Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

BLIND DATE: ARCHIVED > ✔Pair 11: Lucy & Judith (November 2014)

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix), snowflakes and eyelashes (last edited Oct 24, 2014 04:52PM) (new)

★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix) (ladyknightnix) | 5533 comments Blind Date Challenge: Lucy & Judith

Challenge #9
Requirements

Genre: Horror
Cover: Bird
Plot: Death
Title: Night or Dark
Name: Caleb or Nancy
Setting: Florida or pub. 2007
Hidden Word: fly, sky, dirt, south, rest

message 2: by ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix), snowflakes and eyelashes (last edited Nov 29, 2014 12:21PM) (new)

★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix) (ladyknightnix) | 5533 comments Badges & Points
descriptiondescriptiondescription

Chosen Book:
The Sleepwalkers by J. Gabriel Gates
Genre(1) + Name(5) + Setting-place(6) + Hidden(5) = 17 points
Finished on day 24 = 1 point

description Total: 18 points

message 3: by Judith (new)

Judith Wow... finding a book is harder than i thought! How do he hidden words work?

message 4: by ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix), snowflakes and eyelashes (new)

★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix) (ladyknightnix) | 5533 comments The hidden words are words you have to read within the text of the book. The quick and easy way to find them is to go to Amazon.com and search within the book's "Search Inside". Some books don't have it though, so you'll just have to hope you're lucky while you're reading sometimes!

message 5: by Lucy (new)

Lucy Okay any ideas? I'm going to have a look now and see if I can find anything. I haven;t really read any horror so it might be a bit tricky.

message 6: by Lucy (new)

Lucy Not doing very well...
There's this:
The Sleepwalkers
Genre: Horror (1)
Name: Caleb (5)
Setting: Florida (6)
Hidden Word: fly, sky, dirt, south, rest ?
Which is only like 12 + however many hidden words there are + how long it takes us to read it. But I'll keep looking.

Actually, how fast do you read?

message 7: by Lucy (new)

Lucy I just checked and i think The Sleepwalkers has all the words in it so that would be 17. Have you found any good ones?

message 8: by Judith (new)

Judith haha just read the synopsis for the sleepwalkers. sounds like some outrageous drama in that book. How are you searching for books? I went through like a billion pages on amazon. Idk if i have found anything with more points.

What the Night knows by Dean Koontz.

Genre: Horror(1)
Cover: Bird(2)
Plot: Death(3)
Title: Night or Dark(4)
Name: Caleb or Nancy
Setting: Florida or pub. 2007
Hidden Word: fly(1), sky(1), dirt(1), south(1), rest(1)

total: 15

I think we should also choose a book that interests us the most. I'm trying to stay away from Stephen King because those books are super long!!

message 9: by Lucy (new)

Lucy Haha I thought the same about Stephen king! I've been through long lists on amazon as well and some on Goodreads but its so hard to find something that sounds good an fits the tasks. As I said I don't read horror so it's a bit tricky.

message 10: by Judith (new)

Judith i'm having no luck with anything worth more points. you?

message 11: by Lucy (new)

Lucy Nope. So shall we just go with what we think sounds most interesting?

message 12: by Lucy (new)

Lucy I might need to order in the book so what shall we read?

message 13: by Judith (new)

Judith Argh! sorry I'm been reading another book the last few days so i forgot to check in here. Whichever is ok. I think the dean koontz one sounds interesting. Sleepwalkers sounds like a soap opera, but still interesting. Also, the Sleepwalkers is a few more points, and it is a "teen horror" and it's less pages, so lets go with the sleepwalkers. How does that sound?

message 14: by Judith (new)

Judith Have you read Jennifer Armentrout's books? I'm trying to finish one of them so i can stop losing sleep over it! lol

message 15: by Lucy (new)

Lucy Haha no Ive never read any books by her. What are you reading?

message 16: by Lucy (new)

Lucy I don't mind which book we go for to be honest. I mean if you'd rather read the other one I don't mind.

message 17: by Judith (new)

Judith Lets do the sleepwalkers... also because i just ordered it like an hour ago. lol. And right now i'm reading Stone Cold Touch by Jennifer Armentrout, but i like and have read pretty much all of her books!!! Check them out later to see if they interest you. Luckily 2 of her series are complete.. when i was reading them i had to painfully wait.

message 18: by Lucy (new)

Lucy Haha okay I'll order it now. Didn't Jennifer Armentrout write the Lux series?

message 19: by Judith (new)

Judith Yes she did write the Lux series! I just love everything she does! Waiting for my book to arrive btw. I hope it comes tomorrow! I ordered some clothes online on monday and it already arrived! smh.

message 20: by Lucy (new)

Lucy Mines not arrived either :/ I don't suppose it'll take long now

message 21: by Judith (new)

Judith Mine came in yesterday (finally). I'm going to start reading it tomorrow.

message 22: by Judith (new)

Judith How goes the book? I haven't read as much as i hoped to at this point in time, so I'm about to binge read.. 1. to find out what the heck is going on. Is Christine crazy? or is crazy isn just happening? And considering i have like another 100 pages, i think crazy isn is happening. and 2. i want to finish this book so i can be happy and read a nice romance or something. Any book recommendations?

message 23: by Judith (new)

Judith Ok i finished. There were so many things wrong with that book. idk where you are so i don't want to spoil it. What a disappointment. lol

message 24: by Lucy (new)

Lucy I'm not hugely impressed so far to be honest. I'm going to try and finish it this weekend so I can get it done.

message 25: by Lucy (new)

Lucy Just finished chapter 5 this morning and that Dream place is so messed up.

message 26: by Lucy (new)

Lucy Literally just finished it. What were you thoughts?

message 27: by Lucy (new)

Lucy Also I don't know if you saw Nicole's comment but we both have to rate the book to get our points and badges

message 28: by Judith (new)

Judith Eh. I rated as 1 star. It was ok, but u felt had so many open ends. Who took the sister? Was it Caleb's dad? How did they not know his dad was crazy all this time? How could the town just cover it, or not seek outside help to find their loved ones? It was unbelievable that Caleb would drop everything to go help Christina after he had not seen or heard from her in sooo long. He also didn't seem to mourn his friend very much. What is he going to tell his friend's parents?! Why did Keisha wake up if she was dead? She doesn't seem evil... And his dad was the last body soooo what happens now? I was underwhelmed. It was weird. I didn't like the devil aspect of it... and why did Christina's mom say she was evil and her sister was the good child?.. argh! lol what did you think?

message 29: by Lucy (new)

Lucy Yes yes yes! I absolutely agree with you! It was pretty underwhelming actually. The plot just didn't make sense to me at all and nothing was explained properly. The characters, as you said, made no sense either. I kept thinking all the way through 'what's he going to say when he gets home?' Because honestly he gets there and seems to forget that he has any parents or ever lived anywhere else. And the devil part....just no.