Adventure Reading discussion

White Water Recommendations?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by William (new)

William Graney | 99 comments Mod
Having been on a few rafting trips I was inspired to pick up The Emerald Mile. I'm slowly making my way through it and wondering if anyone can recommend other books on white water adventures.

message 2: by Travis (new)

Travis (tjc8) | 4 comments Running Dry by Jonathan Waterman, not exactly white water the whole way through but the author does travel the length of the Colorado River. An important book for our time and looks at the whole CO basin with pretty fun writing in spots. I haven't found anything that stacks up to the The Emerald Mile yet though, an excellent read.

message 3: by Andrew (new)

Andrew | 1 comments I read Amazon Extreme by Colin Angus and Ian Mulgrew a few years back and it was great. Couldn't put it down at some points it was so exciting. I'd check that out.

message 4: by William (new)

Thanks - I'll add both to my To Read list.

message 5: by Dave (new)

Dave I liked The Last River: The Tragic Race for Shangri-la , takes place in China

message 6: by Doug (new)

Doug Cornelius (dougcornelius) | 1 comments I enjoyed Running the Amazon. It's the story of the first expedition to run the entire length of the river.

message 7: by William (new)

Finished The Last River Dave - thanks for the recommendation. I liked it but it seemed like the author was far removed from the action and because of that I never had the sense of being in the kayak, but it was definitely a fascinating story.