Crime, Mysteries & Thrillers discussion

23 views
Archive - General > September 22nd - September 29th

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

˜”*°•.˜”*°• Sheri  •°*”˜.•°*”˜ | 1479 comments Mod
If you were making a movie of the last book you read, who would you cast as the lead and why?


message 2: by Bruce (new)

Bruce | 2143 comments The last book I read was the Cossacks. The lead was Olenin, a somewhat more wealthy young man from Moscow who joins the Cossacks because he wants a change and purpose. He has a bit of naïveté about him. I honestly don’t know many young contemporary Russian actors. Anton Yelchin probably would have been good, but he’s now deceased. Daniel Radcliffe is the only one that really comes to mind, or maybe Josh Hutcherson from the Hunger Games would be good.


˜”*°•.˜”*°• Sheri  •°*”˜.•°*”˜ | 1479 comments Mod
Bruce wrote: "The last book I read was the Cossacks. The lead was Olenin, a somewhat more wealthy young man from Moscow who joins the Cossacks because he wants a change and purpose. He has a bit of naïveté about..."

I can't figure out why I think these actors are too short to be Olenin. I think I've seen something on PBS about the Cossacks with some old photos and it stuck in the back of my brain. 😄


message 4: by ˜”*°•.˜”*°• Sheri •°*”˜.•°*”˜, Moderator (last edited Sep 24, 2019 05:41PM) (new)

˜”*°•.˜”*°• Sheri  •°*”˜.•°*”˜ | 1479 comments Mod
I'm in the midst of The Baker's Secret and loving it. To me Marine Vacth would make a good Emma. She has that sulking look about her and looks like she could be a bit devious if it was absolutely necessary.


message 5: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) Sheri, who do you think would make a good Chief Inspector Armand Gamache - I thought of Jeff Daniels?


˜”*°•.˜”*°• Sheri  •°*”˜.•°*”˜ | 1479 comments Mod
Jenny wrote: "Sheri, who do you think would make a good Chief Inspector Armand Gamache - I thought of Jeff Daniels?"

In my head Chief Inspector Gamache is nice looking. Maybe not drop dead gorgeous but nice looking so I'm thinking Christopher North (or is he too young) or Pierce Brosnan (who may be too handsome but I still like him).


message 7: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) Sheri wrote: "Jenny wrote: "Sheri, who do you think would make a good Chief Inspector Armand Gamache - I thought of Jeff Daniels?"

In my head Chief Inspector Gamache is nice looking. Maybe not drop dead gorgeou..."


Too hard to choose, between Christopher North and Pierce Brosnan, Sheri. Both men can put their shoes under my bed.

I think both men will do a good job of playing Chief Inspector Gamache.


˜”*°•.˜”*°• Sheri  •°*”˜.•°*”˜ | 1479 comments Mod
hahahahahaha. I'm telling.


message 9: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) 😀


message 10: by Michael (new)

Michael Corleone (michaelc1) They did make a movie out of the last book I read! I just finished "One For The Money" by Janet Evanovich. I believe Katherine Heigl played the role of Stephanie Plum, but I would have picked either Rachel Weisz or (maybe) Kiera Knightley.


˜”*°•.˜”*°• Sheri  •°*”˜.•°*”˜ | 1479 comments Mod
Michael wrote: "They did make a movie out of the last book I read! I just finished "One For The Money" by Janet Evanovich. I believe Katherine Heigl played the role of Stephanie Plum, but I would have picked eithe..."

Checking this one out. Thanks.


back to top