J.D. Robb discussion

Exit Strategy (Nadia Stafford #1)
This topic is about Exit Strategy
BOM Authors - To Be Continued > BOM Author Kelley Armstrong

Comments Showing 1-49 of 49 (49 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sandra (new) - added it

Sandra Hoover (sandrahoover) | 10172 comments Mod
For those of you interested in continuing the Nadia Stafford series after reading Exit Strategy as our Sept. 2019 BOM, you can discuss the series books here.

Kelley Armstrong

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 549 comments That's great. Thanks so much, Sandra.

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 671 comments Is this an ongoing group, or a new one starting?

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 549 comments Charlene, this is continuing our discussion of Book 2 and possibly 3 in the Nadia Stafford series.

Book 2 Made to Be Broken (Nadia Stafford, #2) by Kelley Armstrong next month.

message 5: by Sandra (new) - added it

Sandra Hoover (sandrahoover) | 10172 comments Mod
Charlene wrote: "Is this an ongoing group, or a new one starting?"

Only book 1, Exit Strategy, can be discussed in our Sept. Book of the Month thread so this new thread is for discussion of the books that follow for anyone wanting to continue the series.

Robin (robinmy) | 749 comments I'm reading Made to be Broken and am having a hard time putting it down. Anyone else reading it?

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 549 comments I haven’t got to it yet but I intend to read it sometime this month.

Patty | 441 comments I am also planning to read it this month.

Charlene (charlenev) | 262 comments I think I'm going to put this up next, probably start in the next couple of days.

Charlene (charlenev) | 262 comments Robin wrote: "I'm reading Made to be Broken and am having a hard time putting it down. Anyone else reading it?"

glad to hear you're enjoying it, Robin!

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 671 comments I think it's in the new pile of books from library. Do plan to read it.

Charlene (charlenev) | 262 comments I'm just a little over halfway through this second book, and I have to say that I'm enjoying it more than the first. Very engrossing story, and interesting relationship developments.

Robin (robinmy) | 749 comments Charlene wrote: "I'm just a little over halfway through this second book, and I have to say that I'm enjoying it more than the first. Very engrossing story, and interesting relationship developments."

I agree. I liked this one even better than the first.

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 671 comments I did read it; don't know why it says I rated it 3 stars, when I gave it 4. Hope I can remember the details if/when we discuss it!

Charlene (charlenev) | 262 comments Charlene wrote: "I did read it; don't know why it says I rated it 3 stars, when I gave it 4. "

I think it's because the thread was set up under the first book.

Robin (robinmy) | 749 comments What did everyone think of this book? I really enjoyed this one, even more than the previous. The story was engrossing. I understood what drove Nadia to her life as a hit(wo)man much more than I did before.

I was shocked when Sammi's body was found so early in the book. I didn't expect that. Actually, I thought she had been kidnapped for human trafficking. When Nadia and Jack found her body buried in the woods, I knew it was all about taking the baby.

Evelyn was back in this book. Her character is so intriguing. I don't know what to make of her. If I were Nadia, I certainly wouldn't trust her (and I don't think she does). I get the feeling that Evelyn would stab her in the back if she thought it would help her own cause.

Jack....I just wanted to smack him when he was talking to Evelyn about Nadia. He cares for Nadia and needs something to prod him (or shove him) toward her. Nadia is just about as bad. Why doesn't she just jump him??? It's obvious she cares for him more than Quinn. I like Quinn, but he isn't what Nadia needs. I hate love triangles. That is why I didn't give this book 5 Stars.

message 17: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) I haven't read this series by Armstrong, but I love her Rockton series.

Charlene (charlenev) | 262 comments Robin wrote: "What did everyone think of this book? I really enjoyed this one, even more than the previous. The story was engrossing. I understood what drove Nadia to her life as a hit(wo)man much more than I di..."

I enjoyed this one more than the first as well. Sometimes I find I just need to get past the first book in an series and then everything falls into place. I really liked that we got to see so much more of Jack - but wow, is he frustrating! I’ve found that Armstrong likes to set up 2 possibilities for love interests for her characters. No different in this series apparently.

One of the things I like about reading this author is that she writes in my neck of the woods. Bancroft, one of the small towns she writes about here, is where I spent my summers as a kid, and my sister now has a cottage there. I recognize all of the places, and can see the routes she’s having the characters take - it’s pretty cool.

I liked the case in this one, and am definitely looking forward to reading the next book.

Charlene (charlenev) | 262 comments Kirsten #EndGunViolence wrote: "I haven't read this series by Armstrong, but I love her Rockton series."

I haven’t read that one yet...next on my list! I loved the Bitten series, and her Omens series as well.

Robin (robinmy) | 749 comments Charlene wrote: "One of the things I like about reading this author is that she writes in my neck of the woods. Bancroft, one of the small towns she writes about here, is where I spent my summers as a kid, and my sister now has a cottage there. I recognize all of the places, and can see the routes she’s having the characters take - it’s pretty cool. "

That is very cool, Charlene. I like reading about places I've visited. It makes the story seem very real.

Robin (robinmy) | 749 comments Kirsten #EndGunViolence wrote: "I haven't read this series by Armstrong, but I love her Rockton series."

I have to read her other series. The only one I finished was the Women of the Otherworld series and I loved it.

Maureen Carden | 41 comments Kirsten #EndGunViolence wrote: "I haven't read this series by Armstrong, but I love her Rockton series."
Four way tie for all time favorite series. I think Rockton is just superb.

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 549 comments I'm starting tonight.

I"ve read the first two Rockton also and really enjoyed them.

Cindy (bkind2books) | 129 comments Finally able to get to this and I really liked it. Hope to get the next one from the library soon.

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 549 comments I'm half way through and really enjoying it also. I love the slow burn between Jack and Nadia. If these two don't get together by the end of book 3 I'm going to be soooo disappointed.

Robin (robinmy) | 749 comments Cindy wrote: "Finally able to get to this and I really liked it. Hope to get the next one from the library soon."

I'm hoping to read the 3rd book in November.

Robin (robinmy) | 749 comments Lisa - (Aussie Girl) wrote: "I'm half way through and really enjoying it also. I love the slow burn between Jack and Nadia. If these two don't get together by the end of book 3 I'm going to be soooo disappointed."

Me too, Lisa.

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 549 comments I finished book 2. I loved it. Well, not so much the killing stuff, which is bad which ever way Nadia tries to justify it but the relationships between the characters is great.

I can't wait till Jack breaks and says how he really feels about Nadia. Although he shows her in a million little ways. Sigh. I like Quinn as well, but he's not the HEA guy for Nadia. I can just see her and Jack at her place pottering around like an normal couple... until a job comes up.

Robin (robinmy) | 749 comments Lisa - (Aussie Girl) wrote: "I finished book 2. I loved it. Well, not so much the killing stuff, which is bad which ever way Nadia tries to justify it but the relationships between the characters is great.

I can't wait till ..."

I wonder how long it is going to take Jack and Nadia to admit their feelings. I hope they don't wait till the very end of the next book. That would be a little bit of a let down for me.

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 549 comments I'm starting the last book now. I want to know what happens..

Wild Justice (Nadia Stafford, #3) by Kelley Armstrong

Robin (robinmy) | 749 comments I'll be reading it soon.

Charlene (charlenev) | 262 comments Lisa - (Aussie Girl) wrote: "I'm starting the last book now. I want to know what happens..

Wild Justice (Nadia Stafford, #3) by Kelley Armstrong"

I was just thinking about what to read next and saw your post, Lisa...I started this morning!

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 549 comments Great Charlene. I'm up to Chapter 20. Interesting and disturbing things have been revealed. And I'm very happy how what is developing so far..

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 549 comments I finished... don't want to say too much but it was a five star read for me. Great end to the trilogy.

Charlene (charlenev) | 262 comments Lisa - (Aussie Girl) wrote: "I finished... don't want to say too much but it was a five star read for me. Great end to the trilogy."

wow, Lisa...I know you don't give out 5 stars easily! I'm about halfway, will probably finish today.

Robin (robinmy) | 749 comments Wow! I started this book last night and couldn't put it down. My kindle battery finally gave out around 1:00 am. I hope to finish it to night. Loving it so far....

Charlene (charlenev) | 262 comments I finished this last night...loved it! I think there are a couple of novellas in this series as well: Double Play (Nadia Stafford, #3.5) by Kelley Armstrong Perfect Victim (Nadia Stafford #3.6) by Kelley Armstrong I'm planning to read those as well!

message 38: by Lisa - (Aussie Girl) (last edited Nov 03, 2019 11:30AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 549 comments Oh thanks Charlene for the find. Definitely going to read those.

I think why I liked this book so much was the build up over the three books of Nadia and Jack's relationship. Lately I've been getting really tired of the instant love and supposed connection between couples in a couple of weeks. This slow build up just seemed so much more authentic and true to the characters. I was a bit thrown off by the Quinn distraction but actually it worked in really bringing Jack and Nadia finally together.

This would make a really good movie. Helen Mirren would make a great Evelyn!

Robin (robinmy) | 749 comments I finished this one early this morning. A great ending to the trilogy.

Lisa - I agree. I think Nadia and Jack's relationship is really what got me invested in this series. My frustration level with them was off the charts. I was beginning to wonder if the author was just teasing us. Not too many authors could drag out the potential relationship like she did and not have us giving up on them.

When the hitman came after Nadia while she was home walking her dog, I never thought about it possibly being tied to Aldrich. I actually thought her mafia contact from NJ was mad because she hadn't succeeded with her hit at the beginning of the book. I thought they may have hired someone to take her out.

I absolutely loved all of the twists at the end of the story. I wasn't expecting to see Quinn again.

Robin (robinmy) | 749 comments Charlene wrote: "I finished this last night...loved it! I think there are a couple of novellas in this series as well: Double Play (Nadia Stafford, #3.5) by Kelley ArmstrongPerfect Victim (Nadia Stafford #3.6) by Kelley Armstrong I'm planning to read those ..."

I hope my library has those books. I want to read them.

Robin (robinmy) | 749 comments Lisa - (Aussie Girl) wrote: "This would make a really good movie. Helen Mirren would make a great Evelyn!"

Yes, Helen Mirren would be perfect as Evelyn.

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 671 comments I ordered the third book from library, then I'll try to get the ebooks from my library.

Let me know when discussion will happen, please. I try to read just before then; otherwise, my fibro fog kicks in and I can't remember what I read.

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 549 comments Charlene wrote: "I ordered the third book from library, then I'll try to get the ebooks from my library.

Let me know when discussion will happen, please. I try to read just before then; otherwise, my fibro fog kic..."

We're reading the third book now, followed by the novellas, Charlene.

Charlene (charlenev) | 262 comments Did anyone else get to Double Play (Nadia Stafford, #3.5) by Kelley Armstrong this month? I thought it was really good, especially for a novella!

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 549 comments Yes, Charlene. I finished off both novellas earlier in December. They were a satisfying end to an enjoyable series.

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 671 comments I'm on hold for e-book of both novellas, two weeks out -- looks like.

Robin (robinmy) | 749 comments I read the first novella in the book and thought it was great. I'm looking forward to reading the second one soon.

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 549 comments Robin wrote: "I read the first novella in the book and thought it was great. I'm looking forward to reading the second one soon."

They are a great way to finish the series, Robin. I really like the last chapter of the last novella, but will talk more when you finish.

Robin (robinmy) | 749 comments I read the second novella, Perfect Victim last night. I loved the twists in this story. I wasn't sure who the killer(s) was and had to wait until they actually explained it.

I agree with Lisa. The last chapter of this book was perfect. Loved it!