ᴠ.ᴏ.ʟ.ᴋ.ᴇ. ᴄᴏʀᴘᴏʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴ [ᴀɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴀɴᴄᴇᴅ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏ] discussion

ɪɴᴛᴇʟʟɪɢᴇɴᴄᴇ > sᴜʙʜᴜᴍᴀɴs

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ɪɢɴᴀᴛɪᴜs (last edited Oct 25, 2014 03:22PM) (new)

ɪɢɴᴀᴛɪᴜs (ignatiustheilliterate) | 110 comments Mod
ᴘʀᴇᴛᴇʀɴᴀᴛᴜʀᴀʟʟʏ ɢɪғᴛᴇᴅ ᴘᴇʀsᴏɴs [ᴘ.ɢ.ᴘ.]
ᴛᴏᴛᴀʟ ᴘᴏᴘᴜʟᴀᴛɪᴏɴ: 11. 5 ᴍɪʟʟɪᴏɴ [ᴇsᴛ.]
(view spoiler)

message 2: by dany (new)

dany (elothwen) How many powers do they normally have?

1-3, though I'd prefer if they were somehow related. I'd like not to see a telepath lobbing balls of fire with a spectacular healing factor.

message 4: by dany (new)

dany (elothwen) We should have a claiming thread >.> Or at least some order, so not everyone is a telekinetic or something like that.

I'll set on up in the character creation folder.

message 6: by Drax (new)

Drax RavenKnight (draxhollowknight) What year is it?

2014 with a slight advance on technology.

message 8: by Ross (new)

Ross Bauer (nightlightknight) 11.5 million PGPs? That's a lot! Do normal people know about them? If they're termed subhumans does that mean that they are discriminated against or something? Because most of the time when you have people with abilities they are seen as above human abilities, hence superhuman.

They're common house-hold knowledge. There is a public database of all known subhumans. They're considered a subspecies of humans, hence the coining, though most use it to indicate they're somehow lesser than regular people.

message 10: by Ross (new)

Ross Bauer (nightlightknight) Sorry if it's been asked before, but what it the prevailing attitude towards subhumans? With a public database I would guess that they've all been outed? Though that said, not many people memorise all 11 million of them to know a subhuman when they see one, right?

Sorry, I've been slacking in the information department. NaNoWriMo's been draining my energy. Subhumans are closely monitored by a group called V.O.L.K.E. They are policed by them and are required to submit to regular medical tests by their officials. They only make up 1.15% of the population, so it isn't a difficult thing. Subhumans are given identity cards and are required to live in pre-determined ghettos. If asked, they are required to identify themselves.

It's possible for some rare individuals to slip beneath V.O.L.K.E.'s scope, but these individuals are considered "rogue" for not identifying themselves. Generally, they're tolerated, though there is a great deal of racism towards them.

message 12: by Ross (new)

Ross Bauer (nightlightknight) Ooh thanks, that confirms a few details :) Hope NaNoWriMo is treating you well :) When you say that the subhumans are produced by V.O.L.K.E., do you mean like genetic manipulation? Since they're a pharmaceutical company, do their products trigger some sort of mutation in certain individuals?

I don't remember saying anything about them being produced. Subhumans have been occurring naturally since the 1920s, though V.O.L.K.E. has been playing around with some of their genetics to advance medical technology.

message 14: by Ross (last edited Nov 08, 2014 12:17AM) (new)

Ross Bauer (nightlightknight) Oops sorry, my mistake, misread something. Was there any specific event that triggered to subhumans?

ᴠ.ᴏ.ʟ.ᴋ.ᴇ. ᴄᴏʀᴘᴏʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴ [ᴀɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴀɴᴄᴇᴅ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏ]

unread topics | mark unread