Between Words discussion

Random > Real Book vs E-Book

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Which do you prefer? Why?

message 2: by Kayla (new)

Kayla | 13 comments E-Book,because its more portable. My Kindle is in my purse at all times, so I can pick it up whenever! I enjoy that the books are cheaper and my house doesn't have piles everywhere!

message 3: by Sriram (new)

Sriram | 48 comments I too prefer ebooks. they are cheap, portable, I can start reading the moment I want to, wherever and whenever. lastly, nobody can steal in the name is borrowing!!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I actually prefer real books. I'm a nerd and want a huge library, plus there's something about the tangible object to me.

message 5: by Fatma (new)

Fatma  Elasouad (fatma555) | 35 comments I'm gonna have to go with e-books, they're more practical for me as I read quickly and on the go, just pop my kindle into my bag in between my textbooks so I'll have hundreds of books to read whenever I like...

This all comes at a huge price tho, the cost of losing the smell of new books, the feel of the pages in my hand as I snuggle down in been reading, the sight of numerous books stacked away looking pretty in shelves.....

Yeah but what can I say, hundreds of cheap books on a lightweight multitask kindle fire (internet, photos, videos, movies, apps) over books.... I'd have to pick the kindle <3

Avid Reader and Geek Girl (avidreaderandgeekgirl) I love both, I can't choose!

message 7: by Catharine (new)

Catharine (catharinalouisa) There's just something about a real book, the cover, the paper stock of the pages, how the type is set, seeing how much you've read..

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Catharine wrote: "There's just something about a real book, the cover, the paper stock of the pages, how the type is set, seeing how much you've read.."

And the smell, right?!

message 9: by Sriram (new)

Sriram | 48 comments I love all of 'em that you have mentioned about real book. including the smell. :-) :-) But convenience, space and portability takes precedence for me.

message 10: by Jenni (new)

Jenni | 83 comments I have stacks of books. Like my to read stack and my read stack. I love watching the piles get smaller and bigger. And it's just something about holding the book in my hands and physically turning the pages. I mean, I've never read a book on a kindle so I'm only slightly biased... Haha

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Jenni wrote: "I have stacks of books. Like my to read stack and my read stack. I love watching the piles get smaller and bigger. And it's just something about holding the book in my hands and physically turning ..."

I have an iPad from work and I never use it...for anything haha. But I'm more old-school in a lot of ways

message 12: by A.J. (new)

A.J. Love | 69 comments I have both .. But I definitely prefer and actual real book. They're all over my house!
I love the smell of them (weird I know) and I just think there's something really satisfying about turning pages

message 13: by Farren (new)

Farren (mmmcookies) As much as I love the smell and feel of a real book, I couldn't live without my Kindle. I don't have space for all the ebooks I've purchased if they were real books, I can get whatever book I want online, and I think the bookstore people would judge me harshly as a loser when they witness me come in several times a week lol Plus Amazon does a free app of the day and some are really good!