What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Circa 2006-2008 High Fantasy Book, likely YA - had an elder brother who was supposed to rule her High Fiction Kingdom, but he got involved in some dirty magic with dirty people

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hanna (new)

Hanna Rosenna | 1 comments Hello--fairly new Goodreads person, hope I am doing this correctly, if I am not feel free to delete but don't shame me, I am just a sad, forlorn lady looking for a book.

I read this book in middle school, circa 2006-2008. It was substantial--nothing short, but at LEAST a 350 pager. I'm like almost sure the cover was orangey-reddish and had the young princess on the cover. It was def teen-based. From what I can remember, the Princess (whose name, I think, was Char, maybe a derivative of Charlotte?) had an elder brother who was supposed to rule her High Fiction Kingdom, but he got involved in some dirty magic with dirty people and (maybe??) died (or at least got sick) and she was left to rule. I feel like she had to go on a journey first? Potentially to save him? She also was for sure a warrior, and I think fairly mean, but it came from second-child syndrome. Father was alive at the start, I think, but was sickly. I know this is little to go off of, and probably sounds like a million books out there, but I've been trying to find this for years. Thank you in advance to anyone who helps!

message 2: by Kris (last edited Sep 27, 2019 02:35PM) (new)

Kris | 35119 comments Mod
Hanna, is the royal family human or part-human? Are there fantastical creatures?

Can you tell us more about the princess (e.g., her age, skills/powers, favorite weapons, etc.)? Is there romance?