Support for Indie Authors discussion

Archived > KENP pages read

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dwayne, Head of Lettuce (new)

Dwayne Fry | 4271 comments Mod
Rick wrote: "...Over 1000 Kindle Select copies downloaded... only 7 pages read... and 5 pages read..."

Roughly half your post read like a bookwhack, so I'm deleting it. I salvaged this much, as it seems you're also trying to ask a question.

A thousand copies out is really good. Really, really good. And, so, someone read a few pages one day and a few on the next... so what? When you have a book out for free, you're probably not getting a lot of people taking it via KDP Select. And if they are, there's no reason they have to read the whole thing the day they download it.

message 2: by Rick (last edited Sep 23, 2019 11:45AM) (new)

Rick Maska (maskar1) | 1 comments Not intended as a bookwhack (I just looked up that term) -- just trying to get an understanding of how KENP works. You would think with that many copies there would be more pages read, but I understand that Kindle Unlimited readers and KOLL borrowers are a different audience than those that downloaded a free copy, whose pages read don't get reported. What you said make sense -- there is probably going to be some time lag involved.