Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > NA Dark Fantasy with fairy tale themes ~70K

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Hartmann | 31 comments Hello! I'm looking for a beta reader for my novel The Crown of Bones. It is an NA Dark Fantasy where the adventures have Grimm's Fairy Tale themes. Here is a blurb:

In a secluded mountain valley where the inhabitants believe in fairy tales, everyone is elated for the May Day Jubilee to see who will be chosen as Offerings to the Goddess Bergot.
Everyone, that is, besides Gisela.
Since the death of her brother, Gisela works hard to support her family. The only sources of happiness are her sister and an old friend named Brahm. When Gisela jilts the wealthy Lord Schulze, and Brahm punches him, the two find their fate sealed with a Black Letter.
As Offerings to the Goddess Bergot, Gisela, Brahm, and six strangers must leave the safety of the valley to find the mythical Crown of Bergot. No Offering has ever returned to the valley, but Gisela is determined to get back to her sister.
The journey is filled with deadly obstacles, resembling the fairy tales Gisela grew up with.
In the midst of surviving the journey, overcoming the guilt surrounding her brother’s death, and working through her feelings for Brahm, Gisela soon learns that an evil force killing the Offerings wants her for a different purpose. She must find the Crown or risk being possessed by a witch-goddess.

Trigger warnings: foul language, violence, and sex

Let me know if you are interested in beta reading for me, and I will send you the Google Doc

Thank you,
Kayla

message 2: by Lei (new)

Lei (writeupmyalley) | 4 comments I’d be interested!

message 3: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Hartmann | 31 comments Hi Leila! Thank you so much. What is your gmail? I will send you a Google Doc this weekend after I make a few adjustments.

message 4: by Luiz (new)

Luiz Castro | 9 comments I’d be interested aswell!

message 5: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Hartmann | 31 comments Hi Luiz! Thank you so much! Let me know you gmail address and I will send the Google Doc along with some questions :)

message 6: by Brittan (new)

Brittan | 4 comments Kayla are you still looking for more readers, I would be very interested.

message 7: by Luiz (new)

Luiz Castro | 9 comments Luiz wrote: "I’d be interested aswell!"
hi! i was expecting a message of some sort to send you my email adress privately. Please add me has a friend on goodreads so i can beta read your book.

message 8: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Hartmann | 31 comments Hi Brittan! Yes, I would be very grateful for another reader. Thank you. I will be sharing the Google Doc later today to my betas along with a few questions in an email. You can private message me your gmail address and I'll be able to share the doc. Thanks again!