater, it was an abandoned dance hall.

message 8: by Sophie (new)

Sophie (notemily) | 478 comments In This Skin for the link.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

In This Skin (other topics)