Vaginal Fantasy Book Club discussion

Wicked as They Come (Blud, #1)
This topic is about Wicked as They Come
Oct 2014: Wicked as they Come > Would you stay in Sang?

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Veronica (new) - added it

Veronica Belmont (veronicabelmont) | 33 comments Mod
So, would you stay in Sang if you had the option? Is living in fear of bludbunnies enough to keep you away, or would you get used to it (like living in a bad neighborhood?).

message 2: by Kiala (new)

Kiala Kazebee | 44 comments Mod
If the food was good and the neighborhood was up and coming I'd stay.

Heather | 175 comments Absolutely not. I couldn't imagine living in a world where taking off your gloves would be such a dramatic and fearful act. Most people also live in tiny closed in cities that are filthy and there's a lot of mistrust.

message 4: by Neohgirl (new)

Neohgirl | 68 comments There isn't much appealing about it; so I think it would have to be true love for me to decide to stay.

Laurel Could I cosplay it?

Cathal Stockdale | 21 comments The Lost Lola wrote: "If I had the option to return home willingly like Letitia, yes. The clothing sounds cute but the food descriptions were awul."

Have to agree with Lola, if I had the option of being able to return and a good guide there I would give it a try.

Julie England (tehluhlah) | 13 comments The Lost Lola wrote: "If I had the option to return home willingly like Letitia, yes. The clothing sounds cute but the food descriptions were awul."

This! I was enchanted by the caravan but the rest of the world seemed pretty brutal. So I would need to be able to switch back and forth!

message 8: by Katie (new) - added it

Katie (theonceandfuturekiki) | 29 comments I don't think I'd want to spend any significant amount of time in Sang. I have no interest in uncomfortable clothes, icky sounding food, and no plumbing or internet. And the descriptions of the cities made them sound so disgusting. I wouldn't want live somewhere where my only choices were gross cities or the dangerous and somewhat desolate wilderness.

Also, wouldn't want to live in a world where all the cute animals wanted to eat you.

message 9: by James (new)

James | 108 comments I agree with Katie, I don't want to live in a place where there is a high probability I would get killed by a blud-otter, that would just be embarrassing.

Alicia I... like underpants. The thought of just having petticoats... no. It's a shallow reason but I am staying in my world of knickers.

message 11: by James (new)

James | 108 comments Alicia wrote: "I... like underpants. The thought of just having petticoats... no. It's a shallow reason but I am staying in my world of knickers."

OK, so she was going commando in the story. I wondered, but I was not sure how the petticoats thing worked.

message 12: by Maza (new) - rated it 4 stars

Maza B. (maza34) | 7 comments Same as Katie : I don't see anything that would make me stay in Sang!
Of course, I might consider to change my mind if there is my one true love, especially if he is a sexy/creepy Bludman... ;)

message 13: by Maza (new) - rated it 4 stars

Maza B. (maza34) | 7 comments Alicia : traditionally, under Victorian dresses you had to wear some kind of shorts with an opening in the right places to be able to never undress during the day. It seems a bit more dressed up than what is described in the book, but I agree that knickers seem way more comfortable !

Susan | 30 comments Not in a million years. The clothes, the food, the cities... fascinating to read about but in reality would just be absolutely awful. Even if I was meant to be someone's truest of true loves there, no way.

Jonathan (calijonathan) I couldn't see any reason to stay there. Non-vampires stuck in crappy cities, dressed up like mummies with no exposed skin. Vampires a persecuted minority. I can't see any upside. Back to the real world for me.