24B4Monday Readathon discussion

Readathon Goals Archived > September 2019 Redathon Goals

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by jb (new)

jb Byrkit (jbbyrkit) | 227 comments Mod
Good morning everyone! This coming weekend is the #24B4Monday readathon. I thought I would post the goals thread for those who like to plan ahead.

What are your goals for the readathon?

message 2: by Allison (new)

Allison C (spellboundreader) | 1 comments I have been very slumpy this month and haven’t really read anything. My goal is to finish a 400 page book. Not sure which one yet though.

message 3: by jb (new)

Good luck! I’ve finished about four books, but I’ve been sporadic this month too.

message 4: by [deleted user] (last edited Sep 30, 2019 03:11AM) (new)

I'm in! I'll post my tbr later, I've also been slumpy this month and have only finished 3 books.

TBR(subject to change):
Exile 4🌟 9-27 to 9-28
Everblaze forced pause due to missing text
The Way of Kings reread 9-25 to
Words of Radiance reread
Oathbringer

Friday 27th
Exile
Starting page: 1
Ending page: 115
Pages read: 115

Saturday 28th
Exile*FINISHED*
Starting page: 115
Ending page: 568
Pages read: 453
Everblaze
Starting page: 1
Ending page: 130
Pages read: 130
Total pages read: 583

Sunday 29th
Everblaze
Starting page: 130
Ending page: 167
Pages read: 67
The Way Of Kings
Starting page: 37
Ending page: 95
Pages read: 58
Total pages read: 125

Readathon totals
Books finished: 1
Pages read: 823

message 5: by Glenda (new)

Glenda | 52 comments I'm in! If I finish up my current reading list, then I'm going to continue with my Halloween reading. I'm thinking of starting The Passage, Sparrow Hill Road, and/or Dead Leaves: 9 Tales from the Witching Season. Oh, and I need to finish Treasure Island for a group read.

message 7: by jb (new)

So glad to have you join us!

message 8: by Jessica (last edited Sep 30, 2019 10:53AM) (new)

Jessica | 36 comments I have been looking forward to this weekend! Am looking for interesting books to read to make headway in the Popsugar Reading Challenge.

Planned:
- finish Grief is the thing with feathers --> Done!
- make progress in still-reading-book-that-never-seems-to-end-but-is-actually-very-good Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality

- Started and really enjoyed Arthur the once and future king by White.

400+ pages read, could have been better... but busy weekend

message 9: by Jenny (new)

Jenny Clark I'm going to read Prince Caspian work on War and Peace and probably sneak in a volume or so of Deadly Class. And fi isb The Lost Planet if I don't between today and tomorrow.

message 10: by So (last edited Oct 09, 2019 02:31AM) (new)

So Mi (mimosaleaf) I'm reading The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle, The Secret Life of Bees The Secret Life of Bees , Snow Falling on Cedars Snow Falling On Cedars . There are other books on my TBR list but I will work on these three. Hopefully I will finish reading them by the end this month! (I read two of these as of today, 9th Oct).

message 11: by Mr Pink ink (new)

Mr Pink ink (mrpinkink) | 8 comments I'm so late to the party; my apologies!

I haven't really decided on a TBR yet, but I started Batman by Marie Lu - I'll update my TBR as I go along....

Happy reading

message 12: by jb (new)

No need to apologize! Glad to have everyone aboard.

How is everyone doing? I have errands to run today, but I’m going to be audiobooking while driving.

message 13: by Shannon (new)

Shannon  (bookjunkie57) | 43 comments jb wrote: "How is everyone doing? I have errands to run today, but I’m going to be audiobooking while driving."

Audiobooking while driving has saved my life. I've gotten in about an hour and a half so far today. Will probably do some audiocooking tonight which will give me a big chunk of time.

message 14: by Krystal (new)

Krystal (krystallee6363) | 48 comments Finished my first, Mythos: The Greek Myths Retold

Review here: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Now working through Salvation

message 15: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 36 comments I didn't read as much as I wanted this weekend, despite it being the perfect weather for it! (i.e. raining heavily all weekend). But did give myself permission to listen to audiobook almost non stop while cleaning, and cooking and folding laundry... lovely!

I like the readathons because it makes reading a conscious choice for entertainment over tv for instance ;-)

message 16: by jb (new)

I agree! It’s more a focused choice which I totally enjoy. Plus it keeps me on track for the weekend. So glad you joined us!

message 17: by Shannon (new)

Shannon  (bookjunkie57) | 43 comments I didn't accomplish my set goal of finishing one of my current reads however I did listen to over 7 hours of audiobooks and finished 2 of those so I'm happy. I had so many activities planned this weekend and it was good to accomplish something.

message 18: by jb (new)

Great job!