Brent Hartinger Fans discussion

Brent's Best Book

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michael (new)

Michael Jensen (michaeljensen) | 11 comments Mod
Which of Brent's many books is your favorite? Have you been reading him since he wrote his classic Geography Club or maybe you only discovered him this year when Geography Club was turned into a movie. Here is your chance to talk about Brent's books, which ones you like the best, and what they mean to you!

message 2: by BookChic (new)

BookChic Club (bookchicclub) | 7 comments I will always have a special place in my heart for Geography Club as it was one of the first gay books I ever read. But I also really enjoyed Dreamquest (though I know that didn't end well).

message 3: by Gervan (last edited Oct 24, 2014 07:59AM) (new)

Gervan (gjalvi) | 14 comments My first book was Geography Club but I had already seen the movie so I believe that it somewhat lessened the impact. I still thought it was amazing though.

But I credit my favorite book as Order of the Poison Oak. It was quick, fun and oh-so-sweet. I read the entire thing in a day lol. Attack/Bride of the Soul-Sucking Brain Zombies comes in at a close second for amazing plot twists.

message 4: by Anthony (new)

Anthony Mione (jasonpixar) | 45 comments I started reading Brent's books after watching Geography Club on Netflix. I was surfing Netflix for a movie to watch, and I came across Geography Club. I wasn't quite sure what to expect. I thought, "Why would they make a movie about a Geography Club?" Well, I watched the movie, and what a huge impact it had on me. Changed my life. I then read The Russell Middlebrook series of books. I'd have to say my favorite is The Elephant of Surprise. I like the way the Russell & Kevin relationship comes full circle. And I love the final scene. Very touching. And the theme of the book is so true. You never know what the future has in store.

message 5: by Michael (new)

Brent and I went to LA for part of the filming of Geography Club and it was a fantastic experience. It's been amazing how many more people have discovered his books because of Netflix! I think you guys are really going to love The Thing I Didn't Know I Didn't Know.

message 6: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia | 22 comments Oh man, tough question... But I think my favorite book really is Geography Club.

message 7: by Michael (new)

Michael | 16 comments Wow tough call!! I love GC and all the books in the RM series but I'm gonna go with Grand & Humble. That book was a masterpiece IMO. I like how it was written and the "two sides of the same coin" theme. It definitely made me question some moments in life and say "how would things be different?". Plus the ending screams sequel lol

message 8: by Anthony (new)

Anthony Mione (jasonpixar) | 45 comments Hello All,

I am trying to locate the downloadable version og Grand & Humble, but I'm not having much success. I tried Ibooks and Kobo but they don't have it. I'd really like to read it. Anyone know where i can purchase it? Thanks, Anthony

message 9: by Anthony (new)

Anthony Mione (jasonpixar) | 45 comments Hello All,

I just purchased a hard cover copy of Grand & Humble. I can't wait to read it. Thank you Michael for mentioning it. Anthony

message 10: by Brian (new)

Brian | 8 comments I really enjoyed G and H. Very neat twist at the end.

message 11: by Anthony (new)

Anthony Mione (jasonpixar) | 45 comments Brian wrote: "I really enjoyed G and H. Very neat twist at the end."

Hello Brian,

Michael calls G & H "A Masterpiece". Would you consider it your favorite Brent Hartinger novel? Do you like it better than GC? Just wondering. Thanks, Anthony

Anthony wrote: "Hello All,

I just purchased a hard cover copy of Grand & Humble. I can't wait to read it. Thank you Michael for mentioning it. Anthony"

message 12: by Brian (new)

Brian | 8 comments I think I liked the Zombie book the best, and Project Sweet Life was the funniest.

message 13: by Anthony (new)

Anthony Mione (jasonpixar) | 45 comments Thanks Brian. Now I want to read Project Sweet Life. :)

message 14: by Michael (new)

Michael | 16 comments Anthony wrote: "Hello All,

I just purchased a hard cover copy of Grand & Humble. I can't wait to read it. Thank you Michael for mentioning it. Anthony"

No problem. Let us know what you think when you're done with it. I think you're going to love it though!!

message 15: by Michael (new)

Michael | 16 comments Brian wrote: "I think I liked the Zombie book the best, and Project Sweet Life was the funniest."

Hmmm...Guess I'm gonna have to check out PSL now lol

message 16: by Anthony (new)

Anthony Mione (jasonpixar) | 45 comments While I''m waiting for Grand & Humble to be delivered, I downloaded Project Sweet Life to my Ibook. Should be an interesting read. :)

message 17: by Michael (new)

Just proofed The Thing I Didn't Know I Didn't Know for Brent again and I think you will really love it!

message 18: by Anthony (new)

Anthony Mione (jasonpixar) | 45 comments I'm still waiting for Grand & Humble to arrive by mail. It should arrive soon.

message 19: by Gervan (new)

Gervan (gjalvi) | 14 comments Michael wrote: "Just proofed The Thing I Didn't Know I Didn't Know for Brent again and I think you will really love it!"

I can't wait to read it again and add it to my shelf <3

message 20: by Ondřej (new)

Ondřej | 2 comments I've discovered Brent after seeing the movie last Christmas. Since that, I've read the whole Russel Middlebrook series and found it really nice and funny. Then I've read Grand&Humble, The Last Chance Texaco and Project Sweet Life. If I had to choose one book from them, it would be probably The Last Chance Texaco. I remember I was not able to stop reading it. I like that the whole story is closed in one book, thrilling up to the very end.

Now I'm really looking forward to read The Thing. I've already read 30% sample a month ago. Waiting for the final release was so long, I almost forget everything, so I'm going to start over :)

message 21: by Anthony (new)

Anthony Mione (jasonpixar) | 45 comments Hello Ondrej,

Thanks for sharing your story. I enjoy hearing how people discover Brent's novel's and how the movie effected them. I ordered Grand & Humble. It should be delivered by Dec 26. I will now download The Last Chance Texaco. I just started The Thing I didn't know, I didn't know.

message 22: by Anthony (new)

Anthony Mione (jasonpixar) | 45 comments The goal I have set for myself for 2015, is to read all of Brent's books. I have read all of the Russel Middlebrook series, mainly because I am such a huge fan of the series and I can't get enough of them. I'm currently reading Project Sweet Life. Once I've read them all, then I'll decide which one I like best. Just curious, if there is anyone in our discussion group who has read all of Brent's books? Thanks, Anthony

message 23: by Michael (new)

Michael | 16 comments All except 2 so I'm pretty close. I have to check out Project Sweet Life and The Last Chance Texaco.

message 24: by Michael (new)

Since I'm married to Brent and am his first reader, I can pretty much guarantee I've read more of his writing than anyone else on the planet! LOL!