What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Historical fiction with Francis Bacon and Shakespeare.

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laurie-Anne (new)

Laurie-Anne | 2 comments It's a bit vague. But I read it approx. 15 years ago. It was reddish yellow cover. And it was based around Shakespeare and Francis bacon. Sort of like a mystery set in England. It involved secrets surrounding Shakespeare I think. (almost like a Dan brown type plot if you get what I mean) But it was fiction definitely. It's been bugging me for so long now. Thanks in advance for any info that may help me find it.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37540 comments Mod
You may be looking for the same book as this person - there are some suggestions in the thread:

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32107 comments Mod
A guess - The Shakespeare Code by Virginia M. Fellows?

Laurie-Anne, what's the tone - e.g., mystery, court intrigue, politics, crime, adventure, dark, funny, romance, etc.?

Who are the main characters?

What are the location(s)?

message 4: by Eric (new)

Eric Bruce | 55 comments Could it be one of Benet Brandreth's Shakespeare novels ?

message 5: by Laurie-Anne (new)

Laurie-Anne | 2 comments It's very strange and sometimes I wonder if I actually dreamt it instead of read it. It was mainly Francis bacon. He was more of a detective trying to solve a murder or something, and there were Shakespeare references throughout. Some trying to disclaim that he was who he said he was maybe? Set in Shakespearean times I believe. But it's not the Anna castle books or the benet brendreth ones.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Shakespeare Code (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Virginia M. Fellows (other topics)