Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Cover Help > Renaria - Into the Adyton Book Cover adjustment request

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by J.L. (new)

J.L. (jlwilson) | 10 comments Hi there,

Can you kindly update the book cover for Renaria - Into the Adyton to the below linked image? I made some adjustments for print. The book has not been published yet. Source: My own image. Thank you in advance for your help.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2hoy7y83m0m...

-J.L. Wilson

message 2: by Banjomike (new)

Banjomike | 5530 comments J.L. wrote: "Hi there,

Can you kindly update the book cover for Renaria - Into the Adyton to the below linked image? I made some adjustments for print. The book has not been published yet. Source: My own image. Thank you in advance for your help.

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22..."

There are three reviews from beta-readers and/or ARC readers. What cover did they receive?

message 3: by J.L. (new)

J.L. (jlwilson) | 10 comments Banjomike wrote: "J.L. wrote: "Hi there,

Can you kindly update the book cover for Renaria - Into the Adyton to the below linked image? I made some adjustments for print. The book has not been publi..."

Hi Mike!

They received "Advanced Reader" eCopies (mobis not printed) versions of the book. The changes from the old cover to this new one move the black font to the mountain so that it is legible when printed. No copies have been printed. Thank you for your help.

message 4: by Banjomike (new)

Banjomike | 5530 comments J.L. wrote: "They received "Advanced Reader" eCopies (mobis not printed) versions of the book. The changes from the old cover to this new one move the black font to the mountain so that it is legible when printed. No copies have been printed. "

So the ARCs had no covers at all?

message 5: by J.L. (last edited Oct 24, 2014 12:13PM) (new)

J.L. (jlwilson) | 10 comments Banjomike wrote: "J.L. wrote: "They received "Advanced Reader" eCopies (mobis not printed) versions of the book. The changes from the old cover to this new one move the black font to the mountain so that it is legib..."

The ARCs (mobis) included the image where the text was black over the fog.

I think I found more information for alternate cover revisions, once edited I will adjust to default. Please let me know if this is not the best route, thank you: https://www.goodreads.com/help/show/3...

message 6: by Banjomike (last edited Oct 24, 2014 12:21PM) (new)

Banjomike | 5530 comments J.L. wrote: "The ARCs (mobis) included the image where the text was black over the fog.

What is your policy for allowing cover revisions? "

Our policy starts from the point of view of someone who owns a book. They have a particular edition with a particular cover. We don't change the cover that they have added to their shelves. What we do is add an Alternate Cover Edition which is basically the identical book record with the NEW cover and a Librarians Note which says "Alternate Cover Edition of ISBN xxxxxx". That way members can keep the cover they have and authors can change covers for new editions.

I'll add a new edition with your new cover now. Then you can make it the default edition which will appear in searches and suchlike.

Edit, here:
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

To set the new cover to be the default in searches etc
Firstly, click here.
Then, on the right-hand side of the page about halfway down, click "Set this book as the primary edition for this work".
Finally, Click "Save Changes"

message 7: by J.L. (new)

J.L. (jlwilson) | 10 comments Banjomike wrote: "J.L. wrote: "The ARCs (mobis) included the image where the text was black over the fog.

What is your policy for allowing cover revisions? "

Our policy starts from the point of view of someone who..."

Thank you :)

message 8: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42013 comments Mod
Is the publication date Nov. 7 or 17?

Also, if the cover was only released as an ARC, this is case where we would move the ISBN to the new edition, and mark the old one as an ARC, rather than an alt-cover.

message 9: by J.L. (last edited Oct 24, 2014 12:54PM) (new)

J.L. (jlwilson) | 10 comments rivka wrote: "Is the publication date Nov. 7 or 17?

Also, if the cover was only released as an ARC, this is case where we would move the ISBN to the new edition, and mark the old one as an ARC, rather than an ..."

Hi Rivka,

The publishing date is Nov 7th as shown in the original listing. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2... Not sure why the new edition states the 17th now. Please advise on how to best correct so that all shows up appropriately. Thank you for your help.

message 10: by Banjomike (last edited Oct 24, 2014 01:00PM) (new)

Banjomike | 5530 comments Sorry about the 17th.

I've moved the ISBN and added ARC to the old record. The new one is still the default.

message 11: by J.L. (new)

J.L. (jlwilson) | 10 comments Thanks all :)

message 12: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42013 comments Mod
Adjusted titles to Goodreads standard for title/series.