Devon Book Club discussion

Archive > Lila by M Robinson

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angela (new)

Angela Hobbs | 222 comments Before I Go To Sleep
Just started this psychological thriller - looks promising!

message 2: by Angela (new)

Angela Hobbs | 222 comments Finished this bookBefore I Go To Sleep last night. A quick and easy read which nevertheless intrigued me. It is about a woman in her mid forties who has an unusual form of amnesia resulting in a total loss of memory each morning when she wakes up. It has recently been made into a film starring Colin Firth and Nicole Kidman, so looking forward to seeing it at some point.

message 3: by Helen (new)

Helen | 105 comments Hi Angela, I liked this book as it was quite unusual, I look forward to seeing the film too.

message 4: by Angela (new)

Angela Hobbs | 222 comments Hi Helen - I've just discovered the film came out in cinemas back in September and is due for release on DVD sometime in January.I can also recommend Gone Girl in both film and book formats (I read the book back in the early spring and thought it would make an intriguing film).

message 5: by Helen (new)

Helen | 105 comments Hi Angela, I have read Gone Girl and enjoyed the book, but I haven't seen the film as yet. I have so much to catch up with! I normally enjoy the books better than the films, but with AtonementAtonement I thought the film was better than the book. Have you read/seen Atonenment?

message 6: by Angela (new)

Angela Hobbs | 222 comments Re- Gone Girl, I thought the film was very true to the book and it worked well - I enjoyed both, which is unusual as I usually prefer the book to the film. I have both read and seen Atonement, quite a long time ago now, and enjoyed both - but I think the film helped to make more sense of the book!

message 7: by Lynda (new)

Lynda Bowler | 6 comments Angela wrote: "Finished this bookBefore I Go To Sleep last night. A quick and easy read which nevertheless intrigued me. It is about a woman in her mid forties who has an unusual form of amnesia re..."

Sounds a bit like the Adam Sandler film '50 First Dates' - but will of course be so much better with Colin Firth.