Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Bad Luck (Simon Kane Series #1)
This topic is about Bad Luck
Book Issues > A book I manually added is now a duplicate

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brad (new)

Brad When I first became an author on Goodreads, I had manually added the book listed in the topic. But I must have added the ISBN only to the 10-digit version. Since then, other versions of the book have appeared in Goodreads, all with their own ISBNs (paperback and hardcover).

The problem is that the manually added one is the same as the paperback that has its full 13-digit ISBN (9781733371506).

I need to have them merged so that it can have the proper 13-digit ISBN (shown above), but still have its rating, review, and other activity.

I don't know how to go about this, so I'm posting here, hoping for help to get this resolved.

Thanks.

message 2: by Emily (last edited Sep 22, 2019 02:38PM) (new)

Emily | 13538 comments Every book with an ISBN13 has an ISBN10 and vice versa. You had inadvertently put the ISBN13 into the slot for the ISBN10, which truncated it, so the edition with the 'real' ISBN imported on its own. It is easily fixed.
Posting here is the right move. I have merged the one with incorrect ISBN into the correct one and combined all of the editions. It could take a couple of days for the reviews to transfer and for the picture of the other edition to go away.

message 3: by Emily (new)

Emily | 13538 comments Also, the Adding New Books folder is for requesting to add new books to the database. Another time, please post in the Book Issues folder.

message 4: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42444 comments Mod
Moved to Book Issues.