Jane Austen discussion

Pride and Prejudice
This topic is about Pride and Prejudice
Fun Austen Stuff > Pride and Prejudice Manga Classics

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by E.A. (last edited Oct 24, 2014 12:35PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

E.A. | 5 comments I found this in chapters.

Pride and Prejudice Manga Classic

I did a fan girl scream, got a few weird looks, but i was like, what ever... Like a boss. They also have Emma and a few other Classics, Click here for the Manga Classics Facebook Page

I think this is amazing, what do you think?

message 2: by Noe (new) - rated it 5 stars

Noe This is a beautiful cover design, but for some reason it seems like it would work better for Emma than P&P. I would love to see what they could have done including an image of Darcy, that is I'm assuming the person on the cover is Elizabeth.

message 3: by Louise Sparrow (last edited Feb 15, 2015 09:43AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Louise Sparrow (louisex) | 301 comments I know what you mean, and on the cover of the version I have there is a dance scene at the top which I think works a little better.

It's a beautiful book though, I think they did a brilliant job all through.

I don't know how you attach specific covers but... https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

message 4: by Noe (new) - rated it 5 stars

Noe I just looked at the book on amazon and saw the dance scene above the lady seated, and it does look great. But I don't know what manga means. I know it is a preferred drawing program but does it mean that this is done like a comic book?

Louise Sparrow (louisex) | 301 comments Manga is a Japanese cartoon artwork style, the basis of the anime films. So yes, this is a graphic novel, like a comic book but read from right to left.