Fans of Interracial Romance discussion

Archived Threads > Breast Cancer Awareness/ Domestic Violence Awareness

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by A.W. (new)

A.W. As the month of October is quickly coming to a close. I would like to remind you BEAUTIFUL Ladies to make time and get your annual mammogram or if you've gotten yours remind your sisters, mothers, and friends. As women we have a nature of taking care of everyone else and neglect our own health in the process. I had my annual mammogram today and took the vow to remind 25 women to do the same. October is also Domestic Violence Awareness Month remember if you or someone you know is faced with domestic violence there is hope and you can get out. If you need more information or support please feel free to PM me. Be Blessed by Blessing someone else. PEACE

message 2: by Megan (new)

Megan (meganscoils) | 674 comments This is so nice of you!

message 3: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3396 comments Mod
Thanks A-W!!!

message 4: by A.W. (new)

A.W. Thanks Ladies.

message 5: by Kim (new)

Kim (kimgm) | 1032 comments Thanks, A-W! Here in Sweden, we get free mammograms once a year and free tests for cervical cancer (also once a year). I never miss my tests.

Surprisingly, what Sweden has been very bad at lately is supporting survivors of domestic violence. The previous government cut a lot funding that went to shelters and refuges for survivors. I hope the new government will rectify this.

message 6: by A.W. (new)

A.W. You're welcome Kim. Unfortunately funding is being cut here in the US as well and many domestic violence shelters has had to close because donations are down and funding is being cut. It is a constant battle but well worth it. We are so Grateful for blood, sweat, and tears of so many hard working individuals who go above and beyond for the cause of getting so many women and children to safety. There are several clinics here as well that offer free mammograms throughout the year for women. We just have to support one another in seeing the importance of taking the time to take care of our bodies and staying healthy.

message 7: by A.W. (new)

A.W. You are most welcome Velvet gypsy and thank you.