Ladies of Horror Fiction discussion

Sawkill Girls
This topic is about Sawkill Girls
LOHF Group Reads > SAWKILL GIRLS by Claire Legrand: PRE-CHAT Discussion

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Laurie   (barklesswagmore) | 504 comments We had two books win the poll for October so we'll be two doing book discussions! Who doesn't want to read more horror during the spookiest month, right?

This is the spot to chat about all things spoiler free regarding this book selection. You can read paper, audio - it does not matter!

Here's the blurb:
Beware of the woods and the dark, dank deep.

He’ll follow you home, and he won’t let you sleep.

Who are the Sawkill Girls?

Marion: the new girl. Awkward and plain, steady and dependable. Weighed down by tragedy and hungry for love she’s sure she’ll never find.

Zoey: the pariah. Luckless and lonely, hurting but hiding it. Aching with grief and dreaming of vanished girls. Maybe she’s broken—or maybe everyone else is.

Val: the queen bee. Gorgeous and privileged, ruthless and regal. Words like silk and eyes like knives, a heart made of secrets and a mouth full of lies.

Their stories come together on the island of Sawkill Rock, where gleaming horses graze in rolling pastures and cold waves crash against black cliffs. Where kids whisper the legend of an insidious monster at parties and around campfires.

Where girls have been disappearing for decades, stolen away by a ravenous evil no one has dared to fight… until now

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin I have this on my kindle so looking forward to it unless I forget 🙄

message 3: by Laurie (last edited Sep 21, 2019 07:08AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Laurie   (barklesswagmore) | 504 comments Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ wrote: "I have this on my kindle so looking forward to it unless I forget 🙄"

I'll have to nag you, haha! Just kidding, of course. Join us if you can. I don't know how I'm going to handle both books. My brain might break!

Latasha (latasha513) | 304 comments i found this one on overdrive. i'm on a wait list but i should have it by October.

Kimberly (kimberly_3238) | 211 comments This one sounds great!

Käthe | 22 comments Super excited for this one!!!!

Kimberly (kimberly_3238) | 211 comments Just ordered a copy!

lunacat37 | 2 comments I’m ready! :)

destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries] (howlinglibraries) | 47 comments I loved this book so much! One of my absolute favorite YA horror titles ever. I'm not gonna reread it yet but I am gonna stick around to see what you all think of it :) Unless I can get the audio from the library, in which case I might reread it.

Nicole | 1 comments If anyone has the option of doing the audio over the physical book, DO IT. The audiobook is SO creepy. I had to run to and from my car a few nights listening to it.

message 11: by Stacy Renee (new) - added it

Stacy Renee  (LazyDayLit) (stacyrenee) | 4 comments Oh, I have this one waiting for me at the library! :)

Laurie   (barklesswagmore) | 504 comments Nicole wrote: "If anyone has the option of doing the audio over the physical book, DO IT. The audiobook is SO creepy. I had to run to and from my car a few nights listening to it."

I'm so glad to hear this! I'm likely going to be reading via audio.

message 13: by Red (new) - rated it 3 stars

Red Lagoe (redlagoe) | 4 comments I just started reading my copy!

destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries] (howlinglibraries) | 47 comments Nicole wrote: "If anyone has the option of doing the audio over the physical book, DO IT. The audiobook is SO creepy. I had to run to and from my car a few nights listening to it."

aaaand I put the audio on hold for a reread thanks to this comment haha!

message 15: by Bec (new) - added it

Bec (_becandbooks) So keen for this one! Had it on my ereader for a while!

message 16: by Amanda (new)

Amanda "The BookBud" Bedingfield (thebookbud) | 2 comments Getting my copy tomorrow, very excited. First time in a group reading!

Sicily  (sicilyjoy) | 4 comments Got my copy from the library. Excited to start reading. I love the cover.

Laurie   (barklesswagmore) | 504 comments I'm so glad you're all joining us! I'll have the discussion threads up in just a minute.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin I’ve had this on kindle for awhile when they had a sale!! Looking forward to it😊🎃

Ashkoff | 4 comments Picked up my copy from the library yesterday !

Franklinbadger | 79 comments Last month's Group Read sadly didn't get off the ground for me (life just got too busy and complicated) but I'm looking forward to this month's reads!

message 22: by Kerry (new) - added it

Kerry (kerryebblack) | 92 comments Nicole wrote: "If anyone has the option of doing the audio over the physical book, DO IT. The audiobook is SO creepy. I had to run to and from my car a few nights listening to it." Oooh, that sounds fabulous! I have a hard copy, but that is a glowing endorsement for the audio. :)

lunacat37 | 2 comments I have a few read alongs this month so I got a jumpstart on this book and I’m almost done. I really like it! It’s a fun, easy, creepy read

Latasha (latasha513) | 304 comments Me too Danielle. I have a lot to get through.

message 25: by Cristina (new) - added it

Cristina | 1 comments About 40 pages in; a slow start but I am trusting everyone's review of it being extra creepy. I am a believer that the creepiness will set in soon. When is the first discussion?

Kimberly (kimberly_3238) | 211 comments I just finished TEETH IN THE MISt, so I'm a little late starting this one, too. (But much better than last month's!)

Cécile | 56 comments I read it in july, and I must admit, I was a little disappointed. I don't remember very well the story so I can't really discuss it.