What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Suggest books for me > Clean YA with childhood friends to lovers trope

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Fatima (new)

Fatima (fatimaahmad) | 29 comments I'm looking for a book where we get a childhood friends to lovers trope (as I've mentioned in the title). But to add a few more specifics
1) I would really like one where there are no explicit scenes
2) in the book i would prefer if the guy falls in love or realizes his feelings first. Wouldn't mind if he had always liked her but hid his feelings
3) the Hero and heroine would have always protected one another since childhood
4) I would not mind a fantasy setting. Does not necessarily have to be a contemporary romance.
5) the hero has to be someone who always looked out for the heroine. And remained loyal to her. I don't want a story like Frigid where the guy is with every woman before the heroine. I find that.
If someone could help me out here I would be so grateful
And I already have Eleanor and park. Also flipped. So anything other than these

message 2: by Fatima (new)

Fatima (fatimaahmad) | 29 comments I've read the first book in the lady midnight series by cassandra clare (didn't like it as much as TMI so didn't read the rest). Please don't recommend the grisha trilogy since I was rooting for the darkling in that :P anne of green gables i plan to read. So any book other than these

message 3: by Karen (new)

Karen | 262 comments On the Fence - very clean and very cute! Guy falls in love first, they have been like family since a young age.

message 4: by Fatima (new)

Fatima (fatimaahmad) | 29 comments Karen wrote: "On the Fence - very clean and very cute! Guy falls in love first, they have been like family since a young age."

Thank you I really appreciate it buuut I've also kinda already read everything by kasie west *embarrassed cuz I forgot to add the books I've read*

message 5: by Karen (last edited Sep 26, 2019 01:30PM) (new)

Karen | 262 comments Fatima wrote: "Karen wrote: "On the Fence - very clean and very cute! Guy falls in love first, they have been like family since a young age."

Thank you I really appreciate it buuut I've also kind..."

It's okay! :)

Oh I got one! Fake It Till You Break It is about two friends whose moms really want them to be together but they don't want to be together lol Totally clean

I recently read Challenge Accepted which was clean (the hero has a make out scene with another girl but no major details) about a pair of childhood friends who also don't want to be together.

The Only Thing Worse Than Me Is You is clean and they have known each other for a long time but mostly in school (they aren't neighbors).

The Wrong Bachelor - clean and also childhood friends, neighbors

Starry Eyes - they do have sex but it isn't explicit, childhood friends, neighbors

I had more than I thought :)

PS - Four Doors Down was super cute and the guy is definitely in love first. There is a sequel you totally don't have to read to enjoy the first book. I almost wish I hadn't read it to be honest. It has events that might be triggering. But book #1 is super cute, not triggering and clean except for mentions of sex (the girl wants to remain a virgin, bf pressures, etc). Super cute story with pining guy, avoid book #2 (which takes places in a time skip when they are in college).

message 6: by Fatima (new)

Fatima (fatimaahmad) | 29 comments Thankyou so much! They all sound so good (and funnily enough, I dowloaded challenge accepted before I saw your comment, haven't read it though but since you say its good, I can't wait to be done with my final professional exams and start reading)
Thank you once again ^_^

message 7: by Morgan (new)

Morgan | 16 comments I’d say The Boy Who Sneaks In My Bedroom Window by Kristy Moseley. It’s a bit different from what you have detailed. You don’t fully understand what the main guy does for the girl and how he feels about her until a few chapters in until then he seems like a player. However he has protected her since they were young like 8 years old I think, he falls for her first. There is sex but it wasn’t very descriptive and it was only once or twice I think.

message 8: by Fatima (new)

Fatima (fatimaahmad) | 29 comments Morgan wrote: "I’d say The Boy Who Sneaks In My Bedroom Window by Kristy Moseley. It’s a bit different from what you have detailed. You don’t fully understand what the main guy does for the girl and how he feels ..."

Nahhhh, I read the reviews and some of the quotes from this book. It was a while back but from what I remember, it had some heavy innuendo and the language was also not the sort I would be comfortable reading
Just not my kind of book. But thank you!