Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Urban Fantasy > Favorite gods/mythology books

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Dawes (laurendawes) | 4 comments I'm massively into history and especially mythology and gods and goddesses. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good urban fantasy series with gods in it? I'm not fussy about their origins as long as they're immortal and bad-a#@ :) thanks!

message 2: by Grace (new)

Grace (Calcat) | 99 comments The first one I can think of Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunters series. Lots of gods in this one. Night Pleasures (Dark-Hunter, #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon

message 3: by Kim (new)

Kim Bishop (paranormalyyours) | 2 comments Have you read Touch of Frost by Jennifer Estep? It's Y/A but I thought it was pretty great actually, for Y/A. It's a series, The Mythos Academy. Check it out.

message 4: by Sandra J (new)

Sandra J Weaver (sandraweaver) | 451 comments Roberta Gellis has a few novels based on Greek mythology.

Dazzling Brightness (Greek Myths, #1) by Roberta Gellis Bull God (Greek Myths, #4) by Roberta Gellis

Enchanted Fire (Greek Myths, #3) by Roberta Gellis

message 5: by Joseph (new)

Joseph  (bluemanticore) | 216 comments Some of my favs are:
Jacqueline Carey's Agents of Hel trilogy starts with Dark Currents and, surprise, has Hel as a main character.
Kevin Hearne's Iron Druid Chronicles series starts with Hounded and has many different deities appear, among them Brigit, Morrigan, and Flidais.
Stephanie Julian's Forgotten Goddesses PNR trilogy starts with What a Goddess Wants and features Etruscan goddesses like Lusna and Thesan.
C.E. Murphy's Walker Papers series starts with Urban Shaman and has different deities make appearances here and there, including Brigit and Morrigan later in the series.

Michelle(Chelle) aka Nightshade - Cake Whisperer (michmag) Rosanna Leo has a sweet, sexy series that starts with For the Love of a God (Greek God, #1) by Rosanna Leo .

message 7: by Cait (last edited Nov 04, 2014 12:59PM) (new)

Cait | 10 comments I second the Iron Druid series. Also, American Gods if you somehow missed that one (though I'm not sure if it counts as traditional UF)

message 8: by Pandora (new)

Pandora Nyx | 3 comments Eternal guardian series by Elizabeth Naughton. The first book is a bit out there but I loved every book so far in the series. Includes hades, his son, Zeus, creatures, sirens, all of the goodies ;)