All About YA discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > November Book Hauls

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erin Lynn (new)

Erin Lynn | 2727 comments Mod
This will be the place to show off all the lovely books you buy in November 2014.

message 2: by Danique (last edited Nov 03, 2014 11:32PM) (new)

Danique Story of a Girl by Sara Zarr
The Shock of the Fall by Nathan Filer

I got Story of a Girl by Sara Zarr and The shock of the fall by Nathan Filer. Sara Zarr is such a great author and I loved How to save a life. The shock of the fall sounds really great and the writing-style reminds me of The perks of being a wallflower, which I really loved.

message 3: by Kitty (new)

Kitty I got Angelfall :D soon to get Stone cold touch and Heir of fire :3

message 4: by Erin Lynn (last edited Nov 30, 2014 08:05PM) (new)

From NetGalley:
Coral & Bone by Tiffany Daune

From Blogging for Books:
The Divorce Papers A Novel by Susan Rieger

Purchased from Amazon:
Burn for Burn (Burn for Burn, #1) by Jenny Han Fire with Fire (Burn for Burn, #2) by Jenny Han Ashes to Ashes (Burn for Burn, #3) by Jenny Han

Amazon Kindle:
The Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds, #1) by Alexandra Bracken Into the Light (The Fallen Shadows Book 1) by Rebecca R. Cohen

Amazon Pre-Order:
Zodiac (Zodiac, #1) by Romina Russell

Purchased at Half Price Books:
Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver The List by Siobhan Vivian Winger (Winger, #1) by Andrew Smith The Infinite Moment of Us by Lauren Myracle

Purchased from Target:
Just One Day (Just One Day, #1) by Gayle Forman Just One Year (Just One Day, #2) by Gayle Forman

Thrift Store Finds:
Mad About the Boy (Bridget Jones, #3) by Helen Fielding

Book Outlet:
Burned (Pretty Little Liars, #12) by Sara Shepard Crushed (Pretty Little Liars, #13) by Sara Shepard Deadly (Pretty Little Liars #14) by Sara Shepard Lauren Conrad Beauty by Lauren Conrad This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales Second Star by Alyssa B. Sheinmel Broken Hearts, Fences, and Other Things to Mend (Broken Hearts & Revenge, #1) by Katie Finn Before My Eyes by Caroline Bock

message 5: by Sophie (last edited Nov 21, 2014 06:09AM) (new)

Sophie | 139 comments Angels & Demons (Robert Langdon, #1) by Dan Brown Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson Tess of the d'Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe Frankenstein by Mary Shelley

And...
The Last Rhinos by Lawrence Anthony Flame (Sky Chasers, #3) by Amy Kathleen Ryan

And...
My True Love Gave to Me Twelve Holiday Stories by Stephanie Perkins

message 6: by Erin Lynn (new)

Angie wrote: "The Retribution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #3) by Michelle Hodkin The Distance Between Us by Kasie West Pandemonium (Delirium, #2) by Lauren Oliver Requiem (Delirium, #3) by Lauren Oliver Losing Hope (Hopeless, #2) by Colleen Hoover [bookcove..."

Oh... I love Pandemonium and Requiem. A lot of people complain about the ending of the trilogy, but I really liked it.

message 7: by Erin Lynn (new)

Angie wrote: "Bookoutlet had them on there so I thought I should snatch them up while I could. I got the one and only copy of Pandemonium in paperback. SCORE! LOL"

OMG! So lucky!

message 8: by Erin Lynn (new)

Angie wrote: "Yup! Now I just need to read the series! One thing I hate is there are so many series!!! AHHHH!!!!! I finally managed to finish one."

Right? It seems like every month a new series is dropping. I feel lucky to have been able to finish reading as many as I have.

message 9: by Daisy (new)

Daisy | 471 comments Mod
I don't usually buy many books but I have got a couple so far this month...

The Selection (The Selection, #1) by Kiera Cass Murder Most Unladylike (Wells and Wong, #1) by Robin Stevens Scumble (Savvy, #2) by Ingrid Law (this one I read earlier in the year and loved it so had to own it) The Apple Tart of Hope by Sarah Moore Fitzgerald (this one was an impulse buy!)

message 10: by Kat (new)

Kat (kaitlins16) Edelweiss/Netgalley: Out of the Dragon's Mouth by Joyce Burns Zeiss For Real by Alison Cherry Magonia by Maria Dahvana Headley None of the Above by I.W. Gregorio

For an ARC Tour: The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black

From an trade: Rebel Belle (Rebel Belle, #1) by Rachel Hawkins

message 11: by Irene (new)

Irene (raenne) I got a lot recently, can't keep track of them all, some may have arrived in October :)

Got for free from a friend:
The Complete Works by William Shakespeare The Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway

ARCs:
Den fredløse by Carina Evytt Unforgotten (Unremembered, #2) by Jessica Brody Shopaholic to the Stars (Shopaholic, #7) by Sophie Kinsella Samlerne by Michael Kamp The Sign of Four (Sherlock Holmes, #2) by Arthur Conan Doyle The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes (Sherlock Holmes, #3) by Arthur Conan Doyle The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes (Sherlock Holmes, #4) by Arthur Conan Doyle Paper Towns by John Green Honeymoon in Paris by Jojo Moyes Let It Snow by John Green Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green

Got from kind author:
Havets Tåre (Havets Tåre, #1) by Camilla Wandahl Ask konge taber by Camilla Wandahl Som en tikken under huden by Camilla Wandahl

Bought:
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Harry Potter, #2) by J.K. Rowling Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Harry Potter, #3) by J.K. Rowling Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7) by J.K. Rowling Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Harry Potter, #5) by J.K. Rowling Tell the Wolves I'm Home by Carol Rifka Brunt City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3) by Cassandra Clare Remember Me? by Sophie Kinsella I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith Confessions of an Angry Girl (Confessions, #1) by Louise Rozett The Silver Linings Playbook by Matthew Quick The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman Size 12 Is Not Fat (Heather Wells, #1) by Meg Cabot Vita Brevis A Letter to St Augustine by Jostein Gaarder Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict (Jane Austen Addict, #1) by Laurie Viera Rigler Just Ella (The Palace Chronicles, #1) by Margaret Peterson Haddix The Green Mile by Stephen King A Study in Silks (The Baskerville Affair, #1) by Emma Jane Holloway The Fairy Godmother (Five Hundred Kingdoms, #1) by Mercedes Lackey One Evening in Paris A Novel by Nicolas Barreau The Map of Time (Trilogía Victoriana, #1) by Félix J. Palma Frankenstein by Mary Shelley A Christmas Carol and Other Christmas Writings by Charles Dickens

message 12: by Daisy (new)

Daisy | 471 comments Mod
Irene wrote: "I got a lot recently, can't keep track of them all, some may have arrived in October :)

The Complete Works by William ShakespeareThe Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway

A..."

How come you got ARCs of Paper Towns and Will Grayson, Will Grayson? Those aren't exactly new books...

message 13: by Erin Lynn (new)

Daisy wrote: "Irene wrote: "I got a lot recently, can't keep track of them all, some may have arrived in October :)

The Complete Works by William Shakespeare[bookcover:The Old Man and th..."

I know a lot of book bloggers recycle their ARCs when they no longer have the space for it. It could be that she won them.

I enter to win ARCs all the time, and I see that sometimes, older ones are included.

message 14: by Irene (new)

Irene (raenne) Daisy wrote: "Irene wrote: "I got a lot recently, can't keep track of them all, some may have arrived in October :)

The Complete Works by William Shakespeare[bookcover:The Old Man and th..."

They came out Nov. 20 in Denmark..

message 15: by Erin Lynn (new)

Irene wrote: "Daisy wrote: "Irene wrote: "I got a lot recently, can't keep track of them all, some may have arrived in October :)

The Complete Works by William Shakespeare[bookcover:The ..."

I thought that could have been another reason. lol

message 16: by Daisy (new)

Daisy | 471 comments Mod
@ message 17 Irene

Oh, I see. :)

message 17: by Irene (new)

Irene (raenne) Daisy wrote: "@ message 17 Irene

Oh, I see. :)"

But I agree, it seems weird if you don't know it :) Same with Sherlock 2-4. Those books are old! But a new edition just came out and I was lucky enough to get them :D

message 18: by Daisy (new)

Daisy | 471 comments Mod
Lol, I didn't even notice them. Lucky you! Hope you enjoy them all! ;)

message 19: by Erin Lynn (new)

Angie wrote: "I managed a real score tonight. I did some traveling today. I went to Books-A-Million. I haven't been to one of those in ages. I got The Diviners (The Diviners, #1) by Libba Bray [bookcover:The Bone Season|1719..."

Ohhh. Let me know how Trial by Fire is. I want to read that, but I'm not sure.

message 20: by Erin Lynn (new)

I updated my November haul with all my Black Friday purchases from Book Outlet.

message 21: by Erin Lynn (new)

Angie wrote: "It was a surprise buy for me. It wasn't on my TBR or my Amazon wishlist. I had seen the cover around. I wanted something different (this has witches). It sounded interesting so I got it."

That's why I want to read it. It's got that whole Salem Witch Trails thing going for it.

message 22: by Erin Lynn (new)

Angie wrote: "Exactly why it caught my attention."

Right? The Crucible is one of my favorite plays, and I loved teaching my tenth graders about the trials. When we did the play, they literally ran to class. And they were always asking questions. Then things got really interesting when one of my students told us that her ancestor was put on trial for being a witch.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.