The Kindle Chronicles discussion

Fire Phone

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by jm2 (new)

jm2 | 7 comments I for one am disappointed the fire phone is flopping, but not surprised it is. I was telling family and friends I was going to get a smart phone from Amazon when it came out. But when it was announced it was tied to a certain carrier under a contract, that was the deal breaker with me. I imagined a cheaper subsidized phone for prime members that would work on any network,I am with T-mobile.

I was thinking for Amazon to compete they would have to think outside the box and they did not. I ended up getting a Samsung. Sorry Amazon I waited for 2 years to see what you had to offer :(

Prime member for 4 years now

I am curious if others imagined the same scenario I did?

message 2: by Mary (new)

Mary | 41 comments I, too am disappointed that the Fire phone has been such a colossal failure. I have been a prime member for years and love my Kindle e-readers. I think Amazon is forward thinking and does think " out of the box". However, the flaw I see in their tablets, and now, phone is their refusal to give us the complete Android experience. I, too, have a Samsung Galaxy Phone with the full out Google Play store.

message 3: by jm2 (new)

jm2 | 7 comments very good point regarding the Google play store. No access to Google play store another deal breaker.

Think amazon will stick it out or the fire phone will go the way of the Zune?

message 4: by Mary (new)

Mary | 41 comments I think it is an Edsel.

message 5: by Therese (new)

Therese Flanagan (therese_flanagan) | 7 comments I bought one after seeing the e-mail Len sent letting us know when it went on sale, for a day or two, for $199. I use it as I would an ipod, with just wi-fi. It has been great.