Goodreads Reviewers' Group discussion

The Amalgamist
This topic is about The Amalgamist
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive > Travel, romance, history - Reviewers humbly requested

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Cristel Orrand (amalgamistbooks) | 16 comments Hi,

I'm looking for a few more reviews on my new book, set half in NY and half in Turkey and is a mix of genres, more of a literary fiction version of a travel romance. Latest review compared it to Gilbert's "Eat, Pray, Love."

I typically read historical fiction, but am happy to review for other genres as well. First few chapters are available on GoodReads, Amazon and B&N. If you're interested after that, message me and I'll send you the pdf. Thanks!!!
Cristel

Brief Synopsis:
The Amalgamist tells the story of Miriam Claymore’s quest to reimagine herself in the wake of impetuously quitting her life. Awash in the rippling sea of one small mistake, each seemingly insignificant decision urges her closer to her destiny. Along the way, Miri finds the perfect cohort in Alex—but the centrifugal forces of the love, and lies, of three generations threaten them both. Leaving New York and arriving in Turkey, Miri is immersed in an almost magically idiosyncratic world of unsettling strangers, castles, spice bazaars, Roman ruins and skyscrapers, beggars and beaches. Overwhelmed by contrast, surreptitious forces continue to nudge her along her path until something begins to culminate.

Cristel Orrand (amalgamistbooks) | 16 comments Hello fellow bibliophiles. The Amalgamist was just nominated for an Eric Hoffman Indie book award! I am still looking for a couple more reviews, and am happy to swap books as well, most genres considered.
Thanks and Happy Reading!
Cristel

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.