Detailed Roleplayers discussion

1x1 > ☆ Fallen Catalyst/ Maven's Queen ☆

Comments Showing 1-46 of 46 (46 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 2472 comments Bloomfield Central Hospital is well known for its excellent pediatrics center. Within its halls can be found some of the most qualified and caring doctors and nurses around....but that doesn't mean they don't have their work cut out for them. 
Dealing with children can be tricky, but dealing with the teens of the floor- that's a completely different ballpark all together. 

Guy A is a fairly new resident of the pediatric floor. He never imagined he would be stuck in a boring hospital, forced to put his life on hold while his body fights cancer. It's easy to see he's stuck in a slump...Infact he probably would never even leave his bed if not for the prodding of his roommate, guy B, and the constant visits from his twin sister, Girl A. A hospital can be a depressing place for a teenage boy. 
  One day something pikes his interest though; a new next door neighbor- Girl B. From the moment she stepped foot on the floor things seemed destined to be different. By some twist of fate the four teens are thrust together, creating an unlikely band of friends. Together they get into a bit of mischief around the hospital, finding ways to work around the pause of life that hospitals generally demand. 

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) | 11791 comments Hi! Thanks for making the thread

message 3: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 2472 comments No problem!
So do you have a preference of which characters you would want? And about how much detail do you usually like to put into character profiles?

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) | 11791 comments I’d honestly be interested in any of the characters. Do you have a preference?

I usually keep mine relatively simple, name, age, appearance, some personality stuff, but not usually history.

message 5: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 2472 comments That sounds great for the character profiles, that is usually what I use too.
I'm thinking it should probably be split like whoever has guy A also has girl A (the twins) and whoever has guy B also has girl B. I think I kind of have an idea of how I'd like the twins to be so if it's cool with you I believe I would like to have them

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) | 11791 comments Alright. I’m good with that. :)

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) | 11791 comments 16-17ish age range I’m guessing?

message 8: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 2472 comments okay, great. And yes, that would be good.

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) | 11791 comments Okay. Anything else we need to set up before we make characters?

message 10: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 2472 comments I dont believe so, I think that's it.

message 11: by Fallen Catalyst (new)

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) | 11791 comments Okay! I should have my characters up soon probably

message 12: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 2472 comments alright, I should have mine up soon as well!

message 13: by Fallen Catalyst (new)

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) | 11791 comments I’m working on mine currently. Should it be like a cancer unit or should my characters possibly have different illnesses?

message 14: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 2472 comments However you want to play it off is fine, I'm not very picky.

message 15: by Fallen Catalyst (new)

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) | 11791 comments Okay. I just wanted to check cause I’m not sure yet on what to do

message 16: by Fallen Catalyst (last edited Sep 22, 2019 03:16PM) (new)

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) | 11791 comments Guy B (Roommate to guy A)

Name: Adrian Lawson
Appearance: https://i.pinimg.com/564x/c8/77/40/c8...
Reason for admission: cystic fibrosis
Personality:Having come to accept his illness, Adrian is a bit pushy towards others. It’s not intentional but he hates to see people just choosing to give up when they get diagnosed rather than at least trying to live with it. Hes usually pretty bright and energetic, always keeping a close watch over others and trying to help them

Girl B (New admission)

Name: Kyla Lynch
Appearance: https://i.pinimg.com/564x/ec/f5/04/ec...
Reason for admission: Brain tumor
Personality: Kyla often chooses to keep to herself and stay quiet. She was only recently diagnosed despite having symptoms for years which has made her generally frustrated and a bit passive aggressive to any sort of caretakers but will usually be polite to those her age at least. She constantly tries to keep busy rather than just sit and wallow though she doesn’t like to leave her room much.

message 17: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 2472 comments Name: Ezra Henderson
Diagnosis: Osteosarcoma
Appearance: https://i0.wp.com/vignette.wikia.noco...
Personality: Before his diagnosis Ezra was a fairly confident and outgoing person. He tended to be a natural at nearly anything he tried and made friends easily. Now, stuck in a slump, he tends to be more reserved and doesn't have as much of a spark to try new things.

Name: Lainey Henderson
Appearance: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/4e/37/...
Personality: Lainey tends to be an optimist, always trying to find a silver lining to anything negative. She is a very caring person and will go out of her way to make sure others around her are happy.

message 18: by Fallen Catalyst (new)

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) | 11791 comments I really like both your characters! :) (and just finished mine too)

message 19: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 2472 comments Great! I guess we are ready to start then. Would you like to start us off or would you want me to?

message 20: by Fallen Catalyst (new)

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) | 11791 comments Could you please?

message 21: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 2472 comments Ezra was still in bed, covers pulled over his head as he scrolled through Instagram, seeing all the photos of his friends and classmates enjoying their summer vacation while he was stuck here - in this stupid hospital that always smelled just a bit too strongly of antiseptic. While others were surrounded by the colorful flora of tropical islands he was surrounded by nothing more than nurses in candy colored scrubs. Some mornings he still expected to wake up in his own room and find that this had all been some sort of odd, long nightmare. But he always was greeted with the white tile ceiling, and the nightmare continued.

Lainey had just arrived at the hospital, a bag of clean clothes for Ezra tucked under her arm. The black bag looked out of place next to her considerably cheerier ensemble. By now she could practically find her way to Ezra's room with her eyes closed, so she didn't bother stopping by the desk. There was nowhere else that he would be. She made her way to the correct room - 117- and knocked on the open door before entering. She immediately spotted the large sheet covered lump on her brother's bed as she sat the black bag on the floor near the doorway. "Ezra Christopher Henderson you better not still be in bed just moping."

message 22: by Fallen Catalyst (new)

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) | 11791 comments Adrian had gotten used to Ezra’s constant moping though he did try to motivate him to get up and go for a walk with him or basically just do anything. Some days it worked, other days he just had to let Ezra sit and act invisible. He was sitting in a chair by the window when Lainey came in. “Good luck, I’ve tried.” He commented, offering her a tired smile. He looked forward to seeing her come in because at least she was someone who wasn’t so cut off and generally depressed, so she’d actually socialize a bit with him on the days when Ezra wouldn’t come out.

Kyla bit her lip as she was wheeled to her new room. She’d just started treatment for the tumor in her brain but the side effects were awful, making her so sick that they opted to admit her rather than send her home where things could get worse. She glanced around, trying to look inside the rooms and find someone near her age at least so she wouldn’t be the only teen stuck around a bunch of kids. She peeked inside one and saw a couple teens in one of the rooms, going by before she got too close of a look but the nurse ended up bringing her into the room right next door, 119. She sighed and moved herself to sit on the bed in the room, not speaking to the nurse except for a slight nod when she was given her backpack.

message 23: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 2472 comments Lainey gave Adrian a smile to show she appreciated his efforts, even if they were fruitless. She knew how draining it must be to put up with and try to motivate someone as mopey as her brother. Ezra stayed unmoving under the sheets, not even acknowledging her arrival and she sighed. "Let's get some more light in here" she said cheerfully as she walked around the bed and opened the shades on Ezra's side of the room. "If I was in a room this dull I wouldn't want to get up either." This change in lighting earned a groan from Ezra, but he still made no move to get up or even remove the sheet from over his head. Lainey moved on to unpacking the bag she had brought and putting the items away in the drawers. If she didn't she knew the items would just sit in the bag, untouched. She opened the first drawer and found it undisturbed, exactly as she had left it the last time she had put his clothes away. She carefully added a few colorful t-shirts to the drawer and shut it again. "I know you mentioned wanting that one hoodie, but I didn't know exactly which one it was, is this the right one?" She asked, pulling it from the bag and holding it up in the direction of the motionless lump on the bed.

Ezra did his best to ignore his sister's presence. He stayed silent a long moment, her question hanging in the air, waiting for an answer. Finally he let his phone drop onto his stomach, screen down. And peeked out from under the covers, squinting against the sunlight. ". . . Yes." He answered simply, supplying nothing more before pulling the sheet back over his head.

message 24: by Fallen Catalyst (last edited Sep 23, 2019 03:03PM) (new)

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) | 11791 comments Adrian nodded slightly to her, leaning back in his chair and trying to relax a bit. It was routine now for her to just come in and practically take care of ezra and get him motivated to at least maybe get up or do something. He glanced out in the hall when he heard a wheelchair squeaking down the hall. “Huh. Looks like another teenager is moving in Ezra.” He commented. Honestly, Adrian was a bit nosy sometimes, liking to see who was in the unit and what they were there for. But there weren’t very many teenagers, only like 5 at the most that he’d seen. But it had only been him and Ezra for a few weeks now so it was nice to see someone else.

Kyla listened as the nurse gave her some instructions and basically ground rules for the unit, barely acknowledging her until she left. She was allowed to walk around, as long as she didn’t rip out her IV or anything but generally should just take it easy and settle in to the room. Kyla didn’t plan on listening though, getting up once the nurse left and taking a moment to steady herself. She was exhausted and nauseous from the treatment but didn’t want to rest yet. It was all too unfamiliar still and she wanted to get some idea of where she was now going to be staying for who knows how long. She dug through her backpack and grabbed her phone before carefully walking to the door.

message 25: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 2472 comments Ezra wasn't interested in the new person. "Great, another person to potentially get on my nerves. Like I dont have enough of those already." He grumbled almost incoherently as he shifted under the covers, putting his back towards his sister. He didn't want any entanglements here anyway. Once he left here, he wasn't going to look back so what was the use of making friends here? This was one part of his life that he would be glad to forget about once it was over.

So it was going to be one of those days. Lainey folded up the hoodie in question again and placed it in one of the lower drawers, opting to say nothing in reply to his comment. She knew that in times like this it would be best to give him a bit of space, maybe if left alone for a while he would get bored with himself and get up. It had worked a couple of times before and quite frankly she was low on ideas. ". . . Well, I think I'm going to go get some coffee from the main level café. Would you like anything while I'm there, Adrian?" She glanced to her brother's room mate hoping he would pick up on her unspoken plan and follow suit if able.

message 26: by Fallen Catalyst (new)

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) | 11791 comments Adrian rolled his eyes. “Or if you’d attempt to talk to them it may be a friend for you. Something you certainly need.” He told him quietly, shrugging. He got annoyed with Ezra constantly being in such a sour mood but tried to just deal with it. It wasn’t like he could do anything about it other than try to motivate him to at least try and socialize.
He looked over at Lainey when she made the offer to go downstairs to the cafe. It wasn’t really an invite but she’d done it before and never seemed to mind him coming. “Can I just come down with you?” He asked, wanting out of the room as well, plus a walk around and coffee sounded good.

Kyla walked around the unit, taking her time and looking around to get an idea of the layout of the unit. She didn’t really know what else to do but it felt good to at least know where stuff was, even though she didn’t feel very good. She found a sitting area that was set up so kids could play a bit or just be able to sit and socialize if they were well enough. Nobody was in there right then so she slipped inside and sat on one of the couches, checking her phone.

message 27: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 2472 comments Under the covers Ezra rolled his eyes at Adrian's comment, not that he could see it. "Alright Dr. Phil, I'll keep that in mind." He muttered, his voice obviously dripping with sarcasm even with the layers piled over him muffling his tone. The last thing he wanted or felt he needed was to make friends here. He had friends already. Friends who didn't have to spend their days in depressing inpatient rooms.

"Of course!" Lainey answered with a smile, "Your company is always welcome, Adrian." She made sure she had her phone in her pocket and hadn't set it down somewhere else before starting towards the door. She stopped abruptly right as she reached it and turned to look back at the white blanket covered lump that was her brother. ". . . Oh, and Ezra, if you ever decide to get up you are more than welcome to join us as well." She continued out into the hall, silently hoping that Ezra would in fact eventually venture out from under his cocoon of fabric today.

message 28: by Fallen Catalyst (new)

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) | 11791 comments Adrian rolled his eyes and stood up. He knew that Ezra didn’t consider him a friend and that he had friends outside the hospital but he figured Ezra needed to at least try and see people and socialize. Laying in bed all day wasn’t going to do anything to help him get better. He slipped out into the hall ahead of Lainey, going over to the nurses station and speaking with one of them for a moment. He was mainly in the hospital for treatments for his lungs and it was easier to stay there rather than constantly go back and forth, especially since things had gotten worse lately.
He waited for Lainey, offering her a faint smile when she joined him in the hall. “I’m sorry you have to deal with him. I know he’s family but still. It must get exhausting to see him like that..” he said quietly.

Kyla sat in the room for a bit. She texted a few of her friends, updating them that she was likely gonna be stuck in the hospital for a bit before just putting her phone down. She didn’t really want to talk to them. What was the point? They were gonna go out and have fun with their summer and she was likely going to be stuck there.

message 29: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 2472 comments Despite dealing with Ezra's particularly moody morning Lainey still managed to stay in a chipper mood herself. It had become part of the routine and by now his moodiness didn't phase her as much- or she had at least gotten better at keeping such related concerns concealed. "I'm sorry you got stuck with such a bummer of a room mate" she countered with a small apologetic smile, starting off slowly in the direction of the Café. "He used to never be like this . . ." She knew that a lot of his behavior could be boiled down to grief. He had yet to accept his diagnosis and was angry with the world as he had the right to be at this stage . . . but that didn't make it okay to be so rude towards others. "I really appreciate the efforts you have made with him and I apologize for any nasty comments Ezra may have made towards you during those attempts . . . he'll come around eventually. I know it."

Ezra listened, unmoving as his room mate and sister left the room. He stayed that way long after the footsteps had faded, making sure he heard no other outside movement from within the room. All there was was the sound of his own breathing, the slight hum of the air conditioner unit, and the ticking of the wall clock. Somewhere far off a phone rang and a supply cart moved down the hall with it's one squeaky wheel. The longer he stayed under the covers the warmer the air grew and the harder it got to breath. He closed his eyes and focused on breathing. In. Out. In. Out. In. until the air under the blankets became too heavy and he was forced to throw them back from over his face. He took in another breath as the cool air beyond hit him, his lungs accepting the new air satisfiedly. He now stared up at the blank white ceiling, feeling empty, like he was living in a paused video game. The longer he stayed still, staring at the ceiling the louder the ticking clock seemed to get, reminding him that he was waiting his time here in bed, until it felt deafening. Finally he breathed an exasperated sigh and bolted upright to sit in bed, grabbing the pillow from behind him and chucking it at the wall clock opposite of him. It hit it dead on but fell harmlessly to the floor with a soft thwack, not so much as budging the ticking clock.

message 30: by Fallen Catalyst (new)

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) | 11791 comments Adrian shrugged slightly at her. “It’s all good. He’s not the first roommate I’ve had Thats been all depressed. I get it. And it sucks..” he walked beside her. “But it’s okay. He’ll come around. Or he’ll at least realize that laying in bed is just going to make things worse in the long run and that he should try and keep doing stuff while he can...” he added quietly, glancing around before back at her.

Kyla stayed in the sitting room for a bit before just deciding to go back to her room. There wasn’t anyone to interact with or much to do really so she figured she could at least go lie down. She got up and started walking back to her room, passing by Ezra’s when she heard something fall on the floor. Her curiosity got the better of her and she peered inside, seeing the pillow on the floor near the clock. “What’d the pillow do to you?” She asked, glancing to the guy in the bed and staying in the hallway.

message 31: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 2472 comments Lainey nodded. "Yeah, I just hope its sooner rather than later for his sake." She knew her brother was banking on this just being a temporary set up and that soon he would miraculously get better, honestly that seemed to be her parent's mind set too, but she knew how slim of a chance that outcome happening actually had. For now she wouldn't worry about that. It was much better to take everything one day at a time. She pulled down the sleeves of her pastel pink cardigan as they continued on. She had learned quickly to wear something warm here as she tended to get cold easily and the temperature was kept generally low to keep germ levels down. Today was no exception. At least the coffee would be hot.

Ezra was startled by the voice from the hall, he had been so annoyed with the constant ticking that he hadn't even bothered to listen for footsteps or anything else for that matter. Why couldn't his sister of remembered to close the door? He was about to tell whoever it was to mind their own business before he glanced to the door and the words were lost from his mind. There stood a girl who looked to be around his age, not the overly smiley nurse he was used to seeing crowding the door. "I, uh-" it took him a brief moment to recover. "It was flat and uh, needed fluffing." He said dumbly "so I threw it . . . to fluff it up again."

message 32: by Fallen Catalyst (new)

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) | 11791 comments Adrian nodded. “Me too. I’m glad you haven’t given up though. You still come to visit and I think that helps.” He commented softly. He walked by her side, glancing around as they headed to the café. He’d been there long enough that he was used to the cold and it did t really bother him that much. Though he still usually dressed warmly, mainly cause it was comfier to be in sweats and a hoodie than jeans or anything else.

Kyla raised an eyebrow at his explanation. “Really? Throwing it down on the hospital floor across the room was your best idea on how to fluff it up?” she asked, doubting that was the real reason but it didn’t matter much. They didn’t know each other so there wasn’t really much reason to have to tell the truth. She smiled a bit and rolled her eyes before moving and grabbing the pillow. She fluffed it up before she tossed it back to land on the bed with him.

message 33: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 2472 comments Lainey sighed, "I hope so. It's about the only thing I can do." It was frustrating to know there was nothing else she could really do to help in this situation. It was largely in the hands of Ezra himself. Only he could decide to change his mindset. She decided it was time to switch the topic to something less heavy. ". . . So aside from dealing with a mopey room mate, how have things been for you here recently? Seen, heard, or read anything interesting?" She asked as they neared the cafe.

"It, uh, seemed logical at the time . . ." He let the statement trail off and watched as she tossed the pillow -now freshly fluffed - onto the bed next to him. "Thanks - " he didn't have a name to fill into the blank so he just left it at that simple word, shoving the pillow back into its proper place.

message 34: by Fallen Catalyst (new)

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) | 11791 comments Adrian nodded in agreement. He kept walking by her, looking over at her. “Not really no. It’s not very entertaining here honestly.” He commented. “I’ve been trying to read but can’t find anything to really grab my attention. I kinda just want out of here.” He admitted, heading into the cafe with her. He smiled a bit at how the cafe was a bit warmer than the rest of the hospital and it smelled of coffee rather than the sterile hospital smell.

Kyla nodded for him. She shifted and leaned on the doorframe. “You’re welcome. I’m Kyla by the way.” She introduced quietly. She didn’t really want to go to her room and be alone despite being tired. “So what’s it like being stuck here?” She asked him curiously, noticing that there was more stuff in the room than if they’d just been there a couple days.

message 35: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 2472 comments Lainey nodded "Understandable." She commented in reply. She imagined that after a while the days here would start to feel like they were running together. Once inside the cafe Lainey took in a deep breath coffee was one of her favorite scents. It made about anywhere feel more inviting and comfortable. "What's the first thing you would do once out of here?" She asked curiously, genuinely interested of the answer.

"Nice to meet you." He was silent a moment, contemplating an answer. "It sucks just slightly more than you probably imagine it will." He answered at last "not much to do . . . besides chucking a few pillows at the wall." He elaborated, a hint of his formerly charming tone returning and a shadow of a smile tugging at the corner of his lips. He suddenly remembered he had forgotten to introduce himself. "Oh, I'm Ezra. Forgot to mention that."

message 36: by Fallen Catalyst (new)

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) | 11791 comments Adrian followed her inside and to the line to order. He shrugged a bit at her. “That’s a good question. The only way I can actually go anywhere far from here is if I get new lungs. In which case I’m gonna go to the mountains probably. I’m supposed to avoid high altitudes so why not go once im better..” he explained, shrugging at her. “If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?” He asked her curiously.

Kyla nodded. “Great. I guess it’s good that there’s lots of tv shows I wanna watch.” She commented lightly with a smile. “But the throwing pillows thing might be fun too.” She shrugged and stayed leaning against the doorframe. “Nice to meet you Ezra.”

message 37: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 2472 comments "I don't know." Lainey answered, moving up with the line as it shifted foward slightly. There were a lot of places she wanted to visit eventually and it was difficult to narrow it down to just one place. ". . . Maybe somewhere in Scotland. The countryside there is beautiful."

Ezra suddenly remembered Adrian pointing out earlier that another teenager looked to be moving in, and realized that this must be her. "Well I wouldn't exactly go with 'fun' but it's certainly something to do when you can't stand watching anymore TV or scrolling through social media . . . that unfortunately tends to get old fairly quickly."

message 38: by Fallen Catalyst (new)

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) | 11791 comments Adrian smiled a bit and nodded. “Scotland sounds like it would be pretty cool.” He agreed, looking over at her. “Would you go alone or do like a friends trip or take Ezra, like what would be your ideal trip?” He asked her. He just wanted to hear what she thought, doubting that he’d ever actually make it out of the hospital

Kyla nodded as she listened. “Does it just get repetitive and boring so it gets old really quick?” She asked him, trying to get an idea of what it was actually like being stuck there for ages on end. Ezra seemed like he’d know, based on the stuff in his room and how he seemed so bored of being there.

message 39: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 2472 comments "Definately not alone." Lainey answered straight away. She preferred to always have others around her. "I don't think Scotland would be Ezra's cup of tea, not enough going on there for him . . . " She thought aloud. "I would go with a friend or two if I could find some that would be alright with me dragging them around to obscure places that are not exactly popular tourist destinations and that would tolerate me taking about five thousand pictures . . . And we definately would not be staying in a hotel, we would rent a small cottage in the country for the length of our stay. That would be perfect to me."

"There is hardly ever variation in routine and everything tends to kind of run together after a while" Ezra confirmed. He shrugged after a brief moment of silence "And looking at the same four walls all the time just gets frustrating, i suppose you'll find that out soon enough if you havent already."

message 40: by Fallen Catalyst (new)

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) | 11791 comments Adrian smiled a bit as he listened to her explain her dream vacation. He certainly couldn’t see Ezra going, he seemed like he’d never leave his bed if the nurses never made him get up. A part of him wondered what Ezra was like before but they weren’t really close enough for him to be comfortable with asking Lainey about Ezra. He followed her up to the front of the line when it was their turn.

Kyla smiled sadly. “Well. Good to know that it’s gonna get old here really quick.” She commented quietly. “I think I’m annoyed with the lights and noise more than anything already.. i haven’t spent enough time sitting in my room to get bored of the four walls yet..” She explained, figuring it would half explain why she was standing there talking to him.

message 41: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 2472 comments Once to the front counter Lainey placed the order and handed over the proper amount to pay for it. As always she got a large plain black coffee which she put two packets of sweetener in once she had it in hand. She made sure the plastic lid was on securely before picking it up from the counter top, and holding it with both hands- appreciative of the warmth it gave off. She wondered if Ezra had even thought about at least sitting up yet now that they were out of the room. She waited for Adrian, "Want to stay in here for a bit? Looks like there is a good table open over by the window." She wasnt ready to head back out into the slightly chilly, disinfectant smelling halls yet and she doubted that Adrian would have any objections to staying a bit longer anyway. Besides, she hoped that by now Ezra was starting to get bored with himself.

"Yeah, florescent lighting doesn't give the most homey feel." Ezra agreed. ". . . How long are you projected to be stuck here anyway?" Ezra asked curiously"-that is if you don't mind my asking such a question." he added quickly.

message 42: by Fallen Catalyst (new)

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) | 11791 comments Adrian waited to order until after she did. He ordered a large hot chocolate with extra whipped cream. He'd tried coffee but never really appreciated the taste. Plus, he usually had enough energy that the last thing he needed was more caffeine. He came over to her, leaving the lid off his hot chocolate for now. "sure." He agreed, smiling and heading over to the table with her. He could only put up with Ezra for so long with his constant laziness and apathy.

Kyla shrugged. "Yeah, and it makes my head hurt worse so double whammy there." She commented. "It's okay. I don't mind, it's not like it's some secret." She reassured. "They didn't give me an exact estimate. More like a series of chemotherapy and radiation and if that works some then they'll do surgery." She explained to him. "What about you? How long have you been here, or are going to be stuck here for? If you want to tell me." She asked in reply, curious to know more. She doubted many kids stayed here long term but she didn't really know.

message 43: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 2472 comments Upon his confirmation Lainey headed towards the table. She set her coffee down on the table before pulling out the chair on the side that she had picked and settling in. The window had a good view of the small greenspace beyond. Some of the flowers that had been planted were already in full bloom, adding some additional color. It was a welcome sight in comparison to the fluorescent lighting and plain sterile white walls beyond the cafe.

Ezra listened and nodded appropriately during her explanation to show he was listening. "Its been about a month and a half since I was admitted" Ezra answered with a slight shrug. ". . . No idea how long I'll be here." He added "It depends on if the treatments work or if they believe I'm at risk for the cancer spreading. . . hopefully I'll be out of her soon, or else I might be the first person in history to actually die of boredom" There had been some mention about surgery, an amputation of the leg that was currently impacted, but that was, at least in Ezra's book, an unlikely last resort as it would surely end his soccer career and destroy his chances of getting a scholarship.

message 44: by Fallen Catalyst (new)

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) | 11791 comments Adrian smiled a bit and sat down in the chair across from her. He licked a bit of the extra whipped cream off the top of his cup before drinking some of the hot chocolate. He glanced at her before following her gaze outside. "It's pretty nice out today.. Was it warm when you came in?" He asked curiously, wanting to keep talking to her. He spent enough time in silence around Ezra.

Kyla nodded slightly as she listened to him explain. "That's a long time.." She agreed in a faint mumble. "But I highly doubt you're gonna die of boredom. It doesn't seem possible." She added lightly, smiling a little bit. She glanced around his room quietly. "It doesn't look like you're alone in here. It can't be that terribly boring.."

message 45: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 2472 comments "It's pretty nice actually, still a little bit chilly if you ask me - so probably perfect according to the rest of the world population." She smiled slightly. Before he had gotten sick that was one thing Ezra had teased her about constantly- he sometimes had even joked that she would still be cold wearing a winter jacket in July in the desert. It had slightly annoyed her at the time, but now she would be willing to do about anything just to hear his lighthearted mockery again. She pushed the thought away before her smile had a chance to fade completely. ". . . On my way in I spotted a flyer for a pop up art exhibit going up at the end of this week about two blocks from here." She mentioned, mainly to keep conversation going. "It looked like it might be interesting, maybe I could get permission to take Ezra there for a bit, get him beyond these walls just for a little while. If it works out, you could come too. I'm sure you're just as tired of looking at this place . . . It could be fun. . . or completely boring."

It doesn't seem possible. Just as a few months ago it didn't seem possible to him that he would be spending his time stuck in a hospital. At this point he never ruled anything out, including dying of boredom but he didn't comment further on the subject. "Yeah, I have a room mate- Adrian." Ezra sighed "He's been here even longer than me. . . He's down at the cafe with my sister getting coffee or something right now . . . a bit too perky for my taste, but he does make the stay semi bearable."

message 46: by Fallen Catalyst (new)

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) | 11791 comments Adrian nodded slightly to her as she explained. "Hmm, maybe I'll go out there for a bit later then." He commented. He didn't technically have to stay in the hospital 100% of the time because he wasn't that extremely ill. But going outside or anywhere far was always a risk of him getting sicker or being stuck somewhere and unable to breathe. Plus, his family just didn't really want to deal with all of the stress of it so he just chose to stay at the hospital.
He smiled a bit and nodded at the offer. "I think getting out of here for any reason would be fun and interesting honestly. It's better than staring at the same building all day long. And I think Ezra's doc would probably let him go if it was just for a few hours honestly. It's not like it can make it that much worse as long as we're careful." Adrian agreed with her, wondering if that might actually help Ezra a bit.

Kyla nodded as she listened to him explain his roommate. "At least he makes it a bit more bearable, especially since you've been here so long.." She agreed, looking over at him. She stayed leaning on the door frame, not wanting to go back and be alone in her room but she was getting more tired. "But who knows, maybe we can all help each other a bit to make this a bit better." She added with a shrug.