What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Promise Not to Tell
This topic is about Promise Not to Tell
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. A woman goes back to her home town to investigate a death similar to that of her best childhood friend who was killed in the woods behind their house. Spoiler ahead. [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Loves2read24 (new)

Loves2read24 | 5 comments So this book is a psychological thriller about a woman who goes back to her home town after a young red head is found murdered and it reminds her of her childhood friend who died in a similar manner, by some monster that lived in the woods. When she was a child she and her best friend played in the woods behind her house with the best friend’s brother and the brother’s best friend. And the brother used to hunt monsters in the woods and accidentally killed his sister that he hated with ether a cross bow or an arrow he made when he was trying to scare her so she’d leave him alone. He also killed the current girl that was found to keep people believing something in the woods killed her. The woman also finds a picture of them all which shows the best friend with a can around her neck with a spider in it as punishment for making the brother mad because he was training her to do what he wanted. I can’t remember the name of the book and it’s driving me nuts.

message 2: by Mai (new)

Mai | 1151 comments Maybe Promise Not to Tell by Jennifer McMahon? Found searching online. Sorry, I can't add the link in the App.

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32052 comments Mod
Promise Not to Tell by Jennifer McMahon - Mai's suggestion

message 4: by Loves2read24 (new)

Loves2read24 | 5 comments Nope it’s not that one

message 5: by Loves2read24 (new)

Loves2read24 | 5 comments Yes it is OMG! You found it!!

message 6: by Loves2read24 (new)

Loves2read24 | 5 comments Kris the murder was del’s brother Nicky right?

message 7: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32052 comments Mod
I didn't read Promise Not to Tell by Jennifer McMahon, but here's a quote from the Google Books preview: "Del said her brother Nicky had shot the crow two weeks before."

https://books.google.com/books?id=AJE...

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Promise Not to Tell (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Jennifer McMahon (other topics)