#AYEARATHON discussion

Oct.2019-Horror/Thriller/Mystery > October - To Be Read (TBR)

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ke-sha (last edited Oct 06, 2019 02:49PM) (new)

ke-sha (angel707) | 2008 comments Mod
This Month's Info:
Takes Place From - (7-13)
Theme - Horror/Thriller/Mystery
Media Thread Link:
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 2: by BlurryBug (new)

BlurryBug | 377 comments Will this be the week I finally once and for all will read Gone Girl lets hope so!
I want to continue with the Merciless series too

message 3: by Olivia (new)

Olivia | 12 comments I’m planning on reading miss peregrines home for peculiar children does that count

message 4: by NoRa (new)

NoRa BlurryBug wrote: "Will this be the week I finally once and for all will read Gone Girl lets hope so!"

I really enjoyed my experience with reading Gone Girl.

message 5: by NoRa (new)

NoRa I’m planning to read The Handmaid's Tale and East of Hounslow

message 6: by Abdi (new)

Abdi MO (ndb_abdi) | 8 comments BlurryBug, thanks for reminding me of Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn I've been wanting to read it for months now, but totally forgot about it!!
I'll try to do it this challenge.

message 7: by A Robin Reads (new)

A Robin Reads (arobinreads) I have four books I can chose from for this challenge. I will write them in other I "need" to read them:

1. Koorts
2. The Husband's Secret
3. An Untamed State
4. The Confession

I hope I can finish two of them in this week.

message 8: by Taya (new)

Taya (bibliotaya) hey guys. i hate to have to bring this up but i have a sad story coming your way and a small favor to ask.

my nephew, born 8/15/19 was born with a heart murmur that turned into a heart defect known as tetralogy of fallot which means that there are a few holes in his heart and valves that aren't working quite right. unfortunately the only way to cure this is through surgery which Jackson is scheduled for monday 9/30/19. his parents have created a gofundme page to help raise funds for his surgery. any amount helps and are greatly appreciated by myself and my sister and brother in law (Jackson's parents) if you are unable to donate, i understand, all i ask is you keep my little turtle in your thoughts this coming monday.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/baby-boy-j...

thank you. sad story over. again thank you thank you thank you if you donate....

message 9: by ke-sha (new)

Olivia wrote: "I’m planning on reading miss peregrines home for peculiar children does that count"

Yes. That counts. Hope you enjoy it :)

message 10: by ke-sha (new)

Ariel wrote: "hey guys. i hate to have to bring this up but i have a sad story coming your way and a small favor to ask.

my nephew, born 8/15/19 was born with a heart murmur that turned into a heart defect kno..."

I'm sorry about your nephew. I'll be keeping him in my thoughts!

message 11: by ke-sha (new)

Abdi wrote: "BlurryBug, thanks for reminding me of Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn I've been wanting to read it for months now, but totally forgot about it!!
I'll try to do it this challenge."

BlurryBug wrote: "Will this be the week I finally once and for all will read Gone Girl lets hope so!
I want to continue with the Merciless series too"

OH, Gone Girl I've been semi but not all the way spoiled on that book. I should probably finally read it this month BUT I wont like to myself and my books like that Lol

message 12: by Vivian (last edited Oct 03, 2019 01:36PM) (new)

Vivian Wolkoff | 117 comments I have an ambitious TBR (which I'll probably read 1 or 2 books from). But here it is:
Inspection by Josh Malerman I'll Be Gone in the Dark One Woman's Obsessive Search for the Golden State Killer by Michelle McNamara Wilder Girls by Rory Power My Best Friend's Exorcism by Grady Hendrix Cookies and Clairvoyance (Magical Bakery Mystery #8) by Bailey Cates and finish Cappuccinos, Cupcakes, and a Corpse (Cape Bay Cafe Mystery, #1) by Harper Lin

message 13: by Taya (last edited Oct 03, 2019 09:35AM) (new)

Taya (bibliotaya) my tbr for the week of 10/7
The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson The Cuckoo's Calling (Cormoran Strike, #1) by Robert Galbraith Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn Gideon the Ninth (The Ninth House, #1) by Tamsyn Muir and i will probably be finishing The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

message 14: by Iceyreads74 (last edited Oct 03, 2019 09:54AM) (new)

Iceyreads74 | 13 comments I don't have a very ambitious TBR but I would very much like to read Escaping from Houdini (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #3) by Kerri Maniscalco Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1) by Leigh Bardugo And if I'm lucky, I would like to finish The Librarian of Auschwitz by Antonio Iturbe

message 15: by Inge (Inge1990) (new)

Inge (Inge1990) | 17 comments oke my TBR is decided by some of my friends (part 1) and my parents (part 2) for the challenge owntober of the devour you TBR group. So not everything is suitable, but most will be. I wil start Claws and Effect during that week, lets see if I can finish that one. In addidion I would like to finish the teruggekeerden next week, so those will nicely add up for this readathon

part 1:
De duivel en het meisje
Can You Keep a Secret?
The Crucible
Het glitterpodium
Nineteen Minutes
De teruggekeerden

part 2
The Religion
Tell Me How This Ends Well
Claws and Effect

The fun part is, without knowing, a lot of this books they picked are already for quite some time on my TBR...

I'm also still finishing:
A great and terrible beaty
Carry on - Rainbow Rowell

Let's see how far I will get!

message 16: by Olivia (new)

Olivia | 12 comments My TBR for this challenge is miss peregrines
My witchathon tbr is dragons green
My own tober tbr is sea of monsters titans curse battle of the labyrinth and last Olympian from the Percy Jackson series

message 17: by acha (new)

acha (achazsa) | 27 comments I think this time I'm going to read The Institute because it's on my Fall TBR..

message 18: by BlurryBug (new)

BlurryBug | 377 comments My very ambitious tbr this week
Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn The Merciless (The Merciless, #1) by Danielle Vega The Merciless II The Exorcism of Sofia Flores (The Merciless, #2) by Danielle Vega The Merciless III Origins of Evil (The Merciless, #3) by Danielle Vega Science Comics Plagues The Microscopic Battlefield by Falynn Koch
I gotta finish Wayward Son by Rainbow Rowell first though

message 19: by BlurryBug (new)

BlurryBug | 377 comments Abdi wrote: "BlurryBug, thanks for reminding me of Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn I've been wanting to read it for months now, but totally forgot about it!!
I'll try to do it this challenge."

I had too! but it totally fit the challenge

NoRa wrote: "BlurryBug wrote: "Will this be the week I finally once and for all will read Gone Girl lets hope so!"

I really enjoyed my experience with reading Gone Girl."

I've had a hard time getting into it to be honest. I think I read the first 70 pages three times but going to listen the audiobook.

message 20: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 222 comments I completely re-arranged my TBR for this year (and the start of 2020) so instead of the planned horror I'll be reading The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes

message 21: by Zoe (new)

Zoe Dickens | 5 comments I’m planning on reading Princess Dracula

message 22: by Emily (new)

Emily (altheada) I'm planning on reading Sawkill Girls and Lullaby. If I finish those two, I'll also read Four Dead Queens.

message 23: by Aless (last edited Oct 08, 2019 03:03PM) (new)

Aless (alesstheintrovert) I think I am going to try to read Truly Devious (Truly Devious, #1) by Maureen Johnson (audio) Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1) by Cassandra Clare (audio) The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux (physical) Death Note, Vol. 1 Boredom (Death Note, #1) by Tsugumi Ohba (physical) this week

message 24: by Mell (new)

Mell (mellrouvray) | 5 comments Today I'm picking up The Girl at the Border.

message 25: by NoRa (new)

NoRa Vivian wrote: "I have an ambitious TBR (which I'll probably read 1 or 2 books from). But here it is:
Inspection by Josh Malerman[bookcover:I'll Be Gone in the Dark: One Woman's Obsessive Search for the Golden..."

Nice tbr!

message 26: by Rix (new)

Rix | 1 comments Hi! It's my first time to join :) I am planning to read "A Monster Calls" by Patrick Ness. I hope I'll be able to finish it in time. :D Good day!

message 27: by BlurryBug (new)

BlurryBug | 377 comments Rix wrote: "Hi! It's my first time to join :) I am planning to read "A Monster Calls" by Patrick Ness. I hope I'll be able to finish it in time. :D Good day!"

Welcome and best of luck! You can do it just remember to enjoy yourself!

message 28: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly | 139 comments BlurryBug wrote: "Will this be the week I finally once and for all will read Gone Girl lets hope so!
I want to continue with the Merciless series too"

I really enjoyed Gone girl! Hope you get to it!

message 29: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly | 139 comments I am slowly reading Christine by Stephen King I also finished Easy as One Two Three (Emma Frost #7) by Willow Rose today.... I am in the middle of The Chestnut Man by Søren Sveistrup and my next kindle read will be She Lies in Wait (DCI Jonah Sheens, #1) by Gytha Lodge have quiet a few other thrillers on my TBR this month, not sure what I"ll get to this week!

message 30: by Sicily (new)

Sicily  (sicilyjoy) | 35 comments I'm reading The Dark Game by Jonathan Janz
Here There Are Monsters by Amelinda Bérubé
The Hunger by Alma Katsu

message 31: by QueenAmidala28 (new)

QueenAmidala28 | 5 comments The Grace Year by Kim Liggett , Frankenstein by Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley , Dracula by Bram Stoker
Trying at least . . .

message 32: by Vivian (new)

Vivian Wolkoff | 117 comments NoRa wrote: "Nice tbr!"

Thank you, NoRa!

message 33: by Aless (new)

Aless (alesstheintrovert) Well to follow up on my intentional tbr, I've only made progress with Clockwork Angel but I might try to read Death Note tonight.