Avengers Assemble! discussion

The Villains > Can't forget them...

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

♠ TABI⁷ ♠ (tabi_card) Heroes are a huge part of Marvel...but so are the villains. And they have just as interesting story and characters arcs. Got a favorite villain? Start a new topic about them!

message 2: by James (new)

James | 243 comments Mod
In terms of the movies, you have to go with Loki. Ultron will be interesting thought I think..

♠ TABI⁷ ♠ (tabi_card) This thread is also open for villains from the comics as well ;) but yeah, Loki so far is one of the best movie villains. Probably because Tom Hiddleston just puts so much into him.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

My favorite is Loki! He's a very clever villain.

message 5: by Travis (new)

Travis (travishiltz) | 417 comments Mod
Loki is probably the best of the movie villains, though Thanos has potential to catch up to him.

From comics: while I like the classic bad guys, Dr. Doom, Ultron and that sort, I've always had a soft spot for the goofy, second tier guys.
Guys like the Griffen, Stiltman, the Wrecking Crew and the Headmen.
They were less dramatic, but more fun to read about.

message 6: by Abigail (new)

Abigail   (rose_way) | 278 comments Red skull

♠ TABI⁷ ♠ (tabi_card) Green Goblin was always a favorite of mine.

message 8: by Abigail (new)

Abigail   (rose_way) | 278 comments Yes

message 9: by James (new)

James | 243 comments Mod
I like the X-Men villains.. the Brotherhood, The Hellfire Club, Sentinels, Purifiers, Marauders..

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

I've never seen an X-Men movie, how good is it?

message 11: by Travis (new)

The first three are good, though they tend to turn into 'Wolverine and the X-men', as the first trilogy goes along.
Lots of good actors/characters, but they weren't great at juggling the cast, so some characters get about five minutes of screen time.

First Class is a bit of a hot mess. Lots of good ideas, but if you know any actual history, as well as X-men history it hurts to think about it.

My daughter liked 'Days of future past', but I haven't seen it yet.

and we all pretend the Wolverine movies didn't happen.

message 12: by James (new)

James | 243 comments Mod
I was speaking more of the comic book villains - some of which have not appeared in the movies. There are five X-Men movies now, not counting the Wolverine movies. They are good, though I grew up reading the comics and prefer the stories as they were originally told. I would say check out X-Men (first movie from 2000) or maybe X-Men: First Class... I don't think that Days of Future Past would be a good place to start..

message 13: by Travis (new)

And if we are talking X-men villains, can't forget Juggernaut.

I would also put the Brotherhood of evil mutants on my list of favorite villain teams.

message 14: by Abigail (new)

Abigail   (rose_way) | 278 comments yes

message 15: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (willowberry) | 4 comments My favorite Villain is Viper/Madame Hydra from the comics/Earth Mightiest Heroes